LISA K. JENNINGS, Ph.D., M.S., B.A.
Prof & Director
Vascular Biology Center
Joint Program UTHSC and Univ of Memphis
H300 COLEMAN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE BUILDING
956 COURT AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 381632116
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN, Biochemistry
- M.S., Memphis State University, Memphis, TN, Cell Biology
- B.A., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Botany
- Zhang, F, Kotha, J, Jennings, LK, Zhang, XA. Tetraspanins and vascular functions. Cardiovasc Res, 2009.
- Jennings, LK. Variability in platelet response to the antiplatelet agents aspirin and clopidogrel: mechanisms, measurement, and clinical relevance. Crit Pathw Cardiol, 8 (1), 20-8, 2009.
- Jennings, LK. Role of platelets in atherothrombosis. Am J Cardiol, 103 (3 Suppl), 4A-10A, 2009.
- Speich, HE, Grgurevich, S, Kueter, TJ, Earhart, AD, Slack, SM, Jennings, LK. Platelets undergo phosphorylation of Syk at Y525/526 and Y352 in response to pathophysiological shear stress. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol, 295 (4), C1045-54, 2008.
- Kotha, J, Zhang, C, Longhurst, CM, Lu, Y, Jacobs, J, Cheng, Y, Jennings, LK. Functional relevance of tetraspanin CD9 in vascular smooth muscle cell injury phenotypes: A novel target for the prevention of neointimal hyperplasia. Atherosclerosis, 2008.
- Jennings, LK, Saucedo, JF. Antiplatelet and anticoagulant agents: key differences in mechanisms of action, clinical application, and therapeutic benefit in patients with non-ST-segment-elevation acute coronary syndromes. Curr Opin Cardiol, 23 (4), 302-8, 2008.
- Kotha, J, Longhurst, C, Appling, W, Jennings, LK. Tetraspanin CD9 regulates beta1 integrin activation and enhances cell motility to fibronectin via a PI-3 kinase-dependent pathway. Exp Cell Res, 2008.
- Yang, J, Ji, R, Cheng, Y, Sun, JZ, Jennings, LK, Zhang, C. L-arginine chlorination results in the formation of a nonselective nitric-oxide synthase inhibitor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther, 318 (3), 1044-9, 2006.
- Jennings, LK. Current strategies with eptifibatide and other antiplatelet agents in percutaneous coronary intervention and acute coronary syndromes. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol, 1 (4), 727-37, 2005.
- Cagiannos, C, Abul-Khoudoud, OR, DeRijk, W, Shell, DH, Jennings, LK, Tolley, EA, Handorf, CR, Fabian, TC. Rapamycin-coated expanded polytetrafluoroethylene bypass grafts exhibit decreased anastomotic neointimal hyperplasia in a porcine model. J Vasc Surg, 42 (5), 980-8, 2005.
- Liu, J, Jackson, CW, Gruppo, RA, Jennings, LK, Gartner, TK. The beta3 subunit of the integrin alphaIIbbeta3 regulates alphaIIb-mediated outside-in signaling. Blood, 105 (11), 4345-52, 2005.
- He, B, Liu, L, Cook, GA, Grgurevich, S, Jennings, LK, Zhang, XA. Tetraspanin CD82 attenuates cellular morphogenesis through down-regulating integrin alpha6-mediated cell adhesion. J Biol Chem, 280 (5), 3346-54, 2005.
- White, MM, Krishnan, R, Kueter, TJ, Jacoski, MV, Jennings, LK. The use of the point of care Helena ICHOR/Plateletworks and the Accumetrics Ultegra RPFA for assessment of platelet function with GPIIB-IIIa antagonists. J Thromb Thrombolysis, 18 (3), 163-9, 2004.
- Zhang, C, Yang, J, Jennings, LK. Leukocyte-derived myeloperoxidase amplifies high-glucose--induced endothelial dysfunction through interaction with high-glucose--stimulated, vascular non--leukocyte-derived reactive oxygen species. Diabetes, 53 (11), 2950-9, 2004.
- Zhang, C, Yang, J, Jennings, LK. Attenuation of neointima formation through the inhibition of DNA repair enzyme PARP-1 in balloon-injured rat carotid artery. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 287 (2), H659-66, 2004.
- Zhang, C, Yang, J, Jacobs, JD, Jennings, LK. Interaction of myeloperoxidase with vascular NAD(P)H oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species in vasculature: implications for vascular diseases. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 285 (6), H2563-72, 2003.
- Grgurevich, S, Krishnan, R, White, MM, Jennings, LK. Role of in vitro cholesterol depletion in mediating human platelet aggregation. J Thromb Haemost, 1 (3), 576-86, 2003.
- Haga, JH, Jennings, LK, Slack, SM. Inhibition of shear-stress-induced platelet aggregation and phosphotyrosine signaling by GPIIb-IIIa antagonists. Ann Biomed Eng, 30 (10), 1262-72, 2003.
- Bhanoori, M, Yellaturu, CR, Ghosh, SK, Hassid, A, Jennings, LK, Rao, GN. Thiol alkylation inhibits the mitogenic effects of platelet-derived growth factor and renders it proapoptotic via activation of STATs and p53 and induction of expression of caspase1 and p21(waf1/cip1). Oncogene, 22 (1), 117-30, 2003.
- Cook, GA, Longhurst, CM, Grgurevich, S, Cholera, S, Crossno, JT, Jennings, LK. Identification of CD9 extracellular domains important in regulation of CHO cell adhesion to fibronectin and fibronectin pericellular matrix assembly. Blood, 100 (13), 4502-11, 2002.
- Yellaturu, CR, Ghosh, SK, Rao, RK, Jennings, LK, Hassid, A, Rao, GN. A potential role for nuclear factor of activated T-cells in receptor tyrosine kinase and G-protein-coupled receptor agonist-induced cell proliferation. Biochem J, 368 (Pt 1), 183-90, 2002.
- Longhurst, CM, Jacobs, JD, White, MM, Crossno, JT, Fitzgerald, DA, Bao, J, Fitzgerald, TJ, Raghow, R, Jennings, LK. Chinese hamster ovary cell motility to fibronectin is modulated by the second extracellular loop of CD9. Identification of a putative fibronectin binding site. J Biol Chem, 277 (36), 32445-52, 2002.
- Zhang, C, Yang, J, Feng, J, Jennings, LK. Short-term administration of basic fibroblast growth factor enhances coronary collateral development without exacerbating atherosclerosis and balloon injury-induced vasoproliferation in atherosclerotic rabbits with acute myocardial infarction. J Lab Clin Med, 140 (2), 119-25, 2002.
- Jennings, LK, Jacoski, MV, White, MM. The pharmacodynamics of parenteral glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. J Interv Cardiol, 15 (1), 45-60, 2002.
- Jennings, LK, Haga, JH, Slack, SM. Differential expression of a ligand induced binding site (LIBS) by GPIIb-IIIa ligand recognition peptides and parenteral antagonists. Thromb Haemost, 84 (6), 1095-102, 2000.
- Mondoro, TH, White, MM, Jennings, LK. Active GPIIb-IIIa conformations that link ligand interaction with cytoskeletal reorganization. Blood, 96 (7), 2487-95, 2000.
- Cook, GA, Wilkinson, DA, Crossno, JT, Raghow, R, Jennings, LK. The tetraspanin CD9 influences the adhesion, spreading, and pericellular fibronectin matrix assembly of Chinese hamster ovary cells on human plasma fibronectin. Exp Cell Res, 251 (2), 356-71, 1999.
- Longhurst, CM, White, MM, Wilkinson, DA, Jennings, LK. A CD9, alphaIIbbeta3, integrin-associated protein, and GPIb/V/IX complex on the surface of human platelets is influenced by alphaIIbbeta3 conformational states. Eur J Biochem, 263 (1), 104-11, 1999.
- Longhurst, CM, Jennings, LK. Integrin-mediated signal transduction. Cell Mol Life Sci, 54 (6), 514-26, 1998.
- Jennings, LK, White, MM. Expression of ligand-induced binding sites on glycoprotein IIb/IIIa complexes and the effect of various inhibitors. Am Heart J, 135 (5 Pt 2 Su), S179-83, 1998.
- Wall, CD, Conley, PB, Armendariz-Borunda, J, Sudarshan, C, Wagner, JE, Raghow, R, Jennings, LK. Expression of alpha IIb beta 3 integrin (GPIIb-IIIa) in myeloid cell lines and normal CD34+/CD33+ bone marrow cells. Blood Cells Mol Dis, 23 (3), 361-76, 1997.
- Jennings, LK, Slack, SM, Wall, CD, Mondoro, TH. Immunological comparisons of integrin alpha IIb beta 3 (GPIIb-IIIa) expressed on platelets and human erythroleukemia cells: evidence for cell specific differences. Blood Cells Mol Dis, 22 (1), 23-35, 1996.
- Jennings, LK, White, MM, Mandrell, TD. Interspecies comparison of platelet aggregation, LIBS expression and clot retraction: observed differences in GPIIb-IIIa functional activity. Thromb Haemost, 74 (6), 1551-6, 1995.
- Wall, JE, Buijs-Wilts, M, Arnold, JT, Wang, W, White, MM, Jennings, LK, Jackson, CW. A flow cytometric assay using mepacrine for study of uptake and release of platelet dense granule contents. Br J Haematol, 89 (2), 380-5, 1995.
- Slack, SM, Jennings, LK, Turitto, VT. Platelet size distribution measurements as indicators of shear stress-induced platelet aggregation. Ann Biomed Eng, 22 (6), 653-9, 1994.
- Heath, TL, Wall, CD, Jennings, LK. A GP IIIa ligand-induced binding site antibody detects multiple GP IIb-IIIa conformations, and its binding is modulated by various ligands. Ann N Y Acad Sci, 714, 300-2, 1994.
- Jennings, LK, Crossno, JT, Fox, CF, White, MM, Green, CA. Platelet p24/CD9, a member of the tetraspanin family of proteins. Ann N Y Acad Sci, 714, 175-84, 1994.
- Jennings, LK, White, MM, Sauer, CM, Mauer, AM, Robertson, JT. Cocaine-induced platelet defects. Stroke, 24 (9), 1352-9, 1993.
- White, MM, Foust, JT, Mauer, AM, Robertson, JT, Jennings, LK. Assessment of lumiaggregometry for research and clinical laboratories. Thromb Haemost, 67 (5), 572-7, 1992.
- Kouns, WC, Newman, PJ, Puckett, KJ, Miller, AA, Wall, CD, Fox, CF, Seyer, JM, Jennings, LK. Further characterization of the loop structure of platelet glycoprotein IIIa: partial mapping of functionally significant glycoprotein IIIa epitopes. Blood, 78 (12), 3215-23, 1991.
- Kouns, WC, Jennings, LK. Activation-independent exposure of the GPIIb-IIIa fibrinogen receptor. Thromb Res, 63 (3), 343-54, 1991.
- Kouns, WC, Fox, CF, Lamoreaux, WJ, Coons, LB, Jennings, LK. The effect of glycoprotein IIb-IIIa receptor occupancy on the cytoskeleton of resting and activated platelets. J Biol Chem, 266 (21), 13891-900, 1991.
- Jennings, LK, Wang, WC, Jackson, CW, Fox, CF, Bell, A. Hemostasis in Glanzmann's thrombasthenia (GT): GT platelets interfere with the aggregation of normal platelets. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol, 13 (1), 84-90, 1991.
- Kouns, WC, Wall, CD, White, MM, Fox, CF, Jennings, LK. A conformation-dependent epitope of human platelet glycoprotein IIIa. J Biol Chem, 265 (33), 20594-601, 1990.
- Jennings, LK, Fox, CF, Kouns, WC, McKay, CP, Ballou, LR, Schultz, HE. The activation of human platelets mediated by anti-human platelet p24/CD9 monoclonal antibodies. J Biol Chem, 265 (7), 3815-22, 1990.
- Jennings, LK, Dockter, ME, Wall, CD, Fox, CF, Kennedy, DM. Calcium mobilization in human platelets using indo-1 and flow cytometry. Blood, 74 (8), 2674-80, 1989.
- Jackson, CW, Jennings, LK. Heterogeneity of fibrinogen receptor expression on platelets activated in normal plasma with ADP: analysis by flow cytometry. Br J Haematol, 72 (3), 407-14, 1989.
- Jennings, LK, Jackson, CW. Heterogeneity of fibrinogen receptor expression on human platelets activated by ADP in native plasma. Prog Clin Biol Res, 283, 381-5, 1988.