Turning Technologies (Clickers)
You may have received an email from Turning Technologies in regards to upgrading to TurningPoint version 8.0.
The Teaching & Learning Center requests at this time that you do not upgrade to this new version. We are still testing version 8.0 and have not yet updated the classroom podia. We will provide the UTHSC community with the appropriate information once we determine the schedule to update the classrooms on campus.
- TurningPoint Cloud (the current version UTHSC is using) is version 7.
- Turning Technologies has decided to drop the name “Cloud” in version 8.0.
- Moving forward the software will simply be known as TurningPoint.
- Presentations created or updated with version 8.0 will not open in 7.
- There will be no action required from the students. The clickers and licenses will not be affected even when the upgrade eventually takes place.
If you upgraded to the new version, please contact Keedra Smith, email@example.com, at your earliest convenience.
Turning Technologies is the official audience response vendor for UTHSC. TurningPoint audience response system by Turning Technologies integrates 100% into Microsoft PowerPoint and allows audiences and students to participate in presentations or lectures by submitting responses to interactive questions using Clickers and ResponseWare.
Using a TurningPoint audience response system, your PowerPoint presentations become powerful data collection and assessment tools that collect real-time audience responses and dramatically improve productivity and results for your business or educational organization. Author, deliver, assess and report without ever leaving PowerPoint.
- Engage participants
- Assess learning
- Gather data
- Enhance presentations
Getting Ready for the New Term
- Login to your TurningAccount to check that your license has not expired
- You can reuse your current clicker