MEIYUN FAN, M.D., Ph.D.
122 CANCER RESEARCH BUILDING
19 SOUTH MANASSAS
MEMPHIS TN 381033403
Molecular mechanisms of drug resistance and metastasis
Regulation of HIF1A and TGFB/EMT signaling pathways by miRNAs encoded by MIR17HG
Contribution of population-specific SNPs to racial disparity of breast cancer
- Brown, M, Fan, M. Detection of miRNA in Cultured Cells or Xenograft Tissues of Breast Cancer. Methods Mol Biol, 1406, 81-8, 2016.
- Pfeffer, SR, Grossmann, KF, Cassidy, PB, Yang, CH, Fan, M, Kopelovich, L, Leachman, SA, Pfeffer, LM. Detection of Exosomal miRNAs in the Plasma of Melanoma Patients. J Clin Med, 4 (12), 2012-27, 2015.
- Brooks, DL, Schwab, LP, Krutilina, R, Parke, DN, Sethuraman, A, Hoogewijs, D, SchÃ¶rg, A, Gotwald, L, Fan, M, Wenger, RH, Seagroves, TN. ITGA6 is directly regulated by hypoxia-inducible factors and enriches for cancer stem cell activity and invasion in metastatic breast cancer models. Mol Cancer, 15, 26, 2015.
- Pfeffer, LM, Li, K, Fleckenstein, JF, Marion, TN, Diament, J, Yang, CH, Pfeffer, SR, Fan, M, Handorf, E, Handorf, CR. An interferon response gene signature is associated with the therapeutic response of hepatitis C patients. PLoS One, 9 (8), e104202, 2014.
- Yang, CH, Yue, J, Pfeffer, SR, Fan, M, Paulus, E, Hosni-Ahmed, A, Sims, M, Qayyum, S, Davidoff, AM, Handorf, CR, Pfeffer, LM. MicroRNA-21 promotes glioblastoma tumorigenesis by down-regulating insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 (IGFBP3). J Biol Chem, 289 (36), 25079-87, 2014.
- Fan, M, Sethuraman, A, Brown, M, Sun, W, Pfeffer, LM. Systematic analysis of metastasis-associated genes identifies miR-17-5p as a metastatic suppressor of basal-like breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 146 (3), 487-502, 2014.
- Garner, JM, Fan, M, Yang, CH, Du, Z, Sims, M, Davidoff, AM, Pfeffer, LM. Constitutive activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) and nuclear factor κB signaling in glioblastoma cancer stem cells regulates the Notch pathway. J Biol Chem, 288 (36), 26167-76, 2013.
- Krutilina, R, Sun, W, Sethuraman, A, Brown, M, Seagroves, TN, Pfeffer, LM, Ignatova, T, Fan, M. MicroRNA-18a inhibits hypoxia-inducible factor 1α activity and lung metastasis in basal breast cancers. Breast Cancer Res, 16 (4), R78, 2013.
- Fan, M, Krutilina, R, Sun, J, Sethuraman, A, Yang, CH, Wu, ZH, Yue, J, Pfeffer, LM. Comprehensive analysis of microRNA (miRNA) targets in breast cancer cells. J Biol Chem, 288 (38), 27480-93, 2013.
- Wang, C, Schwab, LP, Fan, M, Seagroves, TN, Buolamwini, JK. Chemoprevention activity of dipyridamole in the MMTV-PyMT transgenic mouse model of breast cancer. Cancer Prev Res (Phila), 6 (5), 437-47, 2013.
- Fan, M, Pfeffer, SR, Lynch, HT, Cassidy, P, Leachman, S, Pfeffer, LM, Kopelovich, L. Altered transcriptome signature of phenotypically normal skin fibroblasts heterozygous for CDKN2A in familial melanoma: relevance to early intervention. Oncotarget, 4 (1), 128-41, 2013.
- Chen, H, Fan, M, Pfeffer, LM, Laribee, RN. The histone H3 lysine 56 acetylation pathway is regulated by target of rapamycin (TOR) signaling and functions directly in ribosomal RNA biogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res, 40 (14), 6534-46, 2012.
- Niu, J, Shi, Y, Tan, G, Yang, CH, Fan, M, Pfeffer, LM, Wu, ZH. DNA damage induces NF-κB-dependent microRNA-21 up-regulation and promotes breast cancer cell invasion. J Biol Chem, 287 (26), 21783-95, 2012.
- Li, K, Li, NL, Wei, D, Pfeffer, SR, Fan, M, Pfeffer, LM. Activation of chemokine and inflammatory cytokine response in hepatitis C virus-infected hepatocytes depends on Toll-like receptor 3 sensing of hepatitis C virus double-stranded RNA intermediates. Hepatology, 55 (3), 666-75, 2012.
- Rao, SK, Pavicevic, Z, Du, Z, Kim, JG, Fan, M, Jiao, Y, Rosebush, M, Samant, S, Gu, W, Pfeffer, LM, Nosrat, CA. Pro-inflammatory genes as biomarkers and therapeutic targets in oral squamous cell carcinoma. J Biol Chem, 285 (42), 32512-21, 2010.
- Yang, CH, Yue, J, Fan, M, Pfeffer, LM. IFN induces miR-21 through a signal transducer and activator of transcription 3-dependent pathway as a suppressive negative feedback on IFN-induced apoptosis. Cancer Res, 70 (20), 8108-16, 2010.
- Wang, N, Dong, Q, Li, J, Jangra, RK, Fan, M, Brasier, AR, Lemon, SM, Pfeffer, LM, Li, K. Viral induction of the zinc finger antiviral protein is IRF3-dependent but NF-kappaB-independent. J Biol Chem, 285 (9), 6080-90, 2010.
- Yang, CH, Fan, M, Slominski, AT, Yue, J, Pfeffer, LM. The role of constitutively activated STAT3 in B16 melanoma cells. Int J Interferon Cytokine Mediat Res, 2010 (2), 1-7, 2010.
- Du, Z, Fan, M, Kim, JG, Eckerle, D, Lothstein, L, Wei, L, Pfeffer, LM. Interferon-resistant Daudi cell line with a Stat2 defect is resistant to apoptosis induced by chemotherapeutic agents. J Biol Chem, 284 (41), 27808-15, 2009.
- Xin, F, Li, M, Balch, C, Thomson, M, Fan, M, Liu, Y, Hammond, SM, Kim, S, Nephew, KP. Computational analysis of microRNA profiles and their target genes suggests significant involvement in breast cancer antiestrogen resistance. Bioinformatics, 25 (4), 430-4, 2009.
- Rosati, SF, Williams, RF, Nunnally, LC, McGee, MC, Sims, TL, Tracey, L, Zhou, J, Fan, M, Ng, CY, Nathwani, AC, Stewart, CF, Pfeffer, LM, Davidoff, AM. IFN-beta sensitizes neuroblastoma to the antitumor activity of temozolomide by modulating O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase expression. Mol Cancer Ther, 7 (12), 3852-8, 2008.
- Wei, L, Fan, M, Xu, L, Heinrich, K, Berry, MW, Homayouni, R, Pfeffer, LM. Bioinformatic analysis reveals cRel as a regulator of a subset of interferon-stimulated genes. J Interferon Cytokine Res, 28 (9), 541-51, 2008.
- Berry, NB, Fan, M, Nephew, KP. Estrogen receptor-alpha hinge-region lysines 302 and 303 regulate receptor degradation by the proteasome. Mol Endocrinol, 22 (7), 1535-51, 2008.
- Long, X, Fan, M, Bigsby, RM, Nephew, KP. Apigenin inhibits antiestrogen-resistant breast cancer cell growth through estrogen receptor-alpha-dependent and estrogen receptor-alpha-independent mechanisms. Mol Cancer Ther, 7 (7), 2096-108, 2008.
- Yang, CH, Murti, A, Pfeffer, SR, Fan, M, Du, Z, Pfeffer, LM. The role of TRAF2 binding to the type I interferon receptor in alternative NF kappaB activation and antiviral response. J Biol Chem, 283 (21), 14309-16, 2008.
- Du, Z, Wei, L, Murti, A, Pfeffer, SR, Fan, M, Yang, CH, Pfeffer, LM. Non-conventional signal transduction by type 1 interferons: the NF-kappaB pathway. J Cell Biochem, 102 (5), 1087-94, 2007.
- Fan, M, Rickert, EL, Chen, L, Aftab, SA, Nephew, KP, Weatherman, RV. Characterization of molecular and structural determinants of selective estrogen receptor downregulators. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 103 (1), 37-44, 2007.
- Fan, M, Yan, PS, Hartman-Frey, C, Chen, L, Paik, H, Oyer, SL, Salisbury, JD, Cheng, AS, Li, L, Abbosh, PH, Huang, TH, Nephew, KP. Diverse gene expression and DNA methylation profiles correlate with differential adaptation of breast cancer cells to the antiestrogens tamoxifen and fulvestrant. Cancer Res, 66 (24), 11954-66, 2006.
- Li, L, Cheng, AS, Jin, VX, Paik, HH, Fan, M, Li, X, Zhang, W, Robarge, J, Balch, C, Davuluri, RV, Kim, S, Huang, TH, Nephew, KP. A mixture model-based discriminate analysis for identifying ordered transcription factor binding site pairs in gene promoters directly regulated by estrogen receptor-alpha. Bioinformatics, 22 (18), 2210-6, 2006.
- Cheng, AS, Jin, VX, Fan, M, Smith, LT, Liyanarachchi, S, Yan, PS, Leu, YW, Chan, MW, Plass, C, Nephew, KP, Davuluri, RV, Huang, TH. Combinatorial analysis of transcription factor partners reveals recruitment of c-MYC to estrogen receptor-alpha responsive promoters. Mol Cell, 21 (3), 393-404, 2006.
- Fan, M, Park, A, Nephew, KP. CHIP (carboxyl terminus of Hsc70-interacting protein) promotes basal and geldanamycin-induced degradation of estrogen receptor-alpha. Mol Endocrinol, 19 (12), 2901-14, 2005.
- Jin, VX, Leu, YW, Liyanarachchi, S, Sun, H, Fan, M, Nephew, KP, Huang, TH, Davuluri, RV. Identifying estrogen receptor alpha target genes using integrated computational genomics and chromatin immunoprecipitation microarray. Nucleic Acids Res, 32 (22), 6627-35, 2004.
- Leu, YW, Yan, PS, Fan, M, Jin, VX, Liu, JC, Curran, EM, Welshons, WV, Wei, SH, Davuluri, RV, Plass, C, Nephew, KP, Huang, TH. Loss of estrogen receptor signaling triggers epigenetic silencing of downstream targets in breast cancer. Cancer Res, 64 (22), 8184-92, 2004.
- Fan, M, Nakshatri, H, Nephew, KP. Inhibiting proteasomal proteolysis sustains estrogen receptor-alpha activation. Mol Endocrinol, 18 (11), 2603-15, 2004.
- Fan, M, Bigsby, RM, Nephew, KP. The NEDD8 pathway is required for proteasome-mediated degradation of human estrogen receptor (ER)-alpha and essential for the antiproliferative activity of ICI 182,780 in ERalpha-positive breast cancer cells. Mol Endocrinol, 17 (3), 356-65, 2003.
- Fan, M, Long, X, Bailey, JA, Reed, CA, Osborne, E, Gize, EA, Kirk, EA, Bigsby, RM, Nephew, KP. The activating enzyme of NEDD8 inhibits steroid receptor function. Mol Endocrinol, 16 (2), 315-30, 2002.