Li, Wei Ph.D.
Faculty Director of Shared Instrument Facility
327 Johnson Building
- Ph.D., Columbia University in the City of New York, Chemistry
- Leave for US before graduating, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chemical Physics
- B.S., University of Science & Technology of China, Chemical Physics
BS, Chemistry, Univ. of Sci. & Technol. of China, 1992
PhD, Chemistry, Columbia University, 1999
- 1992-1994 Graduate Research Assistant, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 1994 - 1999 Graduate Research Assistant, Columbia University in the City of New York
- 1999 - 2001 Instructor and Director of Instrument Facility, University of Tennessee HSC (UTHSC)
- 2001 - 2004 Assistant Professor and Director of NMR Facility, UTHSC
- 2004 - 2009 Assistant Professor (tenure-track) and Director of NMR Facility, UTHSC
- 2009-present Associate Professor (tenured) and Director of NMR Facility, UTHSC
The research in our lab is highly multi-disciplinary and often involves collaboration with other labs. Currently research in our group broadly focuses on the following three areas:
- Slominski, AT, Kim, TK, Shehabi, HZ, Tang, EK, Benson, HA, Semak, I, Lin, Z, Yates, CR, Wang, J, Li, W, Tuckey, RC. In vivo production of novel vitamin D2 hydroxy-derivatives by human placentas, epidermal keratinocytes, Caco-2 colon cells and the adrenal gland. Mol Cell Endocrinol, 383 (1-2), 181-92, 2014.
- Wang, J, Chen, J, Miller, DD, Li, W. Synergistic combination of novel tubulin inhibitor ABI-274 and vemurafenib overcome vemurafenib acquired resistance in BRAFV600E melanoma. Mol Cancer Ther, 13 (1), 16-26, 2014.
- Slominski, AT, Zmijewski, MA, Semak, I, Zbytek, B, Pisarchik, A, Li, W, Zjawiony, J, Tuckey, RC. Cytochromes p450 and skin cancer: role of local endocrine pathways. Anticancer Agents Med Chem, 14 (1), 77-96, 2014.
- Slominski, AT, Kim, TK, Li, W, Yi, AK, Postlethwaite, A, Tuckey, RC. The role of CYP11A1 in the production of vitamin D metabolites and their role in the regulation of epidermal functions. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 2013.
- Slominski, A, Zbytek, B, Nikolakis, G, Manna, PR, Skobowiat, C, Zmijewski, M, Li, W, Janjetovic, Z, Postlethwaite, A, Zouboulis, CC, Tuckey, RC. Steroidogenesis in the skin: implications for local immune functions. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol, 137, 107-23, 2013.
- Kim, TK, Kleszczynski, K, Janjetovic, Z, Sweatman, T, Lin, Z, Li, W, Reiter, RJ, Fischer, TW, Slominski, AT. Metabolism of melatonin and biological activity of intermediates of melatoninergic pathway in human skin cells. FASEB J, 27 (7), 2742-55, 2013.
- Xiao, M, Ahn, S, Wang, J, Chen, J, Miller, DD, Dalton, JT, Li, W. Discovery of 4-Aryl-2-benzoyl-imidazoles as tubulin polymerization inhibitor with potent antiproliferative properties. J Med Chem, 56 (8), 3318-29, 2013.
- Slominski, A, Janjetovic, Z, Tuckey, RC, Nguyen, MN, Bhattacharya, KG, Wang, J, Li, W, Jiao, Y, Gu, W, Brown, M, Postlethwaite, AE. 20S-hydroxyvitamin D3, noncalcemic product of CYP11A1 action on vitamin D3, exhibits potent antifibrogenic activity in vivo. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 98 (2), E298-303, 2013.
- Chen, J, Slominski, AT, Miller, DD, Li, W. Effects of sidechain length and composition on the kinetic conversion and product distribution of vitamin D analogs determined by real-time NMR. Dermatoendocrinol, 5 (1), 142-9, 2013.
- Slominski, A, Kim, TK, Zmijewski, MA, Janjetovic, Z, Li, W, Chen, J, Kusniatsova, EI, Semak, I, Postlethwaite, A, Miller, DD, Zjawiony, JK, Tuckey, RC. Novel vitamin D photoproducts and their precursors in the skin. Dermatoendocrinol, 5 (1), 7-19, 2013.
- Mundra, V, Lu, Y, Danquah, M, Li, W, Miller, DD, Mahato, RI. Formulation and characterization of polyester/polycarbonate nanoparticles for delivery of a novel microtubule destabilizing agent. Pharm Res, 29 (11), 3064-74, 2012.
- Slominski, AT, Kim, TK, Chen, J, Nguyen, MN, Li, W, Yates, CR, Sweatman, T, Janjetovic, Z, Tuckey, RC. Cytochrome P450scc-dependent metabolism of 7-dehydrocholesterol in placenta and epidermal keratinocytes. Int J Biochem Cell Biol, 44 (11), 2003-18, 2012.
- Lu, Y, Chen, J, Xiao, M, Li, W, Miller, DD. An overview of tubulin inhibitors that interact with the colchicine binding site. Pharm Res, 29 (11), 2943-71, 2012.
- Wang, Z, Chen, J, Wang, J, Ahn, S, Li, CM, Lu, Y, Loveless, VS, Dalton, JT, Miller, DD, Li, W. Novel tubulin polymerization inhibitors overcome multidrug resistance and reduce melanoma lung metastasis. Pharm Res, 29 (11), 3040-52, 2012.
- Li, CM, Lu, Y, Chen, J, Costello, TA, Narayanan, R, Dalton, MN, Snyder, LM, Ahn, S, Li, W, Miller, DD, Dalton, JT. Orally bioavailable tubulin antagonists for paclitaxel-refractory cancer. Pharm Res, 29 (11), 3053-63, 2012.
- Bukiya, AN, Patil, SA, Li, W, Miller, DD, Dopico, AM. Calcium- and voltage-gated potassium (BK) channel activators in the 5β-cholanic acid-3α-ol analogue series with modifications in the lateral chain. ChemMedChem, 7 (10), 1784-92, 2012.
- Slominski, AT, Kim, TK, Shehabi, HZ, Semak, I, Tang, EK, Nguyen, MN, Benson, HA, Korik, E, Janjetovic, Z, Chen, J, Yates, CR, Postlethwaite, A, Li, W, Tuckey, RC. In vivo evidence for a novel pathway of vitamin D₃ metabolism initiated by P450scc and modified by CYP27B1. FASEB J, 26 (9), 3901-15, 2012.
- Kim, TK, Wang, J, Janjetovic, Z, Chen, J, Tuckey, RC, Nguyen, MN, Tang, EK, Miller, D, Li, W, Slominski, AT. Correlation between secosteroid-induced vitamin D receptor activity in melanoma cells and computer-modeled receptor binding strength. Mol Cell Endocrinol, 361 (1-2), 143-52, 2012.
- Chen, J, Ahn, S, Wang, J, Lu, Y, Dalton, JT, Miller, DD, Li, W. Discovery of novel 2-aryl-4-benzoyl-imidazole (ABI-III) analogues targeting tubulin polymerization as antiproliferative agents. J Med Chem, 55 (16), 7285-9, 2012.
- Patil, SA, Wang, J, Li, XS, Chen, J, Jones, TS, Hosni-Ahmed, A, Patil, R, Seibel, WL, Li, W, Miller, DD. New substituted 4H-chromenes as anticancer agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett, 22 (13), 4458-61, 2012.