Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser is a secure browser for taking tests in Blackboard. It allows students to take tests in Blackboard, in a controlled environment. When students use LockDown Browser, they are unable to print, copy, go to another website/URL, or access other software programs.
Downloading the LockDown Browser For Students
Please check the system requirements before installing from the instructions below.
- Login to Blackboard
- Click on the Courses Tab and under the Course Search type in Respondus and click Go.
- On the results page, click on the chevron next to Respondus on the left hand side of the page and select Enroll
- Once enrolled, the course Respondus - Campus License 2015-2016 should be listed under your list of courses, click on it to open it.
- Inside the Respondus course, click on Course Documents.
- Click on LockDown Browser Software and Documentation.
- Click on LockDown Browser Download Site (fourth link).
- Once on the download site, just follow the instructions on that page to download Respondus LockDown Browser.