Brown, Candace, MSN, PharmD
Professor, Department of Clinical Pharmacy
Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Professor, Department of Psychiatry
458 PHARMACY BUILDING
881 MADISON AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 38163
Download My Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Candace Brown is currently a Professor in the Departments of Clinical Pharmacy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Psychiatry at the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in Memphis. She holds a M.S. in Psychology, a M.S.N. in Nursing, and a Doctorate in Pharmacy. She completed a Pharmacy Residency and a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Psychopharmacology, and a Sabbatical at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She is board certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner, a Clinical Specialist in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, and by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) as a Sex Therapist. She has participated in NIH study sections and serves as a consultant for approximately 15 pharmaceutical corporations. She has presented at over 150 international, national, regional and local professional meetings. She is on the editorial board for Annals of Pharmacotherapy and is a reviewer for the Journal of Pain, Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Journal of Reproductive Medicine, Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology, Journal of Sexual Medicine, Journal of Women’s Health and Archives of General Psychiatry. She has 174 peer-reviewed publications, and has been a principle investigator in 55 multicenter and single center clinical trials and collaborating investigator in 20 other trials. She is currently the principal investigator in a multicenter clinical trial in vulvodynia funded by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), and was a co-investigator on a previous NICHD Clinical Trial. Her areas of research interest include chronic pain, vulvodynia, and sexual disorders in women. She may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
MS Pschology Central Washington University
MSN Nursing University of Tennessee
PharmD University of Washington
- Brown, CS, Wan, J, Bachmann, G, Rosen, R. Self-management, amitriptyline, and amitripyline plus triamcinolone in the management of vulvodynia. J Womens Health (Larchmt), 18 (2), 163-9, 2009.
- Brown, CS, Franks, AS, Wan, J, Ling, FW. Citalopram in the treatment of women with chronic pelvic pain: an open-label trial. J Reprod Med, 53 (3), 191-5, 2008.
- Brown, CS, Glazer, HI, Vogt, V, Menkes, D, Bachmann, G. Subjective and objective outcomes of botulinum toxin type A treatment in vestibulodynia: pilot data. J Reprod Med, 51 (8), 635-41, 2006.
- Brown, CS, Farmer, RG, Soberman, JE, Eichner, SF. Pharmacokinetic factors in the adverse cardiovascular effects of antipsychotic drugs. Clin Pharmacokinet, 43 (1), 33-56, 2004.
- Brown, CS, Ling, FW, Wan, JY, Pilla, AA. Efficacy of static magnetic field therapy in chronic pelvic pain: a double-blind pilot study. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 187 (6), 1581-7, 2002.
- Brown, CS, Mitchel, JT. Recruiting patients for female sexual arousal disorder studies. J Sex Marital Ther, 27 (5), 443-51, 2001.
- Brown, CS. Depression and anxiety disorders. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am, 28 (2), 241-68, 2001.
- Parker, NG, Brown, CS. Citalopram in the treatment of depression. Ann Pharmacother, 34 (6), 761-71, 2000.
- Brown, CS, Markowitz, JS, Moore, TR, Parker, NG. Atypical antipsychotics: Part II: Adverse effects, drug interactions, and costs. Ann Pharmacother, 33 (2), 210-7, 1999.
- Cyr, M, Brown, CS. Current drug therapy recommendations for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Drugs, 56 (2), 215-23, 1998.
- Cyr, M, Brown, CS. Nefazodone: its place among antidepressants. Ann Pharmacother, 30 (9), 1006-12, 1996.
- Chen, Q, Harris, C, Brown, CS, Howe, A, Surmeier, DJ, Reiner, A. Glutamate-mediated excitotoxic death of cultured striatal neurons is mediated by non-NMDA receptors. Exp Neurol, 136 (2), 212-24, 1995.
- DeMonico, SO, Brown, CS, Ling, FW. Premenstrual syndrome. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol, 6 (6), 499-502, 1994.
- Brown, CS, Ling, FW, Andersen, RN, Farmer, RG, Arheart, KL. Efficacy of depot leuprolide in premenstrual syndrome: effect of symptom severity and type in a controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol, 84 (5), 779-86, 1994.
- Brown, CS. Treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a critical review. DICP, 25 (11), 1207-13, 1991.
- Wells, BG, Cold, JA, Marken, PA, Brown, CS, Chu, CC, Johnson, RP, Nasdahl, CS, Ayubi, MA, Knott, DH, Arheart, KL. A placebo-controlled trial of nadolol in the treatment of neuroleptic-induced akathisia. J Clin Psychiatry, 52 (6), 255-60, 1991.
- Brown, CS, Rakel, RE, Wells, BG, Downs, JM, Akiskal, HS. A practical update on anxiety disorders and their pharmacologic treatment. Arch Intern Med, 151 (5), 873-84, 1991.
- Brown, CS, Wells, BG, Cold, JA, Froemming, JH, Self, TH, Jabbour, JT. Possible influence of carbamazepine on plasma imipramine concentrations in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol, 10 (5), 359-62, 1990.
- Wells, BG, Marken, PA, Rickman, LA, Brown, CS, Hamann, G, Grimmig, J. Characterizing anticholinergic abuse in community mental health. J Clin Psychopharmacol, 9 (6), 431-5, 1989.
- Brown, CS, Kent, TA, Bryant, SG, Gevedon, RM, Campbell, JL, Felthous, AR, Barratt, ES, Rose, RM. Blood platelet uptake of serotonin in episodic aggression. Psychiatry Res, 27 (1), 5-12, 1989.
- Brown, CS, Bryant, SG. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors: safety and efficacy issues. Drug Intell Clin Pharm, 22 (3), 232-5, 1988.