Kenneth C. Hohmeier, Pharm.D.
Director of Community Affairs
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
STE 2D POLK AVENUE BUILDING
193 POLK AVENUE
NASHVILLE TN 372100000
- Residency Certificate, Kroger Pharmacy/University of Toledo, PGY1 Community-based Pharmacy Residency Program
- Pharm.D., University of Toledo, Pharmacy
- B.S., University of Toledo, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Pharmacy operations, medication therapy management (MTM), pharmacy technicians, community pharmacy practice change, point-of-care testing (POCT)
Clinical Care Specialty/Interest
Community pharmacy practice, MTM, POCT
Grant Funded Research
Exploring the Effects and Outcomes of Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (Phase I and II)
Investigators: Kenneth C. Hohmeier, Junling Wang, Sharon McDonough, James Wheeler
Sponsor/Funding source: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Award start and end dates: January 1st, 2017 – January 1st, 2018
Consumer Perceptions of Point-of-care Testing
Investigators: Kenneth C. Hohmeier, Justin Gatwood
Sponsor/Funding source: Community Pharmacy Foundation
Award start and end dates: July 1st, 2016 – January 1st, 2017
Patterns of Medication Utilization among Medicare Beneficiaries with Multiple Chronic Conditions
Investigators: Junling Wang, Kenneth C. Hohmeier
Sponsor/Funding source: PhRMA Foundation
Award start and end dates: November 1st, 2015 – December 31st, 2015
Reducing the Burden of Diabetes Distress: A Community Pharmacy Intervention
Name of PI: Kenneth C. Hohmeier, Morgan Machen
Sponsor/Funding source: APhA Foundation Incentive Grant
Award start and end dates: December 17, 2015 – June 30, 2016
Exploring Current Practices of the Role of the Pharmacy Technician in the Provision of Cognitive Pharmaceutical Services at High Performing Sites within a Chain Community Pharmacy
Investigators: Kenneth C. Hohmeier
Sponsor/Funding source: NACDS Foundation Faculty Scholars Grant
Award start and end dates: July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
Operation Access: A Four-Part Effort to Expand Access to Community Pharmacy Services Across the State of Tennessee
Investigators: Kenneth C. Hohmeier, Christina Spivey, Marie Chisholm-Burns
Sponsor/Funding source: NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Grant
Award start and end dates: April 1, 2015 – May 31, 2016
Evaluating Hospital Readmissions After Initiating Community Pharmacist-Directed Transitions of Care Program
Investigators: Kenneth C. Hohmeier, Jacqueline M. Deiley
Sponsor/Funding source: APhA Foundation Incentive Grant
Award start and end dates: December 17, 2014 – June 30, 2015
Your Role: PI
PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency, University of Toledo, Kroger Pharmacy, and Cordelia Martin Health Center, Toledo, OH
American Pharmacists Association 2013-2014
Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APPM) Education Standing Committee
OHIO PHARMACISTS ASSOCIATION 2013-2014
Board of Trustees
American Pharmacists Association 2009-2011
Books and Electronic Products Editorial Advisory Board
- Jamison, JJ, Wang, J, Surbhi, S, Adams, S, Solomon, D, Hohmeier, KC, McDonough, S, Eoff, JC. Impact of Medicare Part D on Racial and Ethnic Minorities. Divers Equal Health Care, 13 (5), 326-333, 2017.
- Chisholm-Burns, MA, Spivey, CA, Gatwood, J, Wiss, A, Hohmeier, K, Erickson, SR. Evaluation of racial and socioeconomic disparities in medication pricing and pharmacy access and services. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 2017.
- Gibson, ML, Hohmeier, KC, Smith, CT. Pharmacogenomics testing in a community pharmacy: patient perceptions and willingness-to-pay. Pharmacogenomics, 18 (3), 227-233, 2017.
- Borja-Hart, N, Hohmeier, KC. Availability of drug information on community pharmacy websites in Tennessee. Int J Pharm Pract, 2017.
- Hohmeier KC, Spivey CA, Chisholm-Burns MA. A Community-based Partnership Collaborative Practice Agreement Project to Teach Innovation in Care Delivery. Curr Pharm Teach Learn, 2017.
- Cochran, G, Hruschak, V, Bacci, JL, Hohmeier, KC, Tarter, R. Behavioral, mental, and physical health characteristics and opioid medication misuse among community pharmacy patients: A latent class analysis. Res Social Adm Pharm, 2016.
- Hohmeier, KC, Borja-Hart, N, Cooper, M, Kirby, J, Fisher, C. Training and retaining community pharmacy leaders: Career pathways after completing a PGY1 community pharmacy residency affiliated with a large supermarket chain. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003), 2016.
- Gemelli, MG, Yockel, K, Hohmeier, KC. Evaluating the Impact of Pharmacists on Reducing Use of Sedative/Hypnotics for Treatment of Insomnia in Long-Term Care Facility Residents. Consult Pharm, 31 (11), 650-657, 2016.
- Hohmeier, KC, McDonough, SL, Wang, J. Co-creation of market expansion in point-of-care testing in the United States: Industry leadership perspectives on the community pharmacy segment. Res Social Adm Pharm, 2016.
- Hohmeier, KC, Randolph, DD, Smith, CT, Hagemann, TM. A multimodal approach to improving human papillomavirus vaccination in a community pharmacy setting. SAGE Open Med, 4, 2050312116682128, 2016.
- Hohmeier, KC, Gatwood, J. Toward Intrapreneurship in Pharmacy Education. Am J Pharm Educ, 80 (3), 53, 2016.
- Prescription Opioid Abuse: Pharmacists Perspective and Response. Integrated Pharmacy Research and Practice. Cochran G, Hruschak V, Defosse B, Hohmeier KC. Integr Pharm Res and Pract (5), 65-73, 2016.
- Justis L, Crain J, Marchetti ML, Hohmeier KC. The Effect of Community Pharmacy Technicians on Industry Standard Adherence Performance Measures After Cognitive Pharmaceutical Services Training. J Pharm Technol, 32 (6), 230-3, 2016.
- Gemelli MG, Yockel K, Hohmeier KC. Evaluating the Impact of Pharmacists on Reducing Use of Sedative/Hypnotics for Treatment of Insomnia in Long-Term Care Facility Residents. Consult Pharm, 31 (11), 650-7, 2016.
- Cochran G, Hruschak V, Bacci J, Hohmeier KC, Tarter R. A Latent Class Analysis of Behavioral, Mental, and Physical Health Characteristics and Opioid Medication Misuse Among Community Pharmacy Patients. Res Social Adm Pharm (In-press), 2016.
- Hohmeier KC, Masselink A. Patient Preferences on Participation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Practice-based Research in a Community Pharmacy Setting.. J App Pharm, 8 (2), 2016.
- Hohmeier, KC, Borja-Hart, N. Are patient's simply unaware? A cross-sectional study of website promotion of community pharmacy adherence-related services in Tennessee. Res Social Adm Pharm, 12 (6), 1004-1009, 2015.
- Hohmeier, KC, Almon, LM. Topical and intranasal analgesic therapy in a woman with refractory postherpetic neuralgia. Case Rep Med, 2015, 392874, 2015.
- Hohmeier, KC, Mangan, MN, Powers, MF, Lengel AJ. The Patient-Centered Medical Home and Community Pharmacists’ Perceptions. J Pharm Technol (28), 151-5, 2012.
- Hohmeier KC, Powers MF, Lengel AJ. Community pharmacists’ perceptions of barriers to participation and acceptant within the Patient Centered Medical Home. J. Am. Pharm. Assoc., 2011.
- Powers MF, Hohmeier KC. OTC product: Zentrip. Pharm Today, 17 (1), 29, 2011.
- Hohmeier KC, Powers MF. Pharmacy Technicians and Immunizations. J Pharm Technol (27), 111-6, 2011.
- Lynn S, Hohmeier K, Samaroo L, Azzi A, Brown J, Mullins A, Powers M, Lengel A, Bechtol R. APhA-ASP Project Chance: Management of asthma through the integration of a pharmacy-based Medication Therapy Management program at a 340-B Clinic. J. Am. Pharm. Assoc., 2010.