Hudson, Joanna Q. PharmD, BCPS, FASN, FCCP, FNKF
Depts of Clinical Pharmacy and Medicine (Nephrology)
334 Pharmacy Building
- Other, Medical College of Virginia, Nephrology Fellowship
- Pharm.D., Medical College of Virginia, Pharmacy
- B.A., University of Virginia, Chemistry
Clinical Care Specialty/Interest
Clinical Specialist in Nephrology. Methodist University Hospital. Memphis, TN.
- Harris, LE, Reaves, AB, Krauss, AG, Griner, J, Hudson, JQ. Evaluation of antibiotic prescribing patterns in patients receiving sustained low-efficiency dialysis: opportunities for pharmacists. Int J Pharm Pract, 21 (1), 55-61, 2013.
- Hudson, JQ, Owens, HM, Fleckenstein, JF, Loveless, VS, Krauss, AG, Hak, LJ. Performance of methods to assess kidney function in a predominantly overweight sample of patients with liver disease. Ren Fail, 35 (2), 249-56, 2012.
- Freshour, JE, Hudson, JQ, Stevens, AB, Franks, AS. Epistaxis associated with dabigatran in an elderly patient with reduced creatinine clearance. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 69 (14), 1184-6, 2012.
- Pinner, NA, Canada, RB, Broyles, JE, Hudson, JQ. Evaluation of Vancomycin and Gentamicin Dialysis Clearance Using In Vivo and In Vitro Systems. Ren Fail, 2012.
- Twilla, JD, Finch, CK, Usery, JB, Gelfand, MS, Hudson, JQ, Broyles, JE. Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus bacteremia: an evaluation of treatment with linezolid or daptomycin. J Hosp Med, 7 (3), 243-8, 2012.
- Nyman, HA, Dowling, TC, Hudson, JQ, Peter, WL, Joy, MS, Nolin, TD. Comparative evaluation of the Cockcroft-Gault Equation and the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) study equation for drug dosing: an opinion of the Nephrology Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy, 31 (11), 1130-44, 2011.
- McFarland, MS, Markley, BM, Zhang, P, Hudson, JQ. Evaluation of Modification of Diet in Renal Disease study and Cockcroft-Gault equations for sitagliptin dosing. J Nephrol, 0, 2011.
- Hudson, JQ, Nyman, HA. Use of estimated glomerular filtration rate for drug dosing in the chronic kidney disease patient. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens, 20 (5), 482-91, 2011.
- Hudson, JQ, McNeely, EB, Green, CA, Jennings, LK. Assessment of eptifibatide clearance by hemodialysis using an in vitro system. Blood Purif, 30 (4), 266-71, 2010.
- Wilson, NS, Hudson, JQ, Cox, Z, King, T, Finch, CK. Hyperkalemia-induced paralysis. Pharmacotherapy, 29 (10), 1270-2, 2009.
- Hudson, JQ, Mason, DL, Huch, KM. Estimates of kidney function in obese African Americans with chronic kidney disease. Nephron Clin Pract, 118 (2), c101-8, 2009.
- Czosnowski, LM, Hudson, JQ, Canada, RB. Hypercalcemia associated with tertiary hyperparathyroidism managed conservatively with pamidronate in a hemodialysis patient. Am J Med Sci, 337 (4), 300-1, 2009.
- Hudson, JQ. Secondary hyperparathyroidism in chronic kidney disease: focus on clinical consequences and vitamin D therapies. Ann Pharmacother, 40 (9), 1584-93, 2006.
- Joy, MS, Kshirsagar, A, Candiani, C, Brooks, T, Hudson, JQ. Lanthanum carbonate. Ann Pharmacother, 40 (2), 234-40, 2006.
- Redmond, AM, Pentapaty, N, Weibel, J, Nolan, SF, Hudson, JQ, Self, T. Use of famotidine in adult patients with end-stage renal disease: assessment of dosing and mental status changes. Am J Med Sci, 330 (1), 8-10, 2005.
- Joy, MS, DeHart, RM, Gilmartin, C, Hachey, DM, Hudson, JQ, Pruchnicki, M, Dumo, P, Grabe, DW, Saseen, J, Zillich, AJ, ,. Clinical pharmacists as multidisciplinary health care providers in the management of CKD: a joint opinion by the Nephrology and Ambulatory Care Practice and Research Networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Am J Kidney Dis, 45 (6), 1105-18, 2005.
- Zillich, AJ, Saseen, JJ, Dehart, RM, Dumo, P, Grabe, DW, Gilmartin, C, Hachey, DM, Hudson, JQ, Pruchnicki, MC, Joy, MS, ,. Caring for patients with chronic kidney disease: a joint opinion of the ambulatory care and the nephrology practice and research networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy, 25 (1), 123-43, 2005.
- Hudson, JQ, Comstock, TJ, Feldman, GM. Evaluation of an in vitro dialysis system to predict drug removal. Nephrol Dial Transplant, 19 (2), 400-5, 2004.
- Crews, KR, Wimmer, PS, Hudson, JQ, Howard, SC, Ribeiro, RC, Razzouk, BI. Pharmacokinetics of 2-chlorodeoxyadenosine in a child undergoing hemofiltration and hemodialysis for acute renal failure. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol, 24 (8), 677-80, 2002.
- Hudson, JQ, Sameri, RM. Darbepoetin alfa, a new therapy for the management of anemia of chronic kidney disease. Pharmacotherapy, 22 (9 Pt 2), 141S-149S, 2002.
- Hudson, JQ, Comstock, TJ. Considerations for optimal iron use for anemia due to chronic kidney disease. Clin Ther, 23 (10), 1637-71, 2001.
- Hudson, JQ, Small, RE, Buckley, L. Perceptions of pharmacists about adverse effects of corticosteroid therapy: focus on osteoporosis. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash), 38 (6), 710-6, 1998.