Lorraine M. Albritton, Ph.D., B.S.
Dept of Micr, Immun, & Biochem
601f Molecular Sciences Building
- Ph.D., Oak Ridge Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry
- B.S., Northeast Louisiana University, LA, Physic
- Ryu, BY, Zavorotinskaya, T, Trentin, B, Albritton, LM. The block to membrane fusion differs with the site of ligand insertion in modified retroviral envelope proteins. J Gen Virol, 89 (Pt 4), 1049-58, 2008.
- Kumar, P, Nachagari, D, Fields, C, Franks, J, Albritton, LM. Host cell cathepsins potentiate Moloney murine leukemia virus infection. J Virol, 81 (19), 10506-14, 2007.
- Qian, Z, Wang, H, Empig, C, Anderson, WF, Albritton, LM. Complementation of a binding-defective retrovirus by a host cell receptor mutant. J Virol, 78 (11), 5766-72, 2004.
- Qian, Z, Albritton, LM. An aromatic side chain is required at residue 8 of SU for fusion of ecotropic murine leukemia virus. J Virol, 78 (1), 508-12, 2004.
- Zavorotinskaya, T, Qian, Z, Franks, J, Albritton, LM. A point mutation in the binding subunit of a retroviral envelope protein arrests virus entry at hemifusion. J Virol, 78 (1), 473-81, 2004.
- Qian, Z, Donald, R, Wang, H, Chen, Q, Albritton, LM. Identification of a critical basic residue on the ecotropic murine leukemia virus receptor. J Virol, 77 (15), 8596-601, 2003.
- Jeetendra, E, Robison, CS, Albritton, LM, Whitt, MA. The membrane-proximal domain of vesicular stomatitis virus G protein functions as a membrane fusion potentiator and can induce hemifusion. J Virol, 76 (23), 12300-11, 2002.
- Kizhatil, K, Albritton, LM. System y+ localizes to different membrane subdomains in the basolateral plasma membrane of epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol, 283 (6), C1784-94, 2002.
- Kizhatil, K, Gromley, A, Albritton, LM. Two point mutations produce infectious retrovirus bearing a green fluorescent protein-SU fusion protein. J Virol, 75 (23), 11881-5, 2001.
- Zavorotinskaya, T, Albritton, LM. Two point mutations increase targeted transduction and stabilize vector association of a modified retroviral envelope protein. Mol Ther, 3 (3), 323-8, 2001.
- Zavorotinskaya, T, Albritton, LM. A hydrophobic patch in ecotropic murine leukemia virus envelope protein is the putative binding site for a critical tyrosine residue on the cellular receptor. J Virol, 73 (12), 10164-72, 1999.
- Zavorotinskaya, T, Albritton, LM. Failure To cleave murine leukemia virus envelope protein does not preclude its incorporation in virions and productive virus-receptor interaction. J Virol, 73 (7), 5621-9, 1999.
- Zavorotinskaya, T, Albritton, LM. Suppression of a fusion defect by second site mutations in the ecotropic murine leukemia virus surface protein. J Virol, 73 (6), 5034-42, 1999.
- Kizhatil, K, Albritton, LM. Requirements for different components of the host cell cytoskeleton distinguish ecotropic murine leukemia virus entry via endocytosis from entry via surface fusion. J Virol, 71 (10), 7145-56, 1997.
- Malhotra, S, Scott, AG, Zavorotinskaya, T, Albritton, LM. Analysis of the murine ecotropic leukemia virus receptor reveals a common biochemical determinant on diverse cell surface receptors that is essential to retrovirus entry. J Virol, 70 (1), 321-6, 1996.