490R LE BONHEUR RESEARCH CENTER
50 NORTH DUNLAP STREET
MEMPHIS TN 381032893
- PostDoc, University of Calgary, Statistics
- PostDoc, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Statistics
- Ph.D., Istanbul University, Quantitative Methods
- M.S., Mimar Sinan University, Statistics
- B.S., Istanbul University, Mathematics
Predictive Modeling, Data Mining, Neural Networks, Statistics, Classification, Prediction, Clustering
Predictive Modeling, Data Mining, Neural Networks, Statistics, Classification, Prediction, Clustering, Clinical Informatics, Clinical Decision Support Systems
- O. Akbilgic, J.A. Howe. Symbolic Pattern Recognition for Sequential Data. Sequential Analysis (In Review).
- M.R. Langham Jr, O. Akbilgic, E. Huang, T. Jones, A. Walter, R.L. Davis. A Simple Decision Support Tool for Surgery in Children Utilizing NSQIP-Pediatric Data. Presented at ACS NSQIP 2016 Conference, July 16-17, 2016, San Diego, CA..
- R Mahajan, T Viangteeravat, O Akbilgic. Boosting the performance of symbolic pattern recognition by feature selection: A case study on detecting cardiac abnormalities. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Conference, December 12-15, 2016, Dana point, CA.
- T. Viangteeravat, V.R. Nagisetty, O. Akbilgic, F. Sen, R. Mudunuri, O. Ajayi, R.L. Davis. Predicting risk of respiratory decompensation or death for hospitalized children with asthma or related conditions using machine learning techniques. Poster presentation at Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, April 30-May 3, 2016.
- O. Akbilgic, M.R. Langham, Jr, A.I. Walter, T. Jones, E.Y. Huang, R.L. Davis. Accurate Risk Classification for Death within30 Days Following Surgery in Children: Classification Trees Analysis of Risk Factors Utilizing National Surgical Quality Improvement Project-Pediatric Data (In Review). Surgery, 2016.
- O. Akbilgic, R.L. Davis. Searching for Fingerprints of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrialtion: A Symbolic Pattern Recognition Approach. Southern Regional Council On Statistics Summer Research Conference, 2016.
- M.R. Asoglu, T. Achjian, O. Akbilgic, M.A Borahay, G. Kilic. The impact of a simulation training lab on outcomes of hysterectomy. Journal of Turkish-German Gynecological Association (17), 60-64, 2016.
- O. Akbilgic, A.J. Howe, R.L. Davis. Categorizing Atrial Fibrillation via Symbolic Pattern Recognition. Journal of Medical Statistics and Informatics, 4 (8), 2016.
- P. Humez; B. Mayer; Jenifer Ing; M. Nightingale, V. Becker, A. Kingston, O. Akbilgic, S. Taylor. Occurrence and origin of methane in groundwater in Alberta (Canada): gas geochemical and isotopic approaches. Science of the Total Environment, 541, 1253--1268, 2015.
- O. Akbilgic, D. Zhu, I.D. Gates, J.A. Bergerson. Prediction of steam-assisted gravity drainage steam to oil ratio from reservoir characteristics. Energy, 93 (2), 1663–1670, 2015.
- O. Akbilgic, M. Mahmoudkhan, G. Doluweera, J.A. Bergerson. A meta-analysis and pre- dictive analysis of CO2 avoided costs for Carbon Capture investment decisions in power plants. Applied Energy, 159, 11-18, 2015.
- O. Akbilgic. Classification Trees Aided Mixed Regression Model. Journal of Applied Statistics, 42 (8), 1773-1781, 2015.
- O. Akbilgic, D. Zhu, I.D. Gates, J.A. Bergerson. Prediction of Canadaâs oil sands GHG emissions: statistical model selection & evaluation. International Conference on Environmental Scinece & Technologies, 232-234, 2014.
- O. Akbilgic, H. Bozdogan, M.E. Balaban. A novel Hybrid RBF Neural Networks model as a forecaster. Statistics & Computing, 24 (3), 365-375, 2014.
- H. Bozdogan, O. Akbilgic. Social network analysis of scientific collaborations across different subject fields. Information Services and Use, 33 (3-4), 219-233, 2013.
- O. Akbilgic. Binary Classification for Hydraulic Fracturing Operations in Oil & GasWells via Tree Based Logistic RBF Networks. European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 6 (4), 377-386, 2013.
- O. Akbilgic. A New Supervised Classification of Credit Approval Data via The Hybrid RBF-NN Model Using The Genetic Algorithm with Information Complexity. Data Science, Learning by Latent Structures, and Knowledge Discovery,, 2013.
- O. Akbilgic. Tree Based Logistic RBF Neural Networks Aided Logistic regression for Binary Classification: A Case Study on Hydraulic Fracturing in Oil & Gas Well. Presented at the yBIS 2013: Joint Meeting of Young Business and Industrial Statisticians, 2013.
- O. Akbilgic, H. Bozdogan. Hybrid RBF Neural Network Models for Supervised Classification of Medical Data With Information Complexity And The Genetic Algorithm. National Biostatistics Conference, 2012.
- O. Akbilgic, H. Bozdogan. Predictive Subset Selection using Regression Trees and RBF Neural Networks Hybridized with the Genetic Algorithm. European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 4 (4), 467-485, 2011.
- J.A. Howe, O. Akbilgic, E. Deniz Howe. Identifying the Presence of Outliers in Regression Using LSR. 7th International Statistics Congress,, 178-179, 2011.
- O. Akbilgic, J.A. Howe. A Novel Normality Test Using an Identity Transformation of the Gaussian Function. European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 4 (4), 448-454, 2011.
- E. Deniz, O. Akbilgic, J.A. Howe. Model selection using information criteria under a new estimation method: least squares ratio. Journal of Applied Statistics, 38 (9), 2043-2050, 2011.
- Akinci, OF, Kurt, M, Terzi, A, Atak, I, Subasi, IE, Akbilgic, O. Natal cleft deeper in patients with pilonidal sinus: implications for choice of surgical procedure. Dis Colon Rectum, 52 (5), 1000-2, 2009.
- O. Akbilgic, E. Deniz Akinci. A Novel Regression Approach: Least Squares Ratio. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 38 (9), 1539-1545, 2009.
- O. Akbilgic, T. Keskinturk. The Comparison of Artificial Neural Networks and Regression Analysis. YONETIM, 60 (19), 74-83, 2008.
- F. Lorcu, O. Akbilgic. Canonical Correlation Analysis of Economical Indicators of OECD Countries. 2008 meeting of the International Conference on Business Management and Economics, 2008.
- O. Akbilgic, T. Keskinturk. The Comparison of Artificial Neural Networks and Regression Analysis. Yönetim Dergisi, 19 (60), 74-83, 2008.
- Demirkok, SS, Basaranoglu, M, Akbilgic, O. Seasonal variation of the onset of presentations in stage 1 sarcoidosis. Int J Clin Pract, 60 (11), 1443-50, 2006.
- Demirkok SS, Basaranoglu M, Bilir M, Akbilgic O, Karayel T. Seasonal variation of the onset of presentations in patients with sarcoidosis presented with BHL alone. 2005 September 17; Copenhagen, Denmark, 2005.