JUNMING YUE, Ph.D., M.S.
Crb, 266 Cancer Research Building
The research interest in my laboratory focuses on the role of miRNA genes in cardiovascular development, cardiovascular diseases and ovarian cancer. We are using State of the Art technologies including viral vectors for gene expressions and knockdowns, transgenic mice, rats and knockout mice to address how miRNAs are transcriptionally or posttranscriptionally regulated in normal physiological conditions or diseases conditions such as restenosis or tumorigenesis.
- Chen, Z, Wu, J, Yang, C, Fan, P, Balazs, L, Jiao, Y, Lu, M, Gu, W, Li, C, Pfeffer, LM, Tigyi, G, Yue, J. DiGeorge syndrome critical region 8 (DGCR8) protein-mediated microRNA biogenesis is essential for vascular smooth muscle cell development in mice. J Biol Chem, 287 (23), 19018-28, 2012.
- Gotoh, M, Fujiwara, Y, Yue, J, Liu, J, Lee, S, Fells, J, Uchiyama, A, Murakami-Murofushi, K, Kennel, S, Wall, J, Patil, R, Gupte, R, Balazs, L, Miller, DD, Tigyi, GJ. Controlling cancer through the autotaxin-lysophosphatidic acid receptor axis. Biochem Soc Trans, 40 (1), 31-6, 2012.
- Yang, CH, Yue, J, Pfeffer, SR, Handorf, CR, Pfeffer, LM. MicroRNA miR-21 regulates the metastatic behavior of B16 melanoma cells. J Biol Chem, 286 (45), 39172-8, 2011.
- Dietrich, P, Yue, J, E, S, Dragatsis, I. Deletion of exon 20 of the Familial Dysautonomia gene Ikbkap in mice causes developmental delay, cardiovascular defects, and early embryonic lethality. PLoS One, 6 (10), e27015, 2011.
- Yue, J. miRNA and vascular cell movement. Adv Drug Deliv Rev, 63 (8), 616-22, 2011.
- Pan, Y, Balazs, L, Tigyi, G, Yue, J. Conditional deletion of Dicer in vascular smooth muscle cells leads to the developmental delay and embryonic mortality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 408 (3), 369-74, 2011.
- Slominski, AT, Kim, TK, Janjetovic, Z, Tuckey, RC, Bieniek, R, Yue, J, Li, W, Chen, J, Nguyen, MN, Tang, EK, Miller, D, Chen, TC, Holick, M. 20-Hydroxyvitamin D2 is a noncalcemic analog of vitamin D with potent antiproliferative and prodifferentiation activities in normal and malignant cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol, 300 (3), C526-41, 2011.
- Yang, CH, Yue, J, Fan, M, Pfeffer, LM. IFN induces miR-21 through a signal transducer and activator of transcription 3-dependent pathway as a suppressive negative feedback on IFN-induced apoptosis. Cancer Res, 70 (20), 8108-16, 2010.
- Tsukahara, T, Tsukahara, R, Fujiwara, Y, Yue, J, Cheng, Y, Guo, H, Bolen, A, Zhang, C, Balazs, L, Re, F, Du, G, Frohman, MA, Baker, DL, Parrill, AL, Uchiyama, A, Kobayashi, T, Murakami-Murofushi, K, Tigyi, G. Phospholipase D2-dependent inhibition of the nuclear hormone receptor PPARgamma by cyclic phosphatidic acid. Mol Cell, 39 (3), 421-32, 2010.
- Zhang, J, Lu, A, Li, L, Yue, J, Lu, Y. p16 Modulates VEGF expression via its interaction with HIF-1alpha in breast cancer cells. Cancer Invest, 28 (6), 588-97, 2010.
- Yue, J, Sheng, Y, Ren, A, Penmatsa, S. A miR-21 hairpin structure-based gene knockdown vector. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 394 (3), 667-72, 2010.
- Penmatsa, H, Zhang, W, Yarlagadda, S, Li, C, Conoley, VG, Yue, J, Bahouth, SW, Buddington, RK, Zhang, G, Nelson, DJ, Sonecha, MD, Manganiello, V, Wine, JJ, Naren, AP. Compartmentalized cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate at the plasma membrane clusters PDE3A and cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator into microdomains. Mol Biol Cell, 21 (6), 1097-110, 2010.
- Yue, J, Tigyi, G. Conservation of miR-15a/16-1 and miR-15b/16-2 clusters. Mamm Genome, 21 (1-2), 88-94, 2010.
- Yang, CH, Fan, M, Slominski, AT, Yue, J, Pfeffer, LM. The role of constitutively activated STAT3 in B16 melanoma cells. Int J Infereron Cytokine Mediator Res, 2010 (2), 1-7, 2010.
- Sheng, Y, Lin, CC, Yue, J, Sukhwani, M, Shuttleworth, JJ, Chu, T, Orwig, KE. Generation and characterization of a Tet-On (rtTA-M2) transgenic rat. BMC Dev Biol, 10, 17, 2010.
- Han, X, Yue, J, Chesney, RW. Functional TauT protects against acute kidney injury. J Am Soc Nephrol, 20 (6), 1323-32, 2009.
- E, S, Lai, YJ, Tsukahara, R, Chen, CS, Fujiwara, Y, Yue, J, Yu, JH, Guo, H, Kihara, A, Tigyi, G, Lin, FT. Lysophosphatidic acid 2 receptor-mediated supramolecular complex formation regulates its antiapoptotic effect. J Biol Chem, 284 (21), 14558-71, 2009.
- Dragatsis, I, Goldowitz, D, Del Mar, N, Deng, YP, Meade, CA, Liu, L, Sun, Z, Dietrich, P, Yue, J, Reiner, A. CAG repeat lengths &gt; or =335 attenuate the phenotype in the R6/2 Huntington's disease transgenic mouse. Neurobiol Dis, 33 (3), 315-30, 2009.
- Escamilla-Hernandez, R, Little-Ihrig, L, Orwig, KE, Yue, J, Chandran, U, Zeleznik, AJ. Constitutively active protein kinase A qualitatively mimics the effects of follicle-stimulating hormone on granulosa cell differentiation. Mol Endocrinol, 22 (8), 1842-52, 2008.
- Liu, L, Geisert, EE, Frankfurter, A, Spano, AJ, Jiang, CX, Yue, J, Dragatsis, I, Goldowitz, D. A transgenic mouse class-III beta tubulin reporter using yellow fluorescent protein. Genesis, 45 (9), 560-9, 2007.
- Yue, J, Sheng, Y, Orwig, KE. Identification of novel homologous microRNA genes in the rhesus macaque genome. BMC Genomics, 9, 8, 2007.
- Ji, R, Cheng, Y, Yue, J, Yang, J, Liu, X, Chen, H, Dean, DB, Zhang, C. MicroRNA expression signature and antisense-mediated depletion reveal an essential role of MicroRNA in vascular neointimal lesion formation. Circ Res, 100 (11), 1579-88, 2007.
- Cheng, Y, Ji, R, Yue, J, Yang, J, Liu, X, Chen, H, Dean, DB, Zhang, C. MicroRNAs are aberrantly expressed in hypertrophic heart: do they play a role in cardiac hypertrophy. Am J Pathol, 170 (6), 1831-40, 2007.
- Yue, J, Yokoyama, K, Balazs, L, Baker, DL, Smalley, D, Pilquil, C, Brindley, DN, Tigyi, G. Mice with transgenic overexpression of lipid phosphate phosphatase-1 display multiple organotypic deficits without alteration in circulating lysophosphatidate level. Cell Signal, 16 (3), 385-99, 2004.
- Tigyi, G, Fischer, DJ, Baker, D, Wang, DA, Yue, J, Nusser, N, Virag, T, Zsiros, V, Liliom, K, Miller, D, Parrill, A. Pharmacological characterization of phospholipid growth-factor receptors. Ann N Y Acad Sci, 905, 34-53, 2000.