UTHSC Teaching and Learning Center
TENNESSEE HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION (THEC) GRANT
Building Capacity for Quality Online, Distance, and Hybrid/Blended Courses/Programs
We are excited to announce that the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC), a center dedicated to supporting UTHSC faculty in their efforts to expand and strengthen their use of teaching techniques and technologies, received $25,000 from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
With this generous support, the TLC will initiate a focused quality effort to:
- establish national recognition of selected online courses and faculty in each academic program at UTHSC that delivers all or part of its courses via online, distance, and/or hybrid/blended mechanisms
- establish national program certification in course design and teaching for two online programs
- prepare a core group of faculty members to serve as Peer Reviewers
- prepare instructional designers to serve as QM Master Reviewers
- prepare faculty for self-review of courses via professional development in best practices for teaching online and deploying online courses
- to value, build, and support the quality online programs at UTHSC
Our goal is to build our capacity within the institution and enhance UTHSC’s reputation for delivering high quality online, distance, and hybrid/blended courses/programs.
For questions, concerns or comments?
email@example.com or 901-448-1218
Karen Shader, PhD
Zelphia Brown, EdD
Digital Media Specialist
Administrative Specialist III