PHYLLIS A RICHEY, Ph.D., M.S., B.S.Ed.
633 DOCTORS OFFICE BUILDING
66 NORTH PAULINE STREET
MEMPHIS TN 381630000
My Current CV
Most recent grant award: The VALOR Study - $1.5 from the Department of Defense
Exercise Physiology (specializations in adult and pediatric cardiovascular physiology; utilizing innovative technologies for the delivery and assessment of healthy lifestyle interventions across the lifespan). Physical activity. Mobility. Community health interventions for the prevention and treatment of obesity and metabolic syndrome. Accelerometry. Clinical trials and community-based participatory research. Investigation of precursors for hypertension-induced target organ damage. Clinical and community research informatics.
- Little, MA, Derefinko, KJ, Colvin, L, Ebbert, JO, Bursac, Z, Talcott, GW, Richey, PA, Klesges, RC. The Prevalence of E-cigarette Use in a Sample of U.S. Air Force Recruits. Am J Prev Med, 49 (3), 402-8, 2015.
- Klesges, RC, Ebbert, JO, Talcott, GW, Thomas, F, Richey, PA, Womack, C, Hryshko-Mullen, A, Oh, J. Efficacy of a Tobacco Quitline in Active Duty Military and TRICARE Beneficiaries: A Randomized Trial. Mil Med, 180 (8), 917-25, 2015.
- Lange-Maia, BS, Strotmeyer, ES, Harris, TB, Glynn, NW, Simonsick, EM, Brach, JS, Cauley, JA, Richey, PA, Schwartz, AV, Newman, AB, ,. Physical Activity and Change in Long Distance Corridor Walk Performance in the Health, Aging, and Body Composition Study. J Am Geriatr Soc, 63 (7), 1348-54, 2015.
- Little, MA, Derefinko, KJ, Bursac, Z, Ebbert, JO, Colvin, L, Talcott, GW, Hryshko-Mullen, AS, Richey, PA, Klesges, RC. Prevalence and Correlates of Tobacco and Nicotine Containing Product Use in a Sample of United States Air Force Trainees. Nicotine Tob Res, 2015.
- Krukowski, RA, Hare, ME, Talcott, GW, Johnson, KC, Richey, PA, Kocak, M, Balderas, J, Colvin, L, Keller, PL, Waters, TM, Klesges, RC. Dissemination of the Look AHEAD intensive lifestyle intervention in the United States Air Force: study rationale, design and methods. Contemp Clin Trials, 40, 232-9, 2015.
- Brandon, TH, Klesges, RC, Ebbert, JO, Talcott, GW, Thomas, F, Leroy, K, Richey, PA, Colvin, L. Preventing smoking initiation or relapse following 8.5 weeks of involuntary smoking abstinence in basic military training: trial design, interventions, and baseline data. Contemp Clin Trials, 38 (1), 28-36, 2014.
- Manley D, Cowan P, Graff C, Perlow M, Rice P, Richey P, Sanchez Z.. Self Efficacy, Physical Activity, and Aerobic Fitness in Middle School Children: Examination of a Pedometer Intervention Program.. J Pediatr Nurs., 2013.
- Williams, NA, Fournier, J, Coday, M, Richey, PA, Tylavsky, FA, Hare, ME. Body esteem, peer difficulties and perceptions of physical health in overweight and obese urban children aged 5 to 7 years. Child Care Health Dev, 2012.
- Irwin, C, Irwin, R, Richey, P, Miller, M, Boddie, J, Dickerson, T. Get fit with the grizzlies: a community-school-home initiative to fight childhood obesity led by a professional sports organization. Stud Health Technol Inform, 172, 163-7, 2012.
- Hare, ME, Coday, M, Williams, NA, Richey, PA, Tylavsky, FA, Bush, AJ. Methods and baseline characteristics of a randomized trial treating early childhood obesity: the Positive Lifestyles for Active Youngsters (Team PLAY) trial. Contemp Clin Trials, 33 (3), 534-49, 2012.
- Richey, PA, Klesges, RC, Talcott, GW, Debon, M, Womack, C, Thomas, F, Hryshko-Mullen, A. Efficacy of a smoking quit line in the military: Baseline design and analysis. Contemp Clin Trials, 2012.
- Shea, PF, Richey, PA, Wan, JY, Stevens, SR. Hearing results and quality of life after streptomycin/dexamethasone perfusion for Meniere's disease. Laryngoscope, 122 (1), 204-11, 2012.
- Williams, NA, Coday, M, Somes, G, Tylavsky, FA, Richey, PA, Hare, M. Risk factors for poor attendance in a family-based pediatric obesity intervention program for young children. J Dev Behav Pediatr, 31 (9), 705-12, 2010.
- Irwin, CC, Irwin, RL, Miller, ME, Somes, GW, Richey, PA. Get Fit with the Grizzlies: a community-school-home initiative to fight childhood obesity. J Sch Health, 80 (7), 333-9, 2010.
- Richey, PA, Disessa, TG, Somes, GW, Alpert, BS, Jones, DP. Left ventricular geometry in children and adolescents with primary hypertension. Am J Hypertens, 23 (1), 24-9, 2010.
- Li, R, Richey, PA, DiSessa, TG, Alpert, BS, Jones, DP. Blood aldosterone-to-renin ratio, ambulatory blood pressure, and left ventricular mass in children. J Pediatr, 155 (2), 170-5, 2009.
- Jones, DP, Richey, PA, Alpert, BS. Comparison of ambulatory blood pressure reference standards in children evaluated for hypertension. Blood Press Monit, 14 (3), 103-7, 2009.
- Jones, DP, Richey, PA, Alpert, BS. Validation of the AM5600 ambulatory blood pressure monitor in children and adolescents. Blood Press Monit, 13 (6), 349-51, 2008.
- Jones, DP, Richey, PA, Alpert, BS, Li, R. Serum uric acid and ambulatory blood pressure in children with primary hypertension. Pediatr Res, 64 (5), 556-61, 2008.
- Richey, PA, Disessa, TG, Hastings, MC, Somes, GW, Alpert, BS, Jones, DP. Ambulatory blood pressure and increased left ventricular mass in children at risk for hypertension. J Pediatr, 152 (3), 343-8, 2008.
- Harshfield, GA, Barbeau, P, Richey, PA, Alpert, BS. Racial differences in the influence of body size on ambulatory blood pressure in youths. Blood Press Monit, 5 (2), 59-63, 2000.
- Richey, PA, Brown, SP. Pathological versus physiological left ventricular hypertrophy: a review. J Sports Sci, 16 (2), 129-41, 1998.
- Richey, PA, Jones, CL, Harshfield, GA, Somes, GW, Johnson, KC, Bailey, JE, Soberman, JE. The AM5600 ambulatory blood pressure recording system. Blood Press Monit, 2 (4), 193-195, 1997.
- Harshfield, GA, Koelsch, DW, Pulliam, DA, Alpert, BS, Richey, PA, Becker, JA. Racial differences in the age-related increase in left ventricular mass in youths. Hypertension, 24 (6), 747-51, 1994.
- Reed, CM, Richey, PA, Pulliam, DA, Somes, GW, Alpert, BS. Aortic dimensions in tall men and women. Am J Cardiol, 71 (7), 608-10, 1993.