BAILEY, JAMES E. M.D., M.P.H.
Medicine-Gen Internal Med
D222b Coleman College Of Medicine Building
- Graetz, I, Kaplan, CM, Kaplan, EK, Bailey, JE, Waters, TM. The U.S. Health Insurance Marketplace: Are Premiums Truly Affordable. Ann Intern Med, 2014.
- Melton, C, Graff, C, Holmes, GN, Brown, L, Bailey, J. Health literacy and asthma management among African-American adults: an interpretative phenomenological analysis. J Asthma, 51 (7), 703-13, 2014.
- Thorn, SA, Carter, MA, Bailey, JE. Emergency physicians' perspectives on their use of health information exchange. Ann Emerg Med, 63 (3), 329-37, 2014.
- Ahn, S, Smith, ML, Cho, J, Bailey, JE, Ory, MG. Hypertension Awareness and Associated Factors among Older Chinese Adults. Front Public Health, 1, 67, 2013.
- Shirneshan, E, Bailey, J, Relyea, G, Franklin, BE, Solomon, DK, Brown, LM. Incremental direct medical expenditures associated with anxiety disorders for the U.S. adult population: evidence from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. J Anxiety Disord, 27 (7), 720-7, 2013.
- Bailey, JE, Pope, RA, Elliott, EC, Wan, JY, Waters, TM, Frisse, ME. Health information exchange reduces repeated diagnostic imaging for back pain. Ann Emerg Med, 62 (1), 16-24, 2013.
- Bailey, JE, Wan, JY, Mabry, LM, Landy, SH, Pope, RA, Waters, TM, Frisse, ME. Does health information exchange reduce unnecessary neuroimaging and improve quality of headache care in the emergency department. J Gen Intern Med, 28 (2), 176-83, 2013.
- Bailey, JE, Hajjar, M, Shoib, B, Tang, J, Ray, MM, Wan, JY. Risk Factors Associated with Antihypertensive Medication Nonadherence in a Statewide Medicaid Population. Am J Med Sci, 2012.
- Johnson, KB, Unertl, KM, Chen, Q, Lorenzi, NM, Nian, H, Bailey, J, Frisse, M. Health information exchange usage in emergency departments and clinics: the who, what, and why. J Am Med Inform Assoc, 18 (5), 690-7, 2011.
- Bailey, JE, Wan, JY, Tang, J, Ghani, MA, Cushman, WC. Antihypertensive medication adherence, ambulatory visits, and risk of stroke and death. J Gen Intern Med, 25 (6), 495-503, 2010.
- Russell, SC, Cutts, T, Bailey, JE. Consumer evaluation of three online health risk appraisals. Tenn Med, 101 (7), 43-7, 2008.
- Tang, J, Wan, JY, Bailey, JE. Performance of comorbidity measures to predict stroke and death in a community-dwelling, hypertensive Medicaid population. Stroke, 39 (7), 1938-44, 2008.
- Hall, CJ, Thompson, JW, Bailey, J. Health care reform: pediatric elective surgery payer mix and utilization under TennCare managed competition. Tenn Med, 100 (8), 41-5, 2007.
- Bailey, JE, Sprabery, LR. Inequitable funding may cause health care disparities. Arch Intern Med, 167 (12), 1226-8, 2007.
- Bailey, JE, Mirvis, DM, Key, CM, Kyte, RL, McCord, MJ. HealthCARE principles: a model for healthy city collaboratives. Prev Chronic Dis, 4 (2), A35, 2007.
- Connelly, SA, Sprabery, LR, Bailey, JE. Perceived impact of TennCare reform on patients' health in a medical teaching practice. Tenn Med, 99 (3), 33-6, 42, 2006.
- Bailey, JE, Gibson, D. Public reporting needed to improve the health of Tennesseans. Tenn Med, 98 (11), 539-40, 545, 2005.
- Bailey, JE, Van Brunt, DL, Somes, GW, Dorko, CS, Wan, JY. Impact of a statewide Medicaid managed care system on healthcare utilization and outcomes for people living with HIV. Am J Med Sci, 328 (6), 305-14, 2004.
- Bailey, JE, Gibson, DV, Jain, M, Connelly, SA, Ryder, KM, Dagogo-Jack, S. QSource quality initiative. Reversing the diabetes epidemic in Tennessee. Tenn Med, 96 (12), 559-63, 2003.
- Womeodu, RJ, Graney, MJ, Gibson, DV, Bailey, JE. Diabetic patient experiences in a Medicaid managed care system. Tenn Med, 96 (10), 465-9, 2003.
- Bailey, JE, Van Brunt, DL, Raffanti, SP, Long, WJ, Jenkins, PH. Improvements in access to care for HIV and AIDS in a statewide Medicaid managed care system. Am J Manag Care, 9 (9), 595-602, 2003.
- Mirvis, DM, Bailey, JE, Chang, CF. TennCare--Medicaid managed care in Tennessee in jeopardy. Am J Manag Care, 8 (1), 57-68, 2002.
- Bailey, JE, Womeodu, RJ, Wan, JY, Van Brunt, DL, Somes, GW. Improvements in diabetes management and outcomes in a Medicaid managed care system. Tenn Med, 94 (11), 425-30, 2001.
- Bailey, JE, Van Brunt, DL, Mirvis, DM, McDaniel, S, Spears, CR, Chang, CF, Schaberg, DR. Academic managed care organizations and adverse selection under Medicaid managed care in Tennessee. JAMA, 282 (11), 1067-72, 1999.
- Bailey, JE, Bush, AJ, Bertram, PD, Somes, GW. Physicians' experiences with Medicaid managed care: the Tennessee American College of physicians survey on TennCare. Tenn Med, 91 (8), 313-6, 1998.
- Pahor, M, Shorr, RI, Somes, GW, Cushman, WC, Ferrucci, L, Bailey, JE, Elam, JT, Applegate, WB. Diuretic-based treatment and cardiovascular events in patients with mild renal dysfunction enrolled in the systolic hypertension in the elderly program. Arch Intern Med, 158 (12), 1340-5, 1998.
- Chang, CF, Kiser, LJ, Bailey, JE, Martins, M, Gibson, WC, Schaberg, KA, Mirvis, DM, Applegate, WB. Tennessee's failed managed care program for mental health and substance abuse services. JAMA, 279 (11), 864-9, 1998.
- Shorr, RI, Johnson, KC, Wan, JY, Sutton-Tyrrell, K, Pahor, M, Bailey, JE, Applegate, WB. The prognostic significance of asymptomatic carotid bruits in the elderly. J Gen Intern Med, 13 (2), 86-90, 1998.
- Richey, PA, Jones, CL, Harshfield, GA, Somes, GW, Johnson, KC, Bailey, JE, Soberman, JE. The AM5600 ambulatory blood pressure recording system. Blood Press Monit, 2 (4), 193-195, 1997.
- Bailey, JE, Kellermann, AL, Somes, GW, Banton, JG, Rivara, FP, Rushforth, NP. Risk factors for violent death of women in the home. Arch Intern Med, 157 (7), 777-82, 1997.
- Bailey, JE, Lee, MD, Somes, GW, Graham, RL. Risk factors for antihypertensive medication refill failure by patients under Medicaid managed care. Clin Ther, 18 (6), 1252-62, 1996.
- Bailey, JE, Coombs, DW. Effectiveness of an Indonesian model for rapid training of Guatemalan health workers in diarrhea case management. J Community Health, 21 (4), 269-76, 1996.
- Bailey, JE, Womeodu, RJ. Prevention in managed care: obstacles and opportunities. J Tenn Med Assoc, 89 (4), 122-5, 1996.
- Womeodu, RJ, Bailey, JE. Barriers to cancer screening. Med Clin North Am, 80 (1), 115-33, 1996.