CHARLES R. HANDORF, Ph.D., M.D., B.A.
531 930 Madison Building
930 Madison Avenue
Memphis Tn 38163
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Medicinal Chemistry
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Medicine
- A.B., Rice University, Houston, TX, Chemistry
- Edwards, NM, Claridge, JA, Shell, DH, Handorf, CR, Croce, MA, Fabian, TC. The effect of bacterial contamination on neointimal hyperplasia in vascular grafts. Am Surg, 72 (12), 1168-74; discussion 1174-5, 2006.
- Noah, PW, Handorf, CR, Skinner, RB, Mandrell, TD, Rosenberg, EW. Skin basement membrane zone: a depository for circulating microbial antigen evoking psoriasis and autoimmunity. Skinmed, 5 (2), 72-9; quiz 80-1, 2006.
- Cagiannos, C, Abul-Khoudoud, OR, DeRijk, W, Shell, DH, Jennings, LK, Tolley, EA, Handorf, CR, Fabian, TC. Rapamycin-coated expanded polytetrafluoroethylene bypass grafts exhibit decreased anastomotic neointimal hyperplasia in a porcine model. J Vasc Surg, 42 (5), 980-8, 2005.
- Jernigan, TW, Croce, MA, Cagiannos, C, Shell, DH, Handorf, CR, Fabian, TC. Small intestinal submucosa for vascular reconstruction in the presence of gastrointestinal contamination. Ann Surg, 239 (5), 733-8; discussion 738-40, 2004.
- Shanklin, DR, Smalley, DL, Handorf, CR. Neonatal adrenal failure due to congenital lipoid hyperplasia of cortex. Tenn Med, 97 (1), 39-40, 2004.
- Kraus, LM, Gaber, L, Handorf, CR, Marti, HP, Kraus, AP. Carbamoylation of glomerular and tubular proteins in patients with kidney failure: a potential mechanism of ongoing renal damage. Swiss Med Wkly, 131 (11-12), 139-4, 2001.
- Handorf, CR. Assuring quality in laboratory testing at the point of care. Clin Chim Acta, 260 (2), 207-16, 1997.
- Jaster, JH, Dohan, FC, Bertorini, TE, Bass, JE, MÃ¶nkemÃ¼ller, KE, Handorf, CR, Gerald, BE. Solitary spinal cord sarcoidosis without other manifestations of systemic sarcoidosis. Clin Imaging, 21 (1), 17-22, 1997.
- Chisolm, JC, Handorf, CR. Further observations on the etiology of pre-eclampsia: mobilization of toxic cadmium-metallothionein into the serum during pregnancy. Med Hypotheses, 47 (2), 123-8, 1996.
- Jaster, JH, Bertorini, TE, Dohan, FC, O'Brien, TF, Wang, H, Becske, T, Menke, PG, Handorf, CR, Horner, LH, MÃ¶nkemÃ¼ller, KE. Solitary focal demyelination in the brain as a paraneoplastic disorder. Med Pediatr Oncol, 26 (2), 111-5, 1996.
- Handorf, CR. College of American Pathologists Conference XXVIII on alternate site testing: introduction. Arch Pathol Lab Med, 119 (10), 867-73, 1995.
- Handorf, CR. Quality control and quality management of alternate-site testing. Clin Lab Med, 14 (3), 539-57, 1994.
- Handorf, CR. Background--setting the stage for alternate-site laboratory testing. Clin Lab Med, 14 (3), 451-8, 1994.
- Kraus, LM, Elberger, AJ, Handorf, CR, Pabst, MJ, Kraus, AP. Urea-derived cyanate forms epsilon-amino-carbamoyl-lysine (homocitrulline) in leukocyte proteins in patients with end-stage renal disease on peritoneal dialysis. J Lab Clin Med, 123 (6), 882-91, 1994.
- Handorf, CR. De Mortuis. J Tenn Med Assoc, 85 (8), 388, 1992.
- Chisolm, JC, Handorf, CR. Increased absorption of and sensitivity to cadmium during late pregnancy: is there a relationship between markedly decreased maternal cadmium binding protein (metallothionein) and pregnancy-induced hypertension. Med Hypotheses, 24 (4), 347-51, 1987.