UTHSC Teaching & Learning Center
The Teaching & Learning Center was established within the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic, Faculty, and Student Affairs (AFSA).
Develop outstanding health care and research professionals by promoting, empowering and recognizing excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
The Teaching and Learning Center is recognized as the “go-to place” for:
- Developing outstanding faculty
- Creating and supporting a community of practice for outstanding teaching and learning
- Developing and implementing innovative models of teaching and learning excellence
- Fostering a culture of teaching and learning excellence and innovation across UTHSC
TENNESSEE HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION (THEC) GRANT
Building Capacity for Quality Online, Distance, and Hybrid/Blended Courses/Programs
We are excited to announce that the Teaching & Learning Center (TLC), a center dedicated to supporting UTHSC faculty in their efforts to expand and strengthen their use of teaching techniques and technologies, received $25,000 from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
With this generous support, the TLC will initiate a focused quality effort to…
- establish national recognition of selected online courses and faculty in each academic program at UTHSC that delivers all or part of its courses via online, distance, and/or hybrid/blended mechanisms
- establish national program certification in course design and teaching for two online programs
- prepare a core group of faculty members to serve as Peer Reviewers
- prepare instructional designers to serve as QM Master Reviewers
- prepare faculty for self-review of courses via professional development in best practices for teaching online and deploying online courses
- to value, build, and support the quality online programs at UTHSC
Our goal is to build our capacity within the institution and enhance UTHSC’s reputation for delivering high quality online, distance, and hybrid/blended courses/programs.
For questions, concerns or comments?
firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-448-1218
Karen Shader, PhD
Zelphia Brown, EdD
Digital Media Specialist
Administrative Specialist III