FRANCESCO GIORGIANNI, Ph.D.
456 Pharmacy Building
- M.B.A., University of Memphis, Tennessee, Finance
- Ph.D., University of Akron, Ohio, Biochemistry
- M.S., University of Messina, Italy, Biological sciences
Mitochondrial dysfunction in heart disease
Oxidative stress, inflammation and autoimmunity in age-related macular degeneration
Phosphoproteome discovery in human pituitary; quantification of phosphorylated GH
Novel bioanalytical strategies for proteomics
Proteomics and phosphoproteomics; biological mass spectrometry; protein analytics; protein chemistry and enzymology.
Proteomics; bioanalytics; mass spectrometry; protein chemistry.
- Dong, Q, Giorgianni, F, Deng, X, Beranova-Giorgianni, S, Bridges, D, Park, EA, Raghow, R, Elam, MB. Phosphorylation of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1a by protein kinase A (PKA) regulates transcriptional activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 449 (4), 449-54, 2014.
- Giorgianni, F, Koirala, D, Weber, KT, Beranova-Giorgianni, S. Proteome analysis of subsarcolemmal cardiomyocyte mitochondria: a comparison of different analytical platforms. Int J Mol Sci, 15 (6), 9285-301, 2014.
- Giorgianni, F, Usman Khan, M, Weber, KT, Gerling, IC, Beranova-Giorgianni, S. Phosphoproteome mapping of cardiomyocyte mitochondria in a rat model of heart failure. Mol Cell Biochem, 389 (1-2), 159-67, 2014.
- Giorgianni, F, Koirala, D, Beranova-Giorgianni, S.. Proteomics of the human pituitary: bioanalytical methods and applications.. Bioanalysis, 2014.
- Giorgianni, F, Mileo, V, Desiderio, DM, Catinella, S, Beranova-Giorgianni, S. Characterization of the phosphoproteome in human bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. Int J Proteomics, 2012, 460261, 2012.
- Chen, L, Fang, B, Giorgianni, F, Gingrich, JR, Beranova-Giorgianni, S. Investigation of phosphoprotein signatures of archived prostate cancer tissue specimens via proteomic analysis. Electrophoresis, 32 (15), 1984-91, 2011.
- Wang, X, Tong, Y, Giorgianni, F, Beranova-Giorgianni, S, Penn, JS, Jablonski, MM. Cellular retinol binding protein 1 modulates photoreceptor outer segment folding in the isolated eye. Dev Neurobiol, 70 (9), 623-35, 2010.
- Nookala, S, Gandrakota, R, Wohabrebbi, A, Wang, X, Howell, D, Giorgianni, F, Beranova-Giorgianni, S, Desiderio, DM, Jablonski, MM. In search of the identity of the XAP-1 antigen: a protein localized to cone outer segments. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 51 (5), 2736-43, 2010.
- Chen, L, Giorgianni, F, Beranova-Giorgianni, S. Characterization of the phosphoproteome in LNCaP prostate cancer cells by in-gel isoelectric focusing and tandem mass spectrometry. J Proteome Res, 9 (1), 174-8, 2010.
- Beranova-Giorgianni, S, Desiderio, DM, Giorgianni, F. Phosphoproteome analysis by in-gel isoelectric focusing and tandem mass spectrometry. Methods Mol Biol, 519, 383-96, 2009.
- Wang, X, Nookala, S, Narayanan, C, Giorgianni, F, Beranova-Giorgianni, S, McCollum, G, Gerling, I, Penn, JS, Jablonski, MM. Proteomic analysis of the retina: removal of RPE alters outer segment assembly and retinal protein expression. Glia, 57 (4), 380-92, 2009.
- Suzuki, T, Elias, BC, Seth, A, Shen, L, Turner, JR, Giorgianni, F, Desiderio, D, Guntaka, R, Rao, R. PKC eta regulates occludin phosphorylation and epithelial tight junction integrity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 106 (1), 61-6, 2009.
- Elias, BC, Suzuki, T, Seth, A, Giorgianni, F, Kale, G, Shen, L, Turner, JR, Naren, A, Desiderio, DM, Rao, R. Phosphorylation of Tyr-398 and Tyr-402 in occludin prevents its interaction with ZO-1 and destabilizes its assembly at the tight junctions. J Biol Chem, 284 (3), 1559-69, 2009.
- Pabst, MJ, Pabst, KM, Handsman, DB, Beranova-Giorgianni, S, Giorgianni, F. Proteome of monocyte priming by lipopolysaccharide, including changes in interleukin-1beta and leukocyte elastase inhibitor. Proteome Sci, 6, 13, 2007.
- Giorgianni, F, Zhao, Y, Desiderio, DM, Beranova-Giorgianni, S. Toward a global characterization of the phosphoproteome in prostate cancer cells: identification of phosphoproteins in the LNCaP cell line. Electrophoresis, 28 (12), 2027-34, 2007.
- Sheth, P, Seth, A, Atkinson, KJ, Gheyi, T, Kale, G, Giorgianni, F, Desiderio, DM, Li, C, Naren, A, Rao, R. Acetaldehyde dissociates the PTP1B-E-cadherin-beta-catenin complex in Caco-2 cell monolayers by a phosphorylation-dependent mechanism. Biochem J, 402 (2), 291-300, 2007.
- Beranova-Giorgianni, S, Zhao, Y, Desiderio, DM, Giorgianni, F. Phosphoproteomic analysis of the human pituitary. Pituitary, 9 (2), 109-20, 2006.
- Zhao, Y, Giorgianni, F, Desiderio, DM, Fang, B, Beranova-Giorgianni, S. Toward a global analysis of the human pituitary proteome by multiple gel-based technology. Anal Chem, 77 (16), 5324-31, 2005.
- Zhan, X, Giorgianni, F, Desiderio, DM. Proteomics analysis of growth hormone isoforms in the human pituitary. Proteomics, 5 (5), 1228-41, 2005.
- Giorgianni, F, Cappiello, A, Beranova-Giorgianni, S, Palma, P, Trufelli, H, Desiderio, DM. LC-MS/MS analysis of peptides with methanol as organic modifier: improved limits of detection. Anal Chem, 76 (23), 7028-38, 2004.
- Tannu, NS, Rao, VK, Chaudhary, RM, Giorgianni, F, Saeed, AE, Gao, Y, Raghow, R. Comparative proteomes of the proliferating C(2)C(12) myoblasts and fully differentiated myotubes reveal the complexity of the skeletal muscle differentiation program. Mol Cell Proteomics, 3 (11), 1065-82, 2004.