A. Shaun Rowe, Pharm.D., BCPS
College of Pharmacy
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
1924 Alcoa Highway Box 117
Knoxville Tn 37920
Campbell University School of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy
The University of Tennessee Medical Center
ASHP accredited residency: Pharmacy Practice (PGY-1)
Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties
Honors and Awards
2010 Pharmacist of the Year, Tennessee Society of Health System Pharmacists
Committees & Offices Held
Professional Affiliation Offices and Activities
UT Graduate School of Medicine Institutional Review Board
2010 – Present Board Member
Physician’s Medical Education and Research Foundation
2010 – Present Board Member
Tennessee Pharmacists Association
2014 - 2015 TSHP Past President
2013 - 2014 TSHP President
2012 – 2013 TSHP President Elect
2011 Chair of TSHP Awards Committee
2008 Committee Member - Professional Relations
2008 – 2009 TSHP Secretary / Treasurer
2007 – 2008 TSHP Secretary / Treasurer Elect
Society of Critical Care Medicine
2005 Committee Member – Patient Safety Task Force
American College Clinical Pharmacy
2012 Central Nervous System PRN / Cardiology PRN collaborative paper project member
2012 Critical Care PRN Awards Committee Member
2007 Critical Care Education Committee member
2006 Critical Care Education Committee member
2006 Critical Care Pharmacist Education Whitepaper Development Committee member
Neurocritical Care Society
2014 - 2015 Pharmacy Leadership Committee
2012 - present Annual Meeting Committee Member
2011 – Present Neurocritical Care Society
2010 – Present UT Graduate School of Medicine Institutional Review Board
2010 – Present Physician’s Medical Education and Research Foundation
2003 – Present Tennessee Pharmacists Association
2003 – Present Society of Critical Care Medicine
2003 – Present American College Clinical Pharmacy
2001 – Present American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
A. Shaun Rowe is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy at the University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Pharmacy. Dr. Rowe’s clinical practice, teaching and research site is in Neurosciences at The University of Tennessee Medical center in Knoxville, Tennessee. He is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist and serves as a reviewer for many pharmacy and critical care journals. Dr. Rowe’s research interests include hematologic changes during ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke as well as interprofessional education.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles:
1. Gabriel WM, Rowe AS. Long-term comparision of GOS-E scores in patients treated with phenytoin or levetiracetamfor posttraumatic seizure prophylaxis after traumatic brain injury. Ann Pharmacother. 2014;48(11): 1440-4.
2. Rowe AS, Greene CL, Snider CC, Carroll RC, Wiseman BF, Henry JM, et al. Thrombelastographic changesin patients experiencing an acute ischemic stroke and recieving alteplase. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2014; 23(6): 1307-1311.
3. Rowe AS, Goodwin H, Brophy GM, Bushwitz J, Castle A, Deen D, et al. Seizure prophylaxis in neurocritical care: a review of evidence-based support. Pharmacotherapy. 2014; 34(4): 396-409.
4. McMillen JC, Lawson CM, Rowe AS. A futility assessment of recombinant factor VII activated for the treatment of hemorrhagic shock requiring massive transfusion. Hospital Pharmacy. 2013; 48(9):753-756.
5. Baker W, Marrs J, Davis L, Nutescu E, Rowe AS, Ryan M, Splinter, M, Vardeny, O, Fagen S. Key Articles and Guidelines in the Acute Management and Secondary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke. Pharmacotherapy. 2013;33(6):E115-42.
6. Baker W, Marrs J, Davis L, Nutescu E, Rowe AS, Ryan M, Splinter, M, Vardeny, O, Fagen S. Key Articles and Guidelines in the Primary Prevention of Ischemic Stroke. Pharmacotherapy. 2013;33(6):E101-14.
7. Wylie DR, Ray SM, Rowe AS, Franks A. Pharmacy student knowledge retention after utilization of a novel patient simulation session. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2012;76(5): article 86.
8. Morris EK, Rowe AS. Probable drug-drug interaction leading to serotonin syndrome in a patient treated with concomitant buspirone, linezolid in the setting of therapeutic hypothermia. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2012; 37: 610 – 613.
9. Mount JC, Rowe AS. Use of methylene blue for refractory shock during continuous venovenous hemodiafiltration. Pharmacotherapy. 2010;30(3):323.
10. Rowe AS, Turner RM. Coagulation factor VIIa (recombinant) for warfarin-induced intracranial hemorrhage. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2010;67:361-5.