Chasity Michelle Shelton, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCNSP
Dept of Clinical Pharmacy
343 Pharmacy Building
- PGY-2 Residency, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center & Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, Memphis, TN, Advanced Pediatric Pharmacotherapy & Academia
- PGY-1 Residency, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center & Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, Memphis, TN, Pediatric Pharmacotherapy
- Pharm.D., The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Pharmacy
- B.S., The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, Microbiology
Honors and Awards
2014 SGAEC Excellence in Teaching Award
Clinical Care Specialty/Interest
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Clinical Pharmacy Specialist 2014-present
Pediatric Parenteral Nutrition Clinical Pharmacy Specialist 2012-2014
Neonatal Clinical Pharmacy Specialist 2007-2011
Pediatrics Infectious Diseases
- Alford, EL, Chhim, RF, Crill, CM, Hastings, MC, Ault, BH, Shelton, CM. Glomerular filtration rate equations do not accurately predict vancomycin trough concentrations in pediatric patients. Ann Pharmacother, 48 (6), 691-6, 2014.
- Daniels, CC, Shelton, CM, Bass, PJ, Wang, WC, Suda, KJ. Limb swelling in a pediatric sickle cell patient after revaccination with pneumococcal vaccine. Int J Clin Pharm, 36 (2), 261-3, 2014.
- Suda, KJ, Greene, J, Shelton, CM. Geographic location of antiretroviral clinical trials in HIV infected pediatric patients. Int J Clin Pharm, 35 (6), 1203-7, 2013.
- Chhim, RF, Shelton, CM, Christensen, ML. Recent new drug approvals, part 2: drugs undergoing active clinical studies in children. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 18 (1), 14-38, 2013.
- Karimi Khaledi, M, Suda, KJ, Shelton, CM. Tardive dyskinesia after short-term treatment with oral metoclopramide in an adolescent. Int J Clin Pharm, 34 (6), 822-4, 2012.
- Shelton, CM, Chhim, RF, Christensen, ML. Recent new drug approvals. Part 1: drugs with pediatric indications. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 17 (4), 329-39, 2012.
- Hicks, JK, Shelton, CM, Sahni, JK, Christensen, ML. Retrospective evaluation of enoxaparin dosing in patients 48 weeks' postmenstrual age or younger in a neonatal intensive care unit. Ann Pharmacother, 46 (7-8), 943-51, 2012.
- Shelton, CM, Clark, AJ, Storm, MC, Helms, RA. Plasma amino Acid concentrations in 108 children receiving a pediatric amino Acid formulation as part of parenteral nutrition. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 15 (2), 110-8, 2010.