Mulvany, Ruth, PT, DPT, MS
612 930 Madison Building
- D.P.T., University of Tennessee, Physical Therapy
- M.S., University of Memphis, Gerontology and Counseling
- B.S., University of Central Arkansas, Physical Therapy
Clinical care specialist/interest
Area of teaching/subject
Psychosocial Aspects of Physical Therapy
Age, exercise and rehabilitation
Introduction to Spanish for physical therapists
Health and wellness
1. Exercise programs for individuals with disability
2. The effects of rocker-bottom shoes on gait
3. Fitness and obesity levels in people with bleeding disorders
4. Comparison studies between subjects with hemophilia and matched healthy subjects
5. The effects of a Pilates exercise program
6. The effects of decompression and physical therapy on lumbar spinal stenosis
7. The effects of aquatic exercise
Hemophilia and Bleeding Disorders
- Mulvany R, Zucker-Levin A, Jeng M et al.. The effect of a 6-week exercise program for people with hemophilia.. Journal of the American Physical Therapy Association (accepted), 2010.
- Mulvany R, Zeno M. Current concepts of physical therapy management of dementia. American Physical Therapy Association Home Study Course, 13.1.6, 1-28, 2003.
- Mulvany R, Dahlgren H, Funk S, et al. Outcomes measures in physical therapy. Haemophilia, 8, 2002.
- Mulvany R, Jeng M, Tuller J, Joyce C, Dugdale M. The effects of an individualized exercise program on gait, range of motion and functional activities of daily living in people with hemophilia, ages 7-60. Haemophilia, 8, 4, 2002.
- Mulvany R, Likens C,. Cost Analysis of Seating Systems. The Health Care Supervisor, 17, 17-26, 1998.
- Mulvany RD. Adaptive Seating for Individuals with Scoliosis. Physical Therapy Practice, 33 (3), 175-195, 1994.
- Dunkel (Mulvany) RH, Trefler E. The sleek seat, a system of seating for severely handicapped children. Physical Therapy, 57, 524-526, 1977.
- Dunkel(Mulvany)RH. Survey of attitudes of Arkansas phpysicians and physical therapists toward the professional capacity of the physical therapist.. Physical Therapy, 54, 584-587, 1974.