JOHN M. HODGES, MD, FACS
Fellowship trained in Facial Plastics & Head & Neck Surgery
Interests: Facial Plastics, Head & Neck Cancer, Reconstruction
Chief of Methodist University Hospital Teaching Clinic
1325 EASTMORELAND # 450 MEMPHIS TN 381040000
- University of Florida, Tampa, Fellowship Facial Plastic & Reconstr. Surg
- University of Tennessee, Residency in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Clinical care specialist/interest
Dr. Hodges has an interested in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and in particular, he specializes in rhinoplasty, facelifts, blepharoplasty,and cleft lip/cleft palate repair. Dr. Hodges has been associated with the Craniofacial Anomaly Clinic at LeBonheur Children''s Medical Center.Dr. Hodges has devoted a significant portion of his professional time to serving others. For over 25 years. Hodges has undertaken numerous medical mission trips to Egypt, China, Vietnam, India, and The Philippines. These international trips included patient selection, live surgical demonstrations, and lecture to the local physicians. He was past chairman of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery’s Face-to-Face Committee which is a humanitarian outreach program. As a keynote speaker at the AAFPRS national meeting in Boston, Dr. Hodges received the Eugene Tardy Award from the AAFPRS in 2010 which acknowledged his commitment to teaching and service and a lifetime commitment to facial plastic surgery.
Area of teaching/subject
Dr. Hodges is board certified in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery as well facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Hodges has published numerous articles and has been a guest speaker both in the U.S. and abroad. He specializes in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and is particularly interested in rhinoplasty, face lifts, blepharoplasty, otoplasty, cleft lip/cleft palate repair and is active in international outreach including patient care and teaching.
- J.M. Hodges, C.W. Gross. Improving the Viability of Skin Flaps with Dicourmarol after Irradiation Animal Experimentation..
- JMHodges. Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome in GA Gates (ed) Current Therapy in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, C.V. Mosby: St Louis..
- JM Hodges. Clinical Management of Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome: A Retrospective Study of 448 Cases and Review of the Literature. Triological Thesis.
- JM Hodges. Soft Tissue Surgery: A Monograph for Medical Students and Residents..
- JM Hodges, AS McDevitt, A. El-Sayed. Juvenile Angiofibroma (JNA): Current Treatment Modalities and Future Considerations. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (61), 280-285, 2009.
- Marrs, CR, Sebelik, ME, Hodges, JM. Actinomycosis presenting as a temporal mass. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 132 (1), 163-4, 2005.
- JM Hodges. Managng the TMJ Syndrome. American Academy of Otolaryngology Instructional Course, 1990.
- Hodges, JM. Managing temporomandibular joint syndrome. Laryngoscope, 100 (1), 60-6, 1990.
- JM Hodges. Local Anesthesia Guidelines. American Academy of Otolaryngology Instructional Course, 1990.
- JM Hodges. Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome in K.J. Lee (ed) Textbook of Otolaryngology, C.V. Mosby, St. Louis., 1990.
- JM Hodges. Managng the Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome. Laryngoscope (100), 60-66, 1990.
- JM Hodges, G Thibadoux, W. Periram. Effects of Cranial Radiation on Hearing in Children with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. Journal of Pediatrics, 1980.
- JM Hodges. Post Operative Rhinoplasty Nasal Obstruction. International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologist & Otolaryngologists (XXII), 126, 1977.
- JM Hodges. Birth Nasal Deformities. International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologist & Otolaryngologists (XXII), 89, 1977.
- JM Hodges. Nasal Perforations of Non-Surgical Nature. International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologist & Otolaryngologists (XXII), 73, 1977.
- JM Hodges. Establishing a Diagnosis in Neck Nodules. International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologist & Otolaryngologists (XX), 4, 1976.
- JM Hodges. Management of Facial Lacerations. Southern Medical Journal, aa (69), 1413-7, 1976.
- JM Hodges. Preservation of Nasal Cartilage at Surgery for Later Use As Grafts. International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologist & Otolaryngologists (XX), 65, 1976.
- JM Hodges. Injection for Nasal Tip Swelling. International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologist & Otolaryngologists (XX), 74, 1975.
- JM Hodges. Post Operative Symptoms of Submandibular Gland Surgery. The International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologists & Otolaryngologists (XIX), 183, 1974.
- JM Hodges. Plastic Procedures for Forehead Scarring. International Correspondence Society of Ophthalmologist & Otolaryngologists (XIX), 74, 1974.
- JM Hodges, K. Burch. Teaching Rhinoplasty: Surgery with Television. Educational and Industrial Television, 11 (4), 1972.
- J.M. Hodges. Fractures of the Nose, Sinuses & Face in Charles Ferguson & E.L. Kendig, Jr. (eds.) Pediatric Otolaryngology, Vol II of Disorders of the Respiratory Tract in Children. W.B. Saunders: Philadelphia., 1972.
- J.M. Hodges, K. Burch. Television in Rhinoplasty Surgery: Rime Conference, AAMC Proceedings of the 11th Annual Conference on Research in Medical Education., 1972.
- J.M. Hodges. Noise and Conservation of Hearing. USARV Medical Bulletin, 2 (2), 1967.
- J.M. Hodges. Observations of External Otitis in Vietnam. USARV Medical Bulletin, 3 (2), 1967.