Leslie A. Hamilton, Pharm.D., BCPS
Admin-College of Pharmacy
1924 ALCOA HWY, BOX 117 KNOXVILLE TN 37920
- Pharm.D., The University of TN Health Science Center, Pharmacy
-Critical Care PGY2 Specialty Residency (ASHP-Accredited): 2008-2009
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
-PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency (ASHP-Accredited): 2007-2008
Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, Greensboro, NC
-Pharm.D., The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN: 2007
Honors and Awards
2015 University of Tennessee Health Science Center SGAEC Excellence in Teaching Award
2014 Best Student Abstract, ACCP Critical Care PRN, ACCP Annual Meeting
2014 Preceptor of the Year, University of Tennessee Medical Center
2014 Preceptor of the Year, University of Tennessee Medical Center
2013 University of Tennessee, Most Influential Professor
2012 Auburn University, Preceptor of Excellence
2011 Auburn University, Preceptor of Excellence
2010 Society of Critical Care Medicine Presidential Citation
2010 Who’s Who In Healthcare
2010 Best Poster, ALSHP Summer Meeting
2008 Who’s Who Among Professional Women in Pharmacy
Advanced Stroke Life Support
Alabama Pharmacy Preceptor Certification
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certificate
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals
Committees and Offices Held
University Committee and Service Appointments
University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy, Knoxville, TN
2014 to Present Honors, Awards, and Scholarship Committee
2014 to Present Curriculum Committee
2013 to Present Resident and Fellowship Committee
2013 to Present Admissions Committee Interviewer
University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
2014 to Present Pharmacy Research Council
2012 to Present Education Committee
2012 to Present Faculty Practice Committee
Professional Organizations and Leadership
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
-Pharmacy Practice Section
Chair, Awards Committee: 2011 to Present
Member, Leadership Committee: 2011 to Present
-Annual Meeting Abstract Reviewer: 2011 to Present
-Lyman Award Committee: 2011 to 2012
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
-Critical Care Practice and Research Network: 2008 to Present
Communications Committee: 2012 to Present
Nominations Committee: 2010 to 2012
Recognition Committee: 2012 to Present
-Peer Mentor: 2013 to Present
-Virtual Poster Symposium Moderator: 2013 to Present
-Pharmacotherapy Mock Exam Question Writer: 2013 to Present
-PSAP Pilot Reviewer: 2012 to Present
-Clinical Pharmacy Challenge Item Writer: 2010 to Present
-Student and Resident/Fellow Travel Award Reviewer: 2010 to Present
-Student CV Reviewer: 2009 to Present
-Awards Committee: 2010 to 2012
-Infectious Diseases Practice and Research Network: 2009 to 2010
-Mid-South College of Clinical Pharmacy: 2008 to 2009
Neurocritical Care Society (NCS)
-Neurocritical Care Pharmacy Section: 2013 to Present
Communications Committee: 2013 to Present
Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
-Current Concepts in Adult Critical Care Committee: 2013 to Present
-LearnICU Committee: 2012 to 2013
-Professor Walk Rounds Moderator: 2012 to Present
-Annual Congress Abstract Reviewer: 2010 to Present
-Southeast Chapter: 2010 to Present
Treasurer: 2010 to 2012
-Accreditation and Online Learning Committee: 2009 to 2013
-Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology Section: 2009 to Present
Membership Committee: 2012 to Present
-Graduate and Resident Education Committee: 2009 to 2013
Tennessee Pharmacists Association (TPA)
-Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists: 2012 to Present
Awards Committee: 2014 to Present
Midyear Meeting Abstract Chair: 2013 to Present
Ad Hoc Educational Committee: 2012 to Present
-Tennessee Pharmacists Association Delegate: 2005 to 2006
-Awards Committee: 2004 to 2007
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
-University of Tennessee Health Science Center Alumni Board: 2013 to Present
University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy
-Faculty Co-Advisor, American Pharmacists Association-Academy of
Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP): 2013 to Present
-Faculty Mentor, Teaching Certificate Program: 2013 to Present
-Faculty Advisor, APhA-ASP Medication Education Committee: 2012 to Present
-Faculty Advisor, Clinical Skills Competition: 2012 to Present
-Faculty Advisor, Pharmacy Student Government Association: 2012 to 2013
Imhotep Leadership Society: Inducted 2006
Mortar Board Honor Society: Inducted 2003
Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society: Inducted 2002
Phi Lambda Sigma (PLS), Theta Chapter, University of Tennessee
-Secretary: 2005 to 2006
Rho Chi Society, Alpha Nu Chapter, University of Tennessee: Faculty Inductee 2014
1. Connor KA, Hamilton LA. Pursuing Board of Pharmacy Specialties certification. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2010; 67: 1150-1.
2. Knott LN, Hamilton LA. Risk of Cancer in Patients Receiving Insulin Glargine. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2010; 67: 2025-31.
3. Dickerson RN, Hamilton LA, Brown RO. Use of a Standardized Progress Note and Assessment Form for Performance Evaluation and Quality Improvement. Nutr Clin Pract 2010; 25: 490-6.
4. Dickerson RN, Hamilton LA, Connor KA, et al. Increased Hypoglycemia Associated with Renal Failure during Continuous Intravenous Insulin Infusion and Specialized Nutrition Support. Nutrition 2011; 27: 766-72.
5. Dery AS, Hamilton LA, Starr JA. The Use of Nebivolol in the Treatment of Heart Failure. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2011; 68: 879-86.
6. Hamilton LA. Clinical Implications of Subcutaneous Glucose Monitoring in Critically Ill Patients. Crit Care Med 2011; 39: 883-4.
7. Hamilton LA, Trobaugh KA. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS): Use of Specialized Nutrients in Pediatric Patients and Infants. Nutr Clin Pract 2011; 26: 26-30.
8. Pinner NA, Hamilton LA, Hughes A. Roflumilast: A Phosphodiesterase-4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Clin Ther 2012; 34: 56-66.
9. Hamilton LA, Wood CW, Magnotti LJ, et al. Treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia with High-Dose Vancomycin or Linezolid. J Trauma 2012; 72; 1478-83.
10. Pinner NA, Hamilton LA. The authors respond. Clin Ther 2012; 34: 1842-3.
11. Hamilton LA, Abbott GV, Cooper JB. High-Risk Non-ST Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome Outcomes in Patients Treated with Unfractionated Heparin Monitored Using Anti-Xa Concentrations Versus Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time. Hosp Pharm 2013; 48: 389-95.
12. Hamilton LA, Watts CS, Crain MR. Hyperkalemia and Rhabdomyolysis with Succinylcholine Used for Rapid Sequence Intubation: A Case Report. J Pharm Technol 2013; 29: 247-9.
13. Furr AT, Hamilton LA. Medications and Effects on Indirect Calorimetry. Support Line 2013; 35: 24-5.
14. Hamilton LA. Role of Amantadine in Traumatic Brain Injury. Currents: Neurocritical Care Society 2013; 8: 16.
15. Smetana KS, Suda KJ, Hamilton LA. Fixed Drug Eruption in an Epileptic Patient Previously Receiving Warfarin. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep 2013; 1: 1-3.
16. Poole BB, Hamilton LA, Brockman M, Byrd DC. Interstitial Pneumonitis from Treatment with Gemcitabine in Pancreatic Cancer. Hosp Pharm 2014; 9: 847-50.
17. Elliott WV, Suda KJ, Hamilton LA, Curry KY, Byrd DC. Impact of the Elimination of Learner-Centered Assignments on Students'' Performance in and Evaluation of a Drug Information and Literature Evaluation Course. Curr Pharm Teach Learn 2014; 6: 483-7.
18. Elmore LK, Hamilton LA. Argatroban for the Treatment of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia in End Stage Renal Disease and Acute Kidney Injury. Tenn Med 2015: 3: Article 3.
19. Hamilton LA, Lockhart NR, Crain MR. Candida glabrata and Candida tropicalis in an immunocompetent patient: A case report. J Pharm Pract 2015; 28: 284-7.
20. Rinehart DR, Lockhart NR, Hamilton LA, et al. Management of Apixaban-Associated Subdural Hematoma: A Case Report on the Use of Factor Eight Inhibitor Bypassing Activity (FEIBA). Crit Care Med 2015; 43: e203-7.
21. Dickey SE, Mabry WA, Hamilton LA. Possible sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim-induced pancreatitis in a complicated adolescent patient post-traumatic injury. J Pharm Pract 2015: In Press.