TIFFANY N. SEAGROVES, Ph.D.
Director, Gerwin Small Animal Imaging Center, CRB
Track Head, Cancer and Developmental Biology track, IBS program
Rm 262 Cancer Research Building
19 South Manassas
Memphis Tn 381033403
- , San Diego State University, Food and Drug Law; Marketing, MBA
- PostDoc, University of California, San Diego, CA, Cell & Cancer Biology
- Ph.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, Cell & Molecular Biology
- B.S., University of North Carolina, Chaaapel Hill, NC, Biology
Understanding the role of transcription factors in normal mammary gland development and in transgenic mouse models of breast cancer, particularly the oxygen-sensitive Hypoxia-Inducible Factor (HIF)-1alpha protein. Our laboratory focuses on primary cell culture, culture of cells on extracellular matrix substrata, DNA/RNA/protein extraction from normal mammary gland or mammary tumors, real-time PCR, immunohistochemistry and adenoviral/lentiviral transduction.
breast cancer, hypoxia, HIF-1alpha, von Hippel-Lindau, tumorigenesis, metastasis, transcription factor, gene expression
Area of teaching/subject
IPBS Program, Organ and Systems Biology, Pathology block leader
Co-Cancer and Developmental Biology Track Head, new IBS program
- Seagroves, TN, Peacock, DL, Liao, D, Schwab, LP, Krueger, R, Handorf, CR, Haase, VH, Johnson, RS. VHL deletion impairs mammary alveologenesis but is not sufficient for mammary tumorigenesis. Am J Pathol, 176 (5), 2269-82, 2010.
- Doronkin, S, Djagaeva, I, Nagle, ME, Reiter, LT, Seagroves, TN. Dose-dependent modulation of HIF-1alpha/sima controls the rate of cell migration and invasion in Drosophila ovary border cells. Oncogene, 29 (8), 1123-34, 2010.
- Golipour, A., Myers, D., Seagroves, T., Murphy, D., Evan, G., Donoghue, D.J., Moorehead, R.A., Porter, L.A. Moorehead, R. and L. Porter. The Spy1/RINGO Family Represents a Novel Mechanism Regulating Mammary Growth and Tumorigenesis. Cancer Research, 10 (68), 3591-3600, 2008.
- Liao, D, Corle, C, Seagroves, TN, Johnson, RS. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha is a key regulator of metastasis in a transgenic model of cancer initiation and progression. Cancer Res, 67 (2), 563-72, 2007.
- Reiter, LT, Seagroves, TN, Bowers, M, Bier, E. Expression of the Rho-GEF Pbl/ECT2 is regulated by the UBE3A E3 ubiquitin ligase. Hum Mol Genet, 15 (18), 2825-35, 2006.
- Seagroves, TN, Hadsell, D, McManaman, J, Palmer, C, Liao, D, McNulty, W, Welm, B, Wagner, KU, Neville, M, Johnson, RS. HIF1alpha is a critical regulator of secretory differentiation and activation, but not vascular expansion, in the mouse mammary gland. Development, 130 (8), 1713-24, 2003.
- Grimm, SL, Seagroves, TN, Kabotyanski, EB, Hovey, RC, Vonderhaar, BK, Lydon, JP, Miyoshi, K, Hennighausen, L, Ormandy, CJ, Lee, AV, Stull, MA, Wood, TL, Rosen, JM. Disruption of steroid and prolactin receptor patterning in the mammary gland correlates with a block in lobuloalveolar development. Mol Endocrinol, 16 (12), 2675-91, 2002.
- Cao, Y, Bonizzi, G, Seagroves, TN, Greten, FR, Johnson, R, Schmidt, EV, Karin, M. IKKalpha provides an essential link between RANK signaling and cyclin D1 expression during mammary gland development. Cell, 107 (6), 763-75, 2001.
- Seagroves, TN, Ryan, HE, Lu, H, Wouters, BG, Knapp, M, Thibault, P, Laderoute, K, Johnson, RS. Transcription factor HIF-1 is a necessary mediator of the pasteur effect in mammalian cells. Mol Cell Biol, 21 (10), 3436-44, 2001.
- Seagroves, TN, Lydon, JP, Hovey, RC, Vonderhaar, BK, Rosen, JM. C/EBPbeta (CCAAT/enhancer binding protein) controls cell fate determination during mammary gland development. Mol Endocrinol, 14 (3), 359-68, 2000.
- Seagroves, TN, Krnacik, S, Raught, B, Gay, J, Burgess-Beusse, B, Darlington, GJ, Rosen, JM. C/EBPbeta, but not C/EBPalpha, is essential for ductal morphogenesis, lobuloalveolar proliferation, and functional differentiation in the mouse mammary gland. Genes Dev, 12 (12), 1917-28, 1998.