Shannon W. Finks, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS (AQ Cardiology)
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
459 PHARMACY BUILDING
881 MADISON AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 38163
- Pharm.D., University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy, Pharmacy
Download My Latest Curriculum Vitae
Clinical Care Specialty/Interest
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Cardiology
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee
American Heart Association Instructor Status
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor
Certified by the American Heart Association, 2001 to present
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
Certified by the American Heart Association, 1999 to present
American Heart Association Healthcare Instructor
Certified by the American Heart Association, 2007 to present
American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
Certified by the American Heart Association, 1997 to present
Honors and Awards
University of Tennessee Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award, 2012
Most Influential Professor Award, given by the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy Class of 2012, 2010
National Faculty for the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Pharmacotherapy Prep Course, Last Chance Webinars, and Updates to the Updates series in Cardiology
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
Certified by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties in 2000
Recertification in 2007 and 2014
Added Qualifications in Cardiology (AQ Cardiology)
Granted by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties in 2006
Credentials renewed and granted in 2013
Cardiovascular pharmacology, antiplatelets, anticoagulants, hypertension, primary prevention, acute coronary syndrome, heart failure, integrated examination
- Phelps, SJ, McDonough, SK, Parker, RB, Finks, SW. Throwing a curveball: the impact of instructor decisions regarding poorly performing test questions. Am J Pharm Educ, 77 (9), 204, 2013.
- Norman, JL, Holmes, WL, Bell, WA, Finks, SW. Life-threatening ACE inhibitor-induced angioedema after eleven years on lisinopril. J Pharm Pract, 26 (4), 382-8, 2013.
- Dobesh, PP, Trujillo, TC, Finks, SW. Role of the pharmacist in achieving performance measures to improve the prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolism. Pharmacotherapy, 33 (6), 650-64, 2013.
- Rogers, KC, Wallace, JP, Foster, SL, Finks, SW. Annual influenza vaccination: offering protection beyond infection. South Med J, 105 (7), 379-86, 2012.
- Rogers, KC, Faircloth, JM, Finks, SW. Use of cilostazol in percutaneous coronary interventions. Ann Pharmacother, 46 (6), 839-50, 2012.
- Finks, SW, Airee, A, Chow, SL, Macaulay, TE, Moranville, MP, Rogers, KC, Trujillo, TC. Key articles of dietary interventions that influence cardiovascular mortality. Pharmacotherapy, 32 (4), e54-87, 2012.
- Finks, SW, Rogers, KC, Manguso, AH. Assessment of sotalol prescribing in a community hospital: opportunities for clinical pharmacist involvement. Int J Pharm Pract, 19 (4), 281-6, 2011.
- Goddard, KB, Eppert, HD, Underwood, EL, McLean, KM, Finks, SW, Rogers, KC. Basic life support and cardiopulmonary resuscitation training for pharmacy students and the community by a pharmacy student committee. Am J Pharm Educ, 74 (6), 100, 2010.
- Finks, SW, Oliphant, CS, Manguso, AH, Rogers, KC, Bridges, G, Haidar, CE, Lee, KR, Lee, M, Lobo, B, May, AM, Reaves, A, Swanson, JM, Swims, M, Vinson, J, Yates, ME. Activities of Memphis-area hospitals to meet National Patient Safety Goals for warfarin therapy. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 66 (24), 2179-88, 2009.
- Rogers, KC, Finks, SW. Job sharing for women pharmacists in academia. Am J Pharm Educ, 73 (7), 135, 2009.
- Czosnowski, QA, Finks, SW, Rogers, KC. Bivalirudin for patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia undergoing cardiovascular surgery. Ann Pharmacother, 42 (9), 1304-9, 2008.
- Airee, A, Draper, HM, Finks, SW. Aspirin resistance: disparities and clinical implications. Pharmacotherapy, 28 (8), 999-1018, 2008.
- Finks, SW. Re-examining the cardiovascular therapeutic benefits of aspirin. South Med J, 101 (7), 679-80, 2008.
- Finks, SW, Rogers, KC. Job-sharing. Drs. Finks and Rogers interviewed by Kate Traynor, M.S., AJHP News writer. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 65 (1), 69-72, 2008.
- Finks, SW. Bivalirudin use in carotid endarterectomy in a patient with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Ann Pharmacother, 40 (2), 340-3, 2006.
- Finks, SW, Finks, AL, Self, TH. Hydralazine-induced lupus: maintaining vigilance with increased use in patients with heart failure. South Med J, 99 (1), 18-22, 2006.
- Willhite SL, Goebel SR, Scoggin JA. Raloxifene provides an alternative for osteoporosis prevention.. Ann of Pharmacother (32), 834-7, 1998.