Connect With Your University
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center offers a lot of student services that are available to you.
- Bookstore - VolShop – UTHSC located at 930 Madison Building and is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. The bookstore carries all required / recommended textbooks requested by the faculty. The store carries a wide selection of health related books for most health disciplines in the Reference department. Titles not in stock may be special ordered at no additional charge. The bookstore also stocks dental supplies and medical supplies. The bookstore accepts cash, check (with state ID), credit cards (American Express, Discover, Master Card, and Visa), Barnes & Noble Gift Cards, and approved department charge accounts. You can visit our location to make your textbook purchases or order online at shop.uthsc.edu or contact them at (901) 448-5623.
- Campus Safety-The UTHC Police Department (UTHSC PD) maintains a staff of uniformed campus police officers on duty 24 hours daily, seven days a week. Please notify campus police at (901) 448-4444 if you need an after-hours safety escort. In the event of an accident, crime or other emergency on campus, dial campus police first, before dialing 911. City Police are not familiar with all of the buildings on campus and dialing 911 first may slow response time. If you have any questions or problems we can help you with during your experience at UTHSC, please feel free to stop by our office at 740 Court Avenue, call us or visit us online at www.uthsc.edu/campuspolice.
- Dental Care-located in the Dunn Dental Clinic at 875 Union Ave. C-209 Memphis, TN 38163. UTHSC students may receive dental care in the Dunn Dental Clinic, receiving a twenty percent (20%) discount off fees for most procedures. For General Information regarding dental care please call (901) 448-6468. For Dental Emergencies call (901) 448-6241.
- Dining Services- community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility. UTHSC offers the following:
- Einstein Brothers Bagels - bagels and coffee for breakfast, plus bistro salads, soups, and sandwiches for lunch, and a variety of snacks anytime. Monday - Friday 7:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
- Erbert & Gerbert’s Bistro - a sandwich shop dedicated to serving better, more flavorful sandwiches than anyone else in the universe. Monday-Friday 11:00 A.M. - 1:30 P.M.
- Chick-Fil-A - Located in the Plaza Food Court and serving Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and waffle chips. Monday - Friday 11:00 A.M. - 1:15 P.M.
- Cyclone Salads - tossed-to-order salads with fresh ingredients. Monday - Friday 11:00 A.M. - 1:15 P.M.
- GEB Dining-Simply to Go/Starbucks offers a wide variety of snack items including fresh fruit and vegetables, sandwiches, salads, desserts, and microwaveable meals. Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. am (longer hours during exam periods)
- Health Career Programs- A variety of summer enrichment programs are available for undergraduate and high school students. These programs are described below, but students are strongly encouraged to visit the department’s website: http://www.uthsc.edu/HCP/
- Health Services-located at 910 Madison Ave., Suite 922 and is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. They can be contacted at (901) 448-5630 and online at www.uthsc.edu/univheal. The UHS is a primary care clinic of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. UHS is staffed by a variety of highly qualified health care personnel and staff who collaborate to provide comprehensive expert health and illness care. The UHS providers are available Monday through Friday for consultation, occupational health, personal care or procedures, or referrals. Most services are available at no additional cost to students regardless of your health insurance. University Health Services also has an expanded behavioral health program for students. The behavioral health staff includes a full-time Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and a part-time Psychiatrist. Counselors are also available on site. A provider is “on call” for consultation 24 hours a day, including holidays and weekends. Call (901) 448-5630 to be directed to the answering service or to leave a message with the UHS staff.
- Parking Services-located at 740 Court Ave. The office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 A.M – 4:30 P.M. They can be contacted at (901) 448-4446 and online at www.uthsc.edu/campuspolice.
- Student Affairs-The Office of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services (OSAES) is located at 910 Madison Plaza, Suite 520 and is the central administrative unit for students during their enrollment at UTHSC. OSAES houses the offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Life and the One Stop Shop.
- Campus Recreation
For more information on the student services that have been listed, go to http://catalog.uthsc.edu/content.php?catoid=8&navoid=631.
For questions, concerns or comments?
firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-448-1218
Karen Shader, PhD
Zelphia Brown, EdD
Digital Media Specialist
Administrative Specialist III