Mobile Users Group
About the MUG
The UTHSC Mobile Users Group (the MUG) is a group of faculty, staff, and students who are interested in learning more about and maximizing the use of mobile devices on our campus. We typically meet on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 12-1pm in a convenient campus location.
Subscribe to the MUG Listserv
We have a listserv for communicating between meetings. It's low traffic and will be focused on mobile devices. If you wish to subscribe, go to http://listserv.uthsc.edu/mailman/listinfo/mug where you can fill out a form to request to have your name placed on the listserv.
Resources of Interest
Notes from (some of our) Prior Meetings
- March 2013: Task Management Apps and Apps that Can Be Used in Teaching and Learning
- February 2013: Using Mobile Devices to Increase Productivity
- January 2013: National Library of Medicine’s gallery of mobile apps and sites
- November 2012
- October 2012: Top Ten Ways to Secure Mobile Devices slides
- August 2012: Meeting with Apple Reps
- January 2012: Student panel on the use of mobile devices in education
- September 2011: Webinar on UC Irvine's iPad Initiative - Notes
- April 2011