NHU QUYNH T. TRAN, Ph.D., M.S.
Department of Preventive Medicine
STE 633 DOCTORS OFFICE BUILDING
66 NORTH PAULINE STREET
MEMPHIS TN 381630000
- Ph.D., The University of Memphis, Memphis, Biology
- M.S., The University of Memphis, Memphis, Bioinformatics
- M.S., The University of Memphis, Memphis, Statistics
- B.S., Stony Brook University, NY, Computer Science and Applied Mathematics & Statistics
My Current CV
Dr. Tran has extensive experience working on large-scale biological datasets such as microarray and RNA-seq. She has served as a bioinformatician and biostatistician on many studies including TARGIT (Treating Adults at Risk for weight Gain with Interactive Technology) and CANDLE (Conditions Affecting Neurocognitive Development and Learning in Early Childhood). Dr. Tran is interested in translational research in obesity and NAFLD. Other areas of research interest include data mining, statistical methods for large-scale epidemiologic data, bioinformatics applications and methods for NGS data.
Dr. Tran received an iRISE grant (https://irise.uthsc.edu/pilot-studies-funding/recent-awards/) of $75,000 for up to one year to identify genetic mutations and clinical risk factors associated with recurrent non-alcholoic steatohepatitis (NASH) in patients undergoing liver transplantation. A liver transplant (LT) is the only treatment for advanced NASH, a condition associated with obesity and insulin resistance. These conditions are reaching epidemic proportions in our local population. Idenidentifying clinical risk factors and genetic mutations in the recipients and/or donors that predispose LT recipients to NASH recurrence will contribute to the understanding of the pathopysiological mechanism of the recurrent disease post-LT.
Bioinformatics, gene expression, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, NAFLD, obesity, genotyping
- Olmos, SR, Garcia-Godoy, F., Hottel, T., Tran, QT. Headache and Jaw Locking Comorbidity with Sleep-Related Fatigue. American Journal of Dentistry.
- Coday, M, Richey, P, Thomas, F, Tran, QT, Terrell, SB, Tylavsky, F, Miro, D, Caufield, M, Johnson, KC. The Recruitment Experience of a Randomized Clinical Trial to Aid Young Adult Smokers to Stop Smoking without Weight Gain with Interactive Technology. Contemp Clin Trials Commun, 2, 61-68, 2016.
- Hochberg, I, Tran, QT, Barkan, AL, Saltiel, AR, Chandler, WF, Bridges, D. Gene Expression Signature in Adipose Tissue of Acromegaly Patients. PLoS One, 10 (6), e0129359, 2015.
- Urraca, N, Memon, R, El-Iyachi, I, Goorha, S, Valdez, C, Tran, QT, Scroggs, R, Miranda-Carboni, GA, Donaldson, M, Bridges, D, Reiter, LT. Characterization of neurons from immortalized dental pulp stem cells for the study of neurogenetic disorders. Stem Cell Res, 15 (3), 722-30, 2015.
- Hochberg, I, Harvey, I, Tran, QT, Stephenson, EJ, Barkan, AL, Saltiel, A, Chandler, WF, Bridges, D. Gene expression changes in subcutaneous adipose tissue due to Cushing's disease. J Mol Endocrinol, 2015.
- Philip, R, Alpert, BS, Schwingshackl, A, Huang, X, Blakely, D, Rovnaghi, CR, Tran, QT, Velasquez, A, Arevalo, A, Anand, KJ. Inverse Relationship between Cardio-Ankle Vascular Index and Body Mass Index in Healthy Children. J Pediatr, 2015.
- Tran, QT, Lieberman, JA. Allergy immunotherapy: target for primary prevention of atopy. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol, 114 (3), 162-3, 2015.
- Yu Z, Gauthier P, Tran QT, El-Ayachi I, Bhatti F, Bahabri R, Al-Habib M, and Huang GT. Differential Properties of Human ALP+ Periodontal Ligament Stem Cells vs Their ALP- Counterparts. J Stem Cell Res There, 5:7, 2015.
- Yin J, Winborn CS, Thomas F, Tran QT, Lang JC, Chaum E. Modulation of Oxidative Stress Responses by Vitamin E, or Vitamin A plus Vitamin C Treatment in Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells. Natural Science, 7, 558-570, 2015.
- Fowler, BT, Pegram, TA, Cutler-Peck, C, Kosko, M, Tran, QT, Fleming, JC, Oester, AE. Contrast Sensitivity Testing in Functional Ptosis and Dermatochalasis Surgery. Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg, 2014.
- Palmer, FB, Anand, KJ, Graff, JC, Murphy, LE, Qu, Y, VÃ¶lgyi, E, Rovnaghi, CR, Moore, A, Tran, QT, Tylavsky, FA. Early adversity, socioemotional development, and stress in urban 1-year-old children. J Pediatr, 163 (6), 1733-1739.e1, 2013.
- Kennedy, LH, Sutter, CH, Leon Carrion, S, Tran, QT, Bodreddigari, S, Kensicki, E, Mohney, RP, Sutter, TR. 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-mediated Production of Reactive Oxygen Species is an Essential Step in the Mechanism of Action to Accelerate Human Keratinocyte Differentiation. Toxicol Sci, 2012.
- Tran, QT, Kennedy, LH, Leon Carrion, S, Bodreddigari, S, Goodwin, SB, Sutter, CH, Sutter, TR. EGFR regulation of epidermal barrier function. Physiol Genomics, 44 (8), 455-69, 2012.
- Ouyang, X, Tran, QT, Goodwin, S, Wible, RS, Sutter, CH, Sutter, TR. Yap1 activation by H2O2 or thiol-reactive chemicals elicits distinct adaptive gene responses. Free Radic Biol Med, 50 (1), 1-13, 2011.
- Yates, MS, Tran, QT, Dolan, PM, Osburn, WO, Shin, S, McCulloch, CC, Silkworth, JB, Taguchi, K, Yamamoto, M, Williams, CR, Liby, KT, Sporn, MB, Sutter, TR, Kensler, TW. Genetic versus chemoprotective activation of Nrf2 signaling: overlapping yet distinct gene expression profiles between Keap1 knockout and triterpenoid-treated mice. Carcinogenesis, 30 (6), 1024-31, 2009.
- Tran, QT, Xu, L, Phan, V, Goodwin, SB, Rahman, M, Jin, VX, Sutter, CH, Roebuck, BD, Kensler, TW, George, EO, Sutter, TR. Chemical genomics of cancer chemopreventive dithiolethiones. Carcinogenesis, 30 (3), 480-6, 2009.
- Phan, V, Olusegun George, E, Tran, QT, Goodwin, S, Bodreddigari, S, Sutter, TR. Analyzing microarray data with transitive directed acyclic graphs. J Bioinform Comput Biol, 7 (1), 135-56, 2009.
- Rahman, M, Lax, SF, Sutter, CH, Tran, QT, Stevens, GL, Emmert, GL, Russo, J, Santen, RJ, Sutter, TR. CYP1B1 is not a major determinant of the disposition of aromatase inhibitors in epithelial cells of invasive ductal carcinoma. Drug Metab Dispos, 36 (5), 963-70, 2008.