KRUKOWSKI, REBECCA A.
Doctors Office Building
- Other, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Other, Duke University Medical Center, Medical Psychology internship
- Ph.D., University of Vermont, Clinical Psychology
- B.A., DePauw University, Psychology, German
Behavioral weight control interventions; technology-based interventions; built food environment; gestational weight gain; self-monitoring; public health
- Beck, C, Fausett, JK, Krukowski, RA, Cornell, CE, Prewitt, TE, Lensing, S, Bursac, Z, Felix, HC, Love, S, McDougall, G, West, DS. A randomized trial of a community-based cognitive intervention for obese senior adults. J Aging Health, 25 (1), 97-118, 2013.
- Krukowski, RA, Lensing, S, Love, S, Prewitt, TE, Adams, B, Cornell, CE, Felix, HC, West, D. Training of Lay Health Educators to Implement an Evidence-based Behavioral Weight Loss Intervention in Rural Senior Centers. Gerontologist, 53 (1), 162-71, 2013.
- Krukowski, RA, McSweeney, J, Sparks, C, West, DS. Qualitative study of influences on food store choice. Appetite, 59 (2), 510-516, 2012.
- Krukowski, RA, Harvey-Berino, J, Bursac, Z, Ashikaga, T, West, DS. Patterns of Success: Online Self-Monitoring in a Web-Based Behavioral Weight Control Program. Health Psychol, 2012.
- Cox, TL, Krukowski, R, Love, SJ, Eddings, K, Dicarlo, M, Chang, JY, Prewitt, TE, West, DS. Stress Management-Augmented Behavioral Weight Loss Intervention for African American Women: A Pilot, Randomized Controlled Trial. Health Educ Behav, 2012.
- Felix, HC, Adams, B, Fausett, JK, Krukowski, RA, Prewitt, TE, West, DS. Calculating reach of evidence-based weight loss and memory improvement interventions among older adults attending Arkansas senior centers, 2008-2011. Prev Chronic Dis, 9, E63, 2012.
- Otten, JJ, Hekler, EB, Krukowski, RA, Buman, MP, Saelens, BE, Gardner, CD, King, AC. Food marketing to children through toys: response of restaurants to the first U.S. toy ordinance. Am J Prev Med, 42 (1), 56-60, 2012.
- Harvey-Berino, J, Krukowski, RA, Buzzell, P, Ogden, D, Skelly, J, West, DS. The accuracy of weight reported in a web-based obesity treatment program. Telemed J E Health, 17 (9), 696-9, 2011.
- West, DS, Bursac, Z, Cornell, CE, Felix, HC, Fausett, JK, Krukowski, RA, Lensing, S, Love, SJ, Prewitt, TE, Beck, C. Lay health educators translate a weight-loss intervention in senior centers: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Prev Med, 41 (4), 385-91, 2011.
- West, DS, Harvey-Berino, J, Krukowski, RA, Skelly, JM. Pretreatment weight change is associated with obesity treatment outcomes. Obesity (Silver Spring), 19 (9), 1791-5, 2011.
- Krukowski, RA, Philyaw Perez, AG, Bursac, Z, Goodell, M, Raczynski, JM, Smith West, D, Phillips, MM. Development and evaluation of the school cafeteria nutrition assessment measures. J Sch Health, 81 (8), 431-6, 2011.
- Krukowski, RA, Tilford, JM, Harvey-Berino, J, West, DS. Comparing behavioral weight loss modalities: incremental cost-effectiveness of an internet-based versus an in-person condition. Obesity (Silver Spring), 19 (8), 1629-35, 2011.
- Krukowski, RA, Eddings, K, West, DS. The children's menu assessment: development, evaluation, and relevance of a tool for evaluating children's menus. J Am Diet Assoc, 111 (6), 884-8, 2011.
- Love, SJ, Sheffer, CE, Bursac, Z, Prewitt, TE, Krukowski, RA, West, DS. Offer of a weight management program to overweight and obese weight-concerned smokers improves tobacco dependence treatment outcomes. Am J Addict, 20 (1), 1-8, 2010.
- Harvey-Berino, J, West, D, Krukowski, R, Prewitt, E, VanBiervliet, A, Ashikaga, T, Skelly, J. Internet delivered behavioral obesity treatment. Prev Med, 51 (2), 123-8, 2010.
- Krukowski, RA, West, DS, Harvey-Berino, J, Elaine Prewitt, T. Neighborhood impact on healthy food availability and pricing in food stores. J Community Health, 35 (3), 315-20, 2010.
- Krukowski, RA, West, DS. Consideration of the food environment in cancer risk reduction. J Am Diet Assoc, 110 (6), 842-4, 2010.
- Krukowski, RA, Lueders, NK, Prewitt, TE, Williams, DK, West, DS. Obesity treatment tailored for a Catholic faith community: a feasibility study. J Health Psychol, 15 (3), 382-90, 2010.
- Krukowski, RA, Harvey-Berino, J, West, DS. Differences in home food availability of high- and low-fat foods after a behavioral weight control program are regional not racial. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act, 7, 69, 2010.
- Krukowski, RA, West, DS, Philyaw Perez, A, Bursac, Z, Phillips, MM, Raczynski, JM. Overweight children, weight-based teasing and academic performance. Int J Pediatr Obes, 4 (4), 274-80, 2009.
- Krukowski, RA, West, DS. Response to the article, &quot;The risks of a quick fix: a case against mandatory body mass index reporting laws&quot;. Eat Disord, 17 (2), 103-6; author reply 107-8, 2009.
- Krukowski, RA, West, DS, Harvey-Berino, J. Recent advances in internet-delivered, evidence-based weight control programs for adults. J Diabetes Sci Technol, 3 (1), 184-9, 2009.