Rebecca Finley Chhim, Pharm.D., BCPS
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
233 Pharmacy Building
881 Madison Avenue
Memphis Tn 38163
- None, University of Tennessee and Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, PGY2 Pharmacy Residency (Pediatric Critical Care)
- None, University of Tennessee and Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (Pediatrics)
- Pharm.D., University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy, Pharmacy
Clinical Care Specialty/Interest
Antimicrobial Stewardship and Pediatric Infectious Diseases
ethanol lock therapy
Most of my research and scholarly activity involves practice-based research through assessment and validation of clinical observations in the pediatric setting. In July 2014, I will be joining the antimicrobial stewardship team at Le Bonheur Children''s Hospital and will be involved in research initiatives related to stewardship and pediatric infectious diseases. I am also currently the primary investigator for a pilot dose escalation safety study assessing the use of ethanol lock therapy in neonates and infants at Le Bonheur Children''s Hospital.
Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Catheter Lock Therapy
- Alford, EL, Chhim, RF, Crill, CM, Hastings, MC, Ault, BH, Shelton, CM. Glomerular filtration rate equations do not accurately predict vancomycin trough concentrations in pediatric patients. Ann Pharmacother, 48 (6), 691-6, 2014.
- Chhim, RF, Shelton, CM, Christensen, ML. Recent new drug approvals, part 2: drugs undergoing active clinical studies in children. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 18 (1), 14-38, 2013.
- Rebecca F. Chhim, Sandra R. Arnold, and Kelley R. Lee. Vancomycin Dosing Practices, Trough Concentrations, and Clinical Outcomes in Pediatric Patients with Invasive Staphylococcal Infections. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, 2 (3), 259-262, 2013.
- Shelton, CM, Chhim, RF, Christensen, ML. Recent new drug approvals. Part 1: drugs with pediatric indications. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 17 (4), 329-39, 2012.