Haavi Morreim, JD, PhD
STE G212, COLEMAN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE BUILDING
956 COURT AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 381630000
- Morreim, H. The devil in the detail(ing). Am J Bioeth, 10 (1), 15-7, 2010.
- Morreim, H. The dirty little truth: we want them to understand, but not really... Am J Bioeth, 9 (2), 9-11, 2009.
- Morreim, EH. High-deductible health plans: litigation hazards for health insurers. Health Matrix Clevel, 18 (1), 1-64, 2009.
- Morreim, H. The sex kitten of bioethics? Research ethics comes of age. Hastings Cent Rep, 38 (5), 4-5, 2008.
- Morreim, EH. Consumer-defined health plans: emerging challenges from tort and contract. J Health Law, 39 (3), 307-48, 2007.
- Morreim, H, Mack, MJ, Sade, RM. Surgical innovation: too risky to remain unregulated. Ann Thorac Surg, 82 (6), 1957-65, 2006.
- Morreim, EH, Webb, GE, Gordon, HL, Brody, B, Casarett, D, Rosenfeld, K, Sabin, J, Lantos, JD, Morenz, B, Krouse, R, Goodman, S. Innovation in human research protection: the AbioCor artificial heart trial. Am J Bioeth, 6 (5), W6-16, 2006.
- Morreim, EH. End-stage heart disease, high-risk research, and competence to consent: the case of the AbioCor artificial heart. Perspect Biol Med, 49 (1), 19-34, 2006.
- Morreim, EH. Surgically implanted devices: ethical challenges in a very different kind of research. Thorac Surg Clin, 15 (4), 555-63, viii, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. The clinical investigator as fiduciary: discarding a misguided idea. J Law Med Ethics, 33 (3), 586-98, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. Civil disobedience: the devil is in the details. Hastings Cent Rep, 35 (4), 4; author reply 5-6, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. Beyond the lies: solving the problem. Am J Bioeth, 4 (4), 61-3, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. About face: downplaying the role of the press in facial transplantation research. Am J Bioeth, 4 (3), 27-9; discussion W23-31, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. Another kind of end-run: status upgrades. Am J Bioeth, 5 (4), 11-2, 2005.
- Morreim, H. Research versus innovation: real differences. Am J Bioeth, 5 (1), 42-3; author reply W15-8, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. Clinical trials litigation: practical realities as seen from the trenches. Account Res, 12 (1), 47-67, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. By any other name: the many iterations of &quot;patient advocate&quot; in clinical research. IRB, 26 (6), 1-8, 2005.
- Morreim, EH. Litigation in clinical research: malpractice doctrines versus research realities. J Law Med Ethics, 32 (3), 474-84, 2004.
- Morreim, EH. High-profile research &amp; the media. The case of the AbioCor artificial heart. Hastings Cent Rep, 34 (1), 11-24, 2004.
- Morreim, EH. Medicine meets resource limits: restructuring the legal standard of care. Univ Pittsbg Law Rev, 59 (1), 1-95, 2003.
- Morreim, EH. A dose of our own medicine: alternative medicine, conventional medicine, and the standards of science. J Law Med Ethics, 31 (2), 222-35, 2003.
- Morreim, EH. ERISA takes a drubbing: Rush Prudential and its implications for health care. Tort Trial Insur Pract Law J, 38 (3), 933-61, 2003.
- Morreim, EH. Professionalism and clinical autonomy in the practice of medicine. Mt Sinai J Med, 69 (6), 370-7, 2002.
- Morreim, EH. Supreme Court rejects preemption in ERISA benefits dispute. Rush Prudential, Inc. v. Moran. Hosp Law Newsl, 20 (1), 1-5, 2002.
- Morreim, EH. Result-based compensation in health care: a good, but limited, idea. J Law Med Ethics, 29 (2), 174-81, 2001.
- Morreim, EH. From the clinics to the courts: the role evidence should play in litigating medical care. J Health Polit Policy Law, 26 (2), 409-27, 2001.
- Morreim, EH. Quality of life: erosions and opportunities under managed care. J Law Med Ethics, 28 (2), 144-58, 2001.
- Morreim, EH. Ethical imperatives of medical errors. Healthc Exec, 15 (4), 56-7, 2001.
- Morreim, EH. Confusion in the courts: managed care financial structures and their impact on medical care. Tort Insur Law J, 35 (3), 699-728, 2000.
- Morreim, EH. Assessing quality of care: new twists from managed care. J Clin Ethics, 10 (2), 88-99, 2000.
- Morreim, EH. Revenue streams and clinical discretion. J Am Geriatr Soc, 46 (3), 331-7, 1998.
- Morreim, EH. Bioethics, expertise, and the courts: an overview and an argument for inevitability. J Med Philos, 22 (4), 291-5, 1997.
- Morreim, EH. Managed care, ethics, and academic health centers: maximizing potential, minimizing drawbacks. Acad Med, 72 (5), 332-40, 1997.
- Morreim, EH. To tell the truth: disclosing the incentives and limits of managed care. Am J Manag Care, 3 (1), 35-43, 1997.
- Morreim, EH. Moral problem-solving in managed care. J Am Coll Dent, 63 (4), 43-8, 1996.
- Morreim, EH. Lifestyles of the risky and infamous. From managed care to managed lives. Hastings Cent Rep, 25 (6), 5-12, 1995.
- Morreim, EH. Of rescue and responsibility: learning to live with limits. J Med Philos, 19 (5), 455-70, 1994.