Catherine M. Crill, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, BCNSP
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy and Pediatrics
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
229 Pharmacy Building
881 Madison Avenue
Memphis Tn 38163
- 1997 - 1999, Fellowship, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis, TN, Pediatric Pharmacotherapy and Nutrition Support
- 1996 - 1997, Residency, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital and The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Pediatric Pharmacotherapy
- 1992 - 1996, Pharm.D., The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Pharmacy
- 1989 - 1992, B.S., The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Liberal Arts
Neonatal and Pediatric Parenteral Nutrition, specifically:
- Micronutrition (mineral provision and homeostasis, carnitine supplementation)
- Complications (catheter related bloodstream infections, lipid sterility, liver disease, micronutrient deficiency)
- Parenteral nutrition safety
Clinical Care Specialty/Interest
Director and Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Parenteral Nutrition Service, Le Bonheur Children''s Hospital, Memphis, TN
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Children''s Intestinal Rehabilitation Center at Le Bonheur (CIRCLe), Memphis, TN
- Norman, JL, Crill, CM. Optimizing the transition to home parenteral nutrition in pediatric patients. Nutr Clin Pract, 26 (3), 273-85, 2011.
- Tillman, EM, Crill, CM, Black, DD, Hak, EB, Lazar, LF, Christensen, ML, Huang, EY, Helms, RA. Enteral fish oil for treatment of parenteral nutrition-associated liver disease in six infants with short-bowel syndrome. Pharmacotherapy, 31 (5), 503-9, 2011.
- Crill, CM, Hak, EB, Robinson, LA, Helms, RA. Evaluation of microbial contamination associated with different preparation methods for neonatal intravenous fat emulsion infusion. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 67 (11), 914-8, 2010.
- Zimmermann, MB, Crill, CM. Iodine in enteral and parenteral nutrition. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab, 24 (1), 143-58, 2010.
- Crill, CM, Matlock, MA, Pinner, NA, Self, TH. Integration of first- and second-year introductory pharmacy practice experiences. Am J Pharm Educ, 73 (3), 50, 2009.
- Crill, CM, Helms, RA. The use of carnitine in pediatric nutrition. Nutr Clin Pract, 22 (2), 204-13, 2007.
- Wassil SK, Crill CM, Phelps SJ. Impregnated catheters in the prevention of catheter-related bloodstream infections. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 12, 77-90, 2007.
- Crill, CM, Storm, MC, Christensen, ML, Hankins, CT, Bruce Jenkins, M, Helms, RA. Carnitine supplementation in premature neonates: effect on plasma and red blood cell total carnitine concentrations, nutrition parameters and morbidity. Clin Nutr, 25 (6), 886-96, 2006.
- Lester, LR, Crill, CM, Hak, EB. Should adding albumin to parenteral nutrient solutions be considered an unsafe practice. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 63 (17), 1656-61, 2006.
- Crill, CM, Christensen, ML, Storm, MC, Helms, RA. Relative bioavailability of carnitine supplementation in premature neonates. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr, 30 (5), 421-5, 2006.
- Crill, CM, Hak, EB, Helms, RA. Accuracy of parenteral nutrition solutions compounded with automated systems and by hand. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 62 (22), 2345, 2348, 2005.
- Hak, EB, Crill, CM, Bugnitz, MC, Mouser, JF, Chesney, RW. Increased parathyroid hormone and decreased calcitriol during neonatal extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. Intensive Care Med, 31 (2), 264-70, 2005.
- Wessel, J, Balint, J, Crill, C, Klotz, K, , , ,. Standards for specialized nutrition support: hospitalized pediatric patients. Nutr Clin Pract, 20 (1), 103-16, 2005.
- Crill, CM, Bugnitz, MC, Hak, EB. Evaluation of gastric pH and guaiac measurements in neonates receiving acid suppression therapy during extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. Pharmacotherapy, 24 (9), 1130-6, 2004.
- Crill CM, Wassil SK, Quiros-Tejeira RE. Liver disease and parenteral nutrition in an adolescent with cystic fibrosis. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 9, 274-79, 2004.
- Marks KM, Crill CM. Calcium and phosphorous in pediatric parenteral nutrition. J Pharm Pract, 17, 432-46, 2004.
- Crill CM, Schentag JJ. Acute renal failure in a pediatric patient receiving gentamicin.. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 6, 244-48, 2001.
- Hak EB, Crill CM, Cyr NA, Lobe TE, Helms RA. Effects of normalizing serum albumin on tolerance of enteral feeding and morbidity in surgical infants receiving parenteral nutrition.. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 6, 476-84, 2001.
- Crill CM, Wang B, Storm MC, Helms RA. Carnitine: a conditionally essential nutrient in the neonatal population?. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther, 6, 223-34, 2001.
- Crill, CM, Hak, EB. Upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding in critically ill pediatric patients. Pharmacotherapy, 19 (2), 162-80, 1999.
- Crill CM, Wang B, Storm MC, Helms RA. Carnitine: a conditionally essential nutrient in the neonatal population? 1999;4:127-138.. J Pediatr Pharm Pract, 4, 127-38, 1999.