Andrea Franks, Pharm.D., BCPS
Associate Professor, College of Pharmacy
Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine,Graduate School of Medicine
Box 117 University Of Tennessee Medical Center
Andrea Franks is an Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy at the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy and in the Department of Family Medicine of the University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine. Dr. Franks'' clinical practice, teaching, and research site is in Family Medicine at the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville. She is a board certified pharmacotherapy specialist, and serves as a reviewer for several pharmacy and family medicine journals. Dr. Franks teaches throughout the Pharm.D. curriculum and has received several teaching awards.
- Ray, SM, McMillen, JC, Treadway, SA, Helmer, RS, Franks, AS. Indacaterol: A Novel Long-Acting β(2) -Agonist. Pharmacotherapy, 32 (5), 456-74, 2012.
- Suda, KJ, Bell, GC, Franks, AS. Faculty and student perceptions of effective study strategies and materials. Am J Pharm Educ, 75 (10), 201, 2011.
- Guglielmo, BJ, Edwards, DJ, Franks, AS, Naughton, CA, Schonder, KS, Stamm, PL, Thornton, P, Popovich, NG. A critical appraisal of and recommendations for faculty development. Am J Pharm Educ, 75 (6), 122, 2011.
- Lee, PH, Stockton, MD, Franks, AS. Acute pancreatitis associated with liraglutide. Ann Pharmacother, 45 (4), e22, 2011.
- Zingone, MM, Franks, AS, Guirguis, AB, George, CM, Howard-Thompson, A, Heidel, RE. Comparing team-based and mixed active-learning methods in an ambulatory care elective course. Am J Pharm Educ, 74 (9), 160, 2010.
- Thomas, JL, Dunn, D, Pelletier, A, Franks, AS. Hyperprothrombinemia as a result of a possible warfarin and intravaginal miconazole interaction. South Med J, 103 (10), 1063-5, 2010.
- Guirguis, AB, Ray, SM, Zingone, MM, Airee, A, Franks, AS, Keenum, AJ. Smoking cessation: barriers to success and readiness to change. Tenn Med, 103 (9), 45-9, 2010.
- Gray-Winnett, MD, Davis, CS, Yokley, SG, Franks, AS. From dispensing to disposal: the role of student pharmacists in medication disposal and the implementation of a take-back program. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003), 50 (5), 613-8, 2010.
- Rackham, DM, Ray, SM, Franks, AS, Bielak, KM, Pinn, TM. Community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal carriage in a college student athlete population. Clin J Sport Med, 20 (3), 185-8, 2010.
- Franks, AS. Using course survey feedback to encourage learning and concept application in a self-care and nonprescription medications course. Am J Pharm Educ, 73 (8), 153, 2009.
- Givens, CB, Bullock, LN, Franks, AS. Safety of concomitant tamoxifen and warfarin. Ann Pharmacother, 43 (11), 1867-71, 2009.
- Franks, AS, Ray, SM, Wallace, LS, Keenum, AJ, Weiss, BD. Do medication samples jeopardize patient safety. Ann Pharmacother, 43 (1), 51-6, 2009.
- Brown, CS, Franks, AS, Wan, J, Ling, FW. Citalopram in the treatment of women with chronic pelvic pain: an open-label trial. J Reprod Med, 53 (3), 191-5, 2008.
- Franks, AS. OTC product: Theraflu Thin Strips. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003), 46 (1), e7, 2007.
- Christy, NA, Franks, AS, Cross, LB. Spironolactone for hirsutism in polycystic ovary syndrome. Ann Pharmacother, 39 (9), 1517-21, 2005.
- Self, TH, Cross, LB, Nolan, SE, Weibel, JB, Hilaire, M, Franks, AR, Finch, CK, Tolley, EA. Gender differences in the use of peak flow meters and their effect on peak expiratory flow. Pharmacotherapy, 25 (4), 526-30, 2005.
- Woods, TM, Eichner, SF, Franks, AS. Weight gain mitigation with topiramate in mood disorders. Ann Pharmacother, 38 (5), 887-91, 2004.
- Franks, AS, Rawls, WN. Alzheimer's disease: clinical features and pharmacologic management. Am J Manag Care, 4 (4), 595-604; quiz 606-7, 1998.