Cameron M. Kaplan, Ph.D.
DOCTORS OFFICE BUILDING
66 NORTH PAULINE STREET
MEMPHIS TN 381630000
- Ph.D., University of California - Santa Barbara, Economics
- B.A., Brandeis University, Economics
- Assistant Professor (2013 - Present)
Department of Preventive Medicine; University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Postdoctoral Associate (2011 - 2013)
Department of Health Policy & Management; University of Pittsburgh
- Lecturer (2008-2010)
Martin V. Smith School of Business & Economics; California State University - Channel Islands
- Lecturer (2008)
Department of Economics, University of California - Santa Barbara
My research focuses on behavioral health economics and health policy. My recent work has touched on many topics including examining geographic and ethic disparities in health outcomes, optimal insurance benefit design, the impact of health on education, and most prominently, how economic incentives can affect healthy behaviors and health status.
Behavioral health economics, pharmaceutical economics, comparative effectiveness, insurance benefit design, determinants of health.
- Waters, TM, Webster, JA, Stevens, LA, Li, T, Kaplan, CM, Graetz, I, McAneny, BL. Community Oncology Medical Homes: Physician-Driven Change to Improve Patient Care and Reduce Costs. J Oncol Pract, 2015.
- Zhang, Y, Kaplan, CM, Baik, SH, Chang, CC, Lave, JR. Medication adherence and readmission after myocardial infarction in the Medicare population. Am J Manag Care, 20 (11), e498-505, 2014.
- Graetz, I, Kaplan, CM, Kaplan, EK, Bailey, JE, Waters, TM. The U.S. health insurance marketplace: are premiums truly affordable. Ann Intern Med, 161 (8), 599-604, 2014.
- Kaplan, CM, Graetz, I, Waters, TM. Most exchange plans charge lower tobacco surcharges than allowed, but many tobacco users lack affordable coverage. Health Aff (Millwood), 33 (8), 1466-73, 2014.
- Kaplan, C, Zhang, Y. THE JANUARY EFFECT: MEDICATION REINITIATION AMONG MEDICARE PART D BENEFICIARIES. Health Econ, 2013.
- Kaplan, C, Zhang, Y. Assessing the comparative-effectiveness of antidepressants commonly prescribed for depression in the US Medicare population. J Ment Health Policy Econ, 15 (4), 171-8, 2012.
- Zhang, Y, Steinman, MA, Kaplan, CM. Geographic variation in outpatient antibiotic prescribing among older adults. Arch Intern Med, 172 (19), 1465-71, 2012.
- Zhang, Y, Baik, SH, Chang, CC, Kaplan, CM, Lave, JR. Disability, race/ethnicity, and medication adherence among Medicare myocardial infarction survivors. Am Heart J, 164 (3), 425-433.e4, 2012.
- Kaplan, RM, Anderson JP, Kaplan, CM. Modeling Quality Adjusted Life Expectancy Loss Resulting From Tobacco Use in the United States. Social Indicators Research, 81 (1), 51–64, 2007.