HASSAN ALMOAZEN, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Director of Pharmaceutical Sciences Ph.D. program and PharmD/Ph.D. dual degree program
454 PHARMACY BUILDING
881 MADISON AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 38163
- Ph.D., Long Island University, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- B.S., Damascus University, Syria, Pharmacy
In the past several years, my laboratory has developed several drug delivery systems which are related to pediatrics. We do taste masking, increasing solubility and stability (as needed), develop oral, transdermal and other specialized drug delivery systems in addition to evaluating bioavailability.
Enhancing solubility of poorly soluble compounds
Enhancing stability of poorly stable compounds
Transdermal delivery of Iodide ion
Pediatric Drug Delivery Systems
- Lou, H, Liu, M, Wang, L, Mishra, SR, Qu, W, Johnson, J, Brunson, E, Almoazen, H. Development of a mini-tablet of co-grinded prednisone-neusilin complex for pediatric use. AAPS PharmSciTech, 14 (3), 950-8, 2013.
- Sidhom, MB, Rivera, N, Almoazen, H, Taft, DR, Kirschenbaum, HL. Stability of Sotalol Hydrochloride in Extemporaneously Prepared Oral Suspension Formulations. Int J Pharm Compd, 9 (5), 402-406, 2013.
- Wheless, JW, Almoazen, H. A novel topical rapamycin cream for the treatment of facial angiofibromas in tuberous sclerosis complex. J Child Neurol, 28 (7), 933-6, 2013.
- Lou, H, Liu, M, Qu, W, Johnson, J, Brunson, E, Almoazen, H. The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Pharm Dev Technol, 2013.
- Lou, H, Liu, M, Qu, W, Hu, Z, Brunson, E, Johnson, J, Almoazen, H. Evaluation of Chlorpheniramine Maleate microparticles in orally disintegrating film and orally disintegrating tablet for pediatrics. Drug Dev Ind Pharm, 2013.
- Lou, H, Qiu, N, Crill, C, Helms, R, Almoazen, H. Development of w/o microemulsion for transdermal delivery of iodide ions. AAPS PharmSciTech, 14 (1), 168-76, 2013.
- Anand, O, Almoazen, H, Mehrotra, N, Johnson, J, Shukla, A. Controlled release of modified insulin glargine from novel biodegradable injectable gels. AAPS PharmSciTech, 13 (1), 313-22, 2012.
- Almoazen, H, Samsa, AC, May, CN. Why analytical testing is needed in pharmaceutical compounding. Am J Pharm Educ, 74 (2), 32c, 2010.
- Almoazen, H, Bhattacharjee, H, Samsa, AC, Pate, S. Stability of mesna in ReadyMed infusion devices. Ann Pharmacother, 44 (1), 224-5, 2010.
- Wall, GC, Almoazen, H, Maki, ED. Lack of a physicochemical interaction between metronidazole and cholestyramine. Int J Antimicrob Agents, 30 (4), 372-4, 2007.
- Li, S, Wong, S, Sethia, S, Almoazen, H, Joshi, YM, Serajuddin, AT. Investigation of solubility and dissolution of a free base and two different salt forms as a function of pH. Pharm Res, 22 (4), 628-35, 2005.
- Savant, IA, Kalis, M, Almoazen, H, Ortiz, SR, AbuTarif, M, Taft, DR. Alternative high-performance liquid chromatographic assay for p-aminohippuric acid (PAH): effect of aging on PAH excretion in the isolated perfused rat kidney. J Pharm Biomed Anal, 26 (5-6), 687-99, 2001.