Hudson, Joanna Q. PharmD, BCPS, FASN, FCCP, FNKF
Depts of Clinical Pharmacy and Medicine (Nephrology)
334 Pharmacy Building
- Other, Medical College of Virginia, Nephrology Fellowship
- Pharm.D., Medical College of Virginia, Pharmacy
- B.A., University of Virginia, Chemistry
Dr Hudson’s research interests include drug disposition in the kidney disease and during renal replacement therapy as well as therapeutic management of secondary complications of CKD.
Nephrology, dialysis, pharmacokinetics
Clinical Care Specialty/Interest
Clinical Specialist in Nephrology. Methodist University Hospital. Memphis, TN.
- Showkat, A, Bastnagel, WR, Hudson, JQ. Effect of α -Lipoic Acid on Oxidative Stress in End-Stage Renal Disease Patients Receiving Intravenous Iron. ISRN Nephrol, 2014, 634515, 2014.
- Sakaan, SA, Hudson, JQ, Oliphant, CS, Tolley, EA, Cummings, C, Alabdan, NA, Self, TH. Evaluation of warfarin dose requirements in patients with chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease. Pharmacotherapy, 34 (7), 695-702, 2014.
- Harris, LE, Reaves, AB, Krauss, AG, Griner, J, Hudson, JQ. Evaluation of antibiotic prescribing patterns in patients receiving sustained low-efficiency dialysis: opportunities for pharmacists. Int J Pharm Pract, 21 (1), 55-61, 2013.
- Hudson, JQ, Owens, HM, Fleckenstein, JF, Loveless, VS, Krauss, AG, Hak, LJ. Performance of methods to assess kidney function in a predominantly overweight sample of patients with liver disease. Ren Fail, 35 (2), 249-56, 2012.
- Freshour, JE, Hudson, JQ, Stevens, AB, Franks, AS. Epistaxis associated with dabigatran in an elderly patient with reduced creatinine clearance. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 69 (14), 1184-6, 2012.
- Pinner, NA, Canada, RB, Broyles, JE, Hudson, JQ. Evaluation of Vancomycin and Gentamicin Dialysis Clearance Using In Vivo and In Vitro Systems. Ren Fail, 2012.
- Twilla, JD, Finch, CK, Usery, JB, Gelfand, MS, Hudson, JQ, Broyles, JE. Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus bacteremia: an evaluation of treatment with linezolid or daptomycin. J Hosp Med, 7 (3), 243-8, 2012.
- Nyman, HA, Dowling, TC, Hudson, JQ, Peter, WL, Joy, MS, Nolin, TD. Comparative evaluation of the Cockcroft-Gault Equation and the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) study equation for drug dosing: an opinion of the Nephrology Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy, 31 (11), 1130-44, 2011.
- Hudson, JQ, Nyman, HA. Use of estimated glomerular filtration rate for drug dosing in the chronic kidney disease patient. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens, 20 (5), 482-91, 2011.
- McFarland, MS, Markley, BM, Zhang, P, Hudson, JQ. Evaluation of Modification of Diet in Renal Disease study and Cockcroft-Gault equations for sitagliptin dosing. J Nephrol, 0, 2011.
- Hudson, JQ, McNeely, EB, Green, CA, Jennings, LK. Assessment of eptifibatide clearance by hemodialysis using an in vitro system. Blood Purif, 30 (4), 266-71, 2010.
- Wilson, NS, Hudson, JQ, Cox, Z, King, T, Finch, CK. Hyperkalemia-induced paralysis. Pharmacotherapy, 29 (10), 1270-2, 2009.
- Hudson, JQ, Mason, DL, Huch, KM. Estimates of kidney function in obese African Americans with chronic kidney disease. Nephron Clin Pract, 118 (2), c101-8, 2009.
- Czosnowski, LM, Hudson, JQ, Canada, RB. Hypercalcemia associated with tertiary hyperparathyroidism managed conservatively with pamidronate in a hemodialysis patient. Am J Med Sci, 337 (4), 300-1, 2009.
- Hudson, JQ. Secondary hyperparathyroidism in chronic kidney disease: focus on clinical consequences and vitamin D therapies. Ann Pharmacother, 40 (9), 1584-93, 2006.
- Joy, MS, Kshirsagar, A, Candiani, C, Brooks, T, Hudson, JQ. Lanthanum carbonate. Ann Pharmacother, 40 (2), 234-40, 2006.
- Redmond, AM, Pentapaty, N, Weibel, J, Nolan, SF, Hudson, JQ, Self, T. Use of famotidine in adult patients with end-stage renal disease: assessment of dosing and mental status changes. Am J Med Sci, 330 (1), 8-10, 2005.
- Joy, MS, DeHart, RM, Gilmartin, C, Hachey, DM, Hudson, JQ, Pruchnicki, M, Dumo, P, Grabe, DW, Saseen, J, Zillich, AJ, ,. Clinical pharmacists as multidisciplinary health care providers in the management of CKD: a joint opinion by the Nephrology and Ambulatory Care Practice and Research Networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Am J Kidney Dis, 45 (6), 1105-18, 2005.
- Zillich, AJ, Saseen, JJ, Dehart, RM, Dumo, P, Grabe, DW, Gilmartin, C, Hachey, DM, Hudson, JQ, Pruchnicki, MC, Joy, MS, ,. Caring for patients with chronic kidney disease: a joint opinion of the ambulatory care and the nephrology practice and research networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy, 25 (1), 123-43, 2005.
- Hudson, JQ, Comstock, TJ, Feldman, GM. Evaluation of an in vitro dialysis system to predict drug removal. Nephrol Dial Transplant, 19 (2), 400-5, 2004.
- Crews, KR, Wimmer, PS, Hudson, JQ, Howard, SC, Ribeiro, RC, Razzouk, BI. Pharmacokinetics of 2-chlorodeoxyadenosine in a child undergoing hemofiltration and hemodialysis for acute renal failure. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol, 24 (8), 677-80, 2002.
- Hudson, JQ, Sameri, RM. Darbepoetin alfa, a new therapy for the management of anemia of chronic kidney disease. Pharmacotherapy, 22 (9 Pt 2), 141S-149S, 2002.
- Hudson, JQ, Comstock, TJ. Considerations for optimal iron use for anemia due to chronic kidney disease. Clin Ther, 23 (10), 1637-71, 2001.
- Hudson, JQ, Small, RE, Buckley, L. Perceptions of pharmacists about adverse effects of corticosteroid therapy: focus on osteoporosis. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash), 38 (6), 710-6, 1998.