MEIYUN FAN, M.D., Ph.D.
122 Cancer Research Building
19 South Manassas
Memphis Tn 381033403
Breast cancer cell biology and antiestrogen resistance; regualtion of gene transcription
- Xin, F, Li, M, Balch, C, Thomson, M, Fan, M, Liu, Y, Hammond, SM, Kim, S, Nephew, KP. Computational analysis of microRNA profiles and their target genes suggests significant involvement in breast cancer antiestrogen resistance. Bioinformatics, 25 (4), 430-4, 2009.
- Rosati, SF, Williams, RF, Nunnally, LC, McGee, MC, Sims, TL, Tracey, L, Zhou, J, Fan, M, Ng, CY, Nathwani, AC, Stewart, CF, Pfeffer, LM, Davidoff, AM. IFN-beta sensitizes neuroblastoma to the antitumor activity of temozolomide by modulating O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase expression. Mol Cancer Ther, 7 (12), 3852-8, 2008.
- Wei, L, Fan, M, Xu, L, Heinrich, K, Berry, MW, Homayouni, R, Pfeffer, LM. Bioinformatic analysis reveals cRel as a regulator of a subset of interferon-stimulated genes. J Interferon Cytokine Res, 28 (9), 541-51, 2008.
- Long, X, Fan, M, Bigsby, RM, Nephew, KP. Apigenin inhibits antiestrogen-resistant breast cancer cell growth through estrogen receptor-alpha-dependent and estrogen receptor-alpha-independent mechanisms. Mol Cancer Ther, 7 (7), 2096-108, 2008.
- Berry, NB, Fan, M, Nephew, KP. Estrogen receptor-alpha hinge-region lysines 302 and 303 regulate receptor degradation by the proteasome. Mol Endocrinol, 22 (7), 1535-51, 2008.
- Yang, CH, Murti, A, Pfeffer, SR, Fan, M, Du, Z, Pfeffer, LM. The role of TRAF2 binding to the type I interferon receptor in alternative NF kappaB activation and antiviral response. J Biol Chem, 283 (21), 14309-16, 2008.
- Du, Z, Wei, L, Murti, A, Pfeffer, SR, Fan, M, Yang, CH, Pfeffer, LM. Non-conventional signal transduction by type 1 interferons: the NF-kappaB pathway. J Cell Biochem, 102 (5), 1087-94, 2007.
- Fan, M, Rickert, EL, Chen, L, Aftab, SA, Nephew, KP, Weatherman, RV. Characterization of molecular and structural determinants of selective estrogen receptor downregulators. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 103 (1), 37-44, 2007.
- Fan, M, Yan, PS, Hartman-Frey, C, Chen, L, Paik, H, Oyer, SL, Salisbury, JD, Cheng, AS, Li, L, Abbosh, PH, Huang, TH, Nephew, KP. Diverse gene expression and DNA methylation profiles correlate with differential adaptation of breast cancer cells to the antiestrogens tamoxifen and fulvestrant. Cancer Res, 66 (24), 11954-66, 2006.
- Li, L, Cheng, AS, Jin, VX, Paik, HH, Fan, M, Li, X, Zhang, W, Robarge, J, Balch, C, Davuluri, RV, Kim, S, Huang, TH, Nephew, KP. A mixture model-based discriminate analysis for identifying ordered transcription factor binding site pairs in gene promoters directly regulated by estrogen receptor-alpha. Bioinformatics, 22 (18), 2210-6, 2006.
- Cheng, AS, Jin, VX, Fan, M, Smith, LT, Liyanarachchi, S, Yan, PS, Leu, YW, Chan, MW, Plass, C, Nephew, KP, Davuluri, RV, Huang, TH. Combinatorial analysis of transcription factor partners reveals recruitment of c-MYC to estrogen receptor-alpha responsive promoters. Mol Cell, 21 (3), 393-404, 2006.
- Fan, M, Park, A, Nephew, KP. CHIP (carboxyl terminus of Hsc70-interacting protein) promotes basal and geldanamycin-induced degradation of estrogen receptor-alpha. Mol Endocrinol, 19 (12), 2901-14, 2005.
- Jin, VX, Leu, YW, Liyanarachchi, S, Sun, H, Fan, M, Nephew, KP, Huang, TH, Davuluri, RV. Identifying estrogen receptor alpha target genes using integrated computational genomics and chromatin immunoprecipitation microarray. Nucleic Acids Res, 32 (22), 6627-35, 2004.
- Leu, YW, Yan, PS, Fan, M, Jin, VX, Liu, JC, Curran, EM, Welshons, WV, Wei, SH, Davuluri, RV, Plass, C, Nephew, KP, Huang, TH. Loss of estrogen receptor signaling triggers epigenetic silencing of downstream targets in breast cancer. Cancer Res, 64 (22), 8184-92, 2004.
- Fan, M, Nakshatri, H, Nephew, KP. Inhibiting proteasomal proteolysis sustains estrogen receptor-alpha activation. Mol Endocrinol, 18 (11), 2603-15, 2004.
- Fan, M, Bigsby, RM, Nephew, KP. The NEDD8 pathway is required for proteasome-mediated degradation of human estrogen receptor (ER)-alpha and essential for the antiproliferative activity of ICI 182,780 in ERalpha-positive breast cancer cells. Mol Endocrinol, 17 (3), 356-65, 2003.
- Fan, M, Long, X, Bailey, JA, Reed, CA, Osborne, E, Gize, EA, Kirk, EA, Bigsby, RM, Nephew, KP. The activating enzyme of NEDD8 inhibits steroid receptor function. Mol Endocrinol, 16 (2), 315-30, 2002.