JENNIFER D. MCLEVY-BAZZANELLA, MD
Fellowship trained in Pediatric Otolaryngology
Interests: Pediatric Airway, Airway Reconstruction, Swallowing Disorders, Ear & Microtia Reconstruction
LeBonheur Children's Hospital
St. Jude Research Hospital
430 910 MADISON BUILDING
910 MADISON AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 38163
Dr. Jennifer McLevy is a board certified otolaryngologist who subspecializes in Pediatric Otolaryngology. After achieving her medical degree at New York Medical College, she received her otolaryngology residency training at the University of California, Davis. Dr. McLevy then completed a two year fellowship in pediatric otolaryngology at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. McLevy focuses on pediatric otolaryngology. In particular, she specializes in difficult airways, swallowing disorders, pediatric trauma care, and ear reconstruction. She operates predominantly at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital. Dr. McLevy also operates at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, where she assists in the management of otolaryngology pathology in pediatric cancer patients.
As a member of the Otolaryngology Department of the University of Tennessee, Dr. McLevy is active in medical student and resident teaching. She participates in daily clinical training, has assisted in airway bootcamp, and is heading the otolaryngology journal club.
Clinical care specialist/interest
Difficult airways – management of stridor, laryngomalacia, subglottic stenosis and reconstruction
Dysphagia - diagnosis, functional endoscopic evaluation of swallow, and management
Head and neck trauma – repair of complex facial fractures, lacerations, and airway concerns
Ear reconstruction – rib graft cartilage grafts and microtia repair
Congenital neck masses – diagnosis and resection
910 Madison Avenue, Suite 406
Memphis, TN 38163
Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital
51 North Dunlap, Suite G10
Memphis, Tennessee 38105
100 North Humphries
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Management of subglottic stenosis – balloon plasty & laryngotracheal reconstruction
Inter-relationship between stridor, laryngomalacia, & gastroesophageal reflux
Pediatric facial skeleton trauma – methods of fixation
Speech and swallowing function in cleft patients
Middle ear effusion and eustachian tube dysfunction
Laryngomalacia, supraglottoplasty, subglottic stenosis, airway reconstruction
Microtia repair, rib graft
Tracheostomy Acute airway management
Publications and presentations
1. Pham, AM, McLevy, JD, Strong, EB. Computer Modeling in Maxillofacial Reconstruction. Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Volume 133, Issue 2, Pages P248-P249, August 2005.
2. McLevy, JD, Tinling, SP., Senders, CW. Tonsillectomy Technique and Degree of Thermal Injury. Poster Presentation; COSM, May 2008.
3. McLevy, JD, Silva, RC, Mandell, DL, Simons, JP, Haibeck, LE, Mehta, D. Use of Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing in the Management of Phagophobia in Children. Podium Presentation; SENTAC, December 2008.
4. McLevy JD, Li-Korotky HS, Cullen-Doyle A, Lo CY, Yuksel S, Dohar JE, Hebda PA. Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-1 Deficiency Lowers Middle Ear Inflammation Susceptibility in Eustachian Tube Obstruction Model. Podium Presentation; ASPO at COSM, May 2010.
5. McLevy JD, Alper CM. Status of Aspiration Before and After Supraglottoplasty for Laryngomalacia. Poster Presentation; ASPO at COSM, May 2010.
6. Challis M, McLevy JD, Thompson JW. Treatment of Lingual Thyroglossal Duct Cyst via Aspiration and Sclerotherapy: a Review of Two Cases. Poster Presentation; ASPO at COSM, April 2012.
7. Velargo PA. McLevy JD. A “Nail-biting” Case of an Airway Foreign Body. Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, 93(4-5):154, 156, April 2014.
8. Wood JW, Thornton B, Brown CS, McLevy JD, Thompson JW. Traumatic tracheal injury in children: a case series supporting conservative management. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015 May;79(5):716-20.
9. Thottam PJ, Silva RC, McLevy JD, Simons JP, Mehta DK. Use of fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) in the management of psychogenic dysphagia in children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015 Feb;79(2):108-10.
10. Thompson JW, Vieira F, Rutter M. Managing the Difficult Airway, A Surgeon’s Manual. Pediatric Airway Management, Chapter 8. London: JP Medical Publishers, 2016.
11. Giurintano J, Thornton B, McLevy JD, Thompson JW. Airway Foreign to Get “Charged Up About”. Poster Presentation; ABEA at COSM, May 2016.
12, Giurintano J, Moak JS, McLevy JD, Thompson JW. Rigid Bronchoscopy Through Trachea for Foreign Body. Poster Presentation; ABEA at COSM, May 2016.