Daniel Clyde Martin, M.D
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Interim Divisional Director, Gynecology
Divisional Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery
Divisional Director, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
UTHSC Faculty Senate
Clinic (901) 515-3800, Option 1
E100A ROUT CENTER FOR WOMEN AND NEWBORNS
853 JEFFERSON AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 381032896
Download My CV
Regional One Health Outpatient Center
880 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Clinic (901) 515-3800, Option 1
Clinical Fax (901) 515-3899
Academic Fax (901) 339-0888
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Fellowship Reproductive Endocrinology 1976-77
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology 1973-76
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Internship, Obstetrics & Gynecology 1972-73
Emory University School of Medicine, M.D. 1972
Emory University College of Arts & Sciences, B.S. Physics 1968
Georgia Military Academy 1964
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
The Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility is dedicated to clinical care of patients with infertility, endocrinopathies, childhood cancer, pediatrics, endometriosis and resident education. Programs in pediatric and adolescent gynecology and fertility preservation in cancer patents are coordinated with St. Jude and LeBonheur Children''s Hospitals. The REI division also coordinates minimally invasive gynecologic surgery with the MIGS division. The divisional faculty and staff are committed to advancing reproductive medicine through education, research and clinical excellence.
Dr Detti''s In-Vitro-Fertilization program has a high delivery rate.
Dr. Claudette Shephard - https://academic.uthsc.edu/faculty/facepage.php?netID=cshephar&personnel_id=107516
Dr. Dan Martin provides Tubal Reversal at Regional One Health
AAGL/ASRM Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
The AAGL/ASRM Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery is a 2-year academic fellowship sponsored by Regional One Health at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and accredited by the AAGL (formerly the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) and the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). The goal of the training program is to graduate a surgical specialist ready to provide expert, evidence-based, consultative care in any setting whether academic or community-based.
The faculty includes full-time academic and community-bas5d physicians. These have included obstetrician/gynecologists, fellowship trained minimally invasive surgeons, urogynecologists, gynecologic oncologists, urologists, colo-rectal surgeons, reproductive endocrinologists, and radiologists many of whom are internationally acknowledged. The curriculum over the 2-year period includes a balance of laparoscopic (including robotics), hysteroscopic, and vaginal surgery.
The fellow is expected to initiate, present, and publish gynecologic research relevant to minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. The fellow is expected to present at national meetings. The fellow’s clinical practice is associated with the Comprehensive Gynecologic Center. The fellow works with the academic faculty as a junior attending in teaching residents and medical students and to develop their skills as a mentor.
We will recruit our next fellow for the 2016-2018 cycle. Application to the national programs is through the AAGL and ASRM at http://www.aagl.org/service/fellowships.
- Batt, RE, Martin, DC, Odunsi, K. Endometriosis of the retrocervical septum is proposed to replace the anatomically incorrect term endometriosis of the rectovaginal septum. Hum Reprod, 29 (12), 2603-5, 2014.
- Martin DC, Detti L, Osborne S. Robot assisted laparoscopic documentation of endometriosis. J Robotic Surg., 8 (1), 97-98, 2013.
- Detti L, Martin DC, Williams LJ. Applicability of adult techniques for ovarian preservation to childhood cancer patients. J Assist Reprod Genet, 29 (9), 985-995, 2012.
- Brown, CB, Luciano, AA, Martin, D, Peers, E, Scrimgeour, A, diZerega, GS, ,. Adept (icodextrin 4% solution) reduces adhesions after laparoscopic surgery for adhesiolysis: a double-blind, randomized, controlled study. Fertil Steril, 88 (5), 1413-26, 2007.
- Batt, RE, Smith, RA, Buck Louis, GM, Martin, DC, Chapron, C, Koninckx, PR, Yeh, J. Müllerianosis. Histol Histopathol, 22 (10), 1161-6, 2007.
- Remorgida, V, Ferrero, S, Fulcheri, E, Ragni, N, Martin, DC. Bowel endometriosis: presentation, diagnosis, and treatment. Obstet Gynecol Surv, 62 (7), 461-70, 2007.
- Batt, RE, Yeh, J, Smith, RA, Martin, DC, Chapron, C. Intramedullary endometriosis of the conus medullaris: case report. Neurosurgery, 60 (3), E582; author reply E582, 2007.
- Martin, DC. Hysterectomy for treatment of pain associated with endometriosis. J Minim Invasive Gynecol, 13 (6), 566-72, 2006.
- Martin, DC, O'Conner, DT. Surgical management of endometriosis-associated pain. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am, 30 (1), 151-62, 2003.
- diZerega, GS, Verco, SJ, Young, P, Kettel, M, Kobak, W, Martin, D, Sanfilippo, J, Peers, EM, Scrimgeour, A, Brown, CB. A randomized, controlled pilot study of the safety and efficacy of 4% icodextrin solution in the reduction of adhesions following laparoscopic gynaecological surgery. Hum Reprod, 17 (4), 1031-8, 2002.
- Martin, DC. Research aspects of endometriosis surgery. Ann N Y Acad Sci, 955, 353-9; discussion 389-93, 396-406, 2002.
- Rier, SE, Coe, CL, Lemieux, AM, Martin, DC, Morris, R, Lucier, GW, Clark, GC. Increased tumor necrosis factor-alpha production by peripheral blood leukocytes from TCDD-exposed rhesus monkeys. Toxicol Sci, 60 (2), 327-37, 2001.
- Martin, DC, Batt, RE. Retrocervical, retrovaginal pouch, and rectovaginal septum endometriosis. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 8 (1), 12-7, 2001.
- Rier, SE, Turner, WE, Martin, DC, Morris, R, Lucier, GW, Clark, GC. Serum levels of TCDD and dioxin-like chemicals in Rhesus monkeys chronically exposed to dioxin: correlation of increased serum PCB levels with endometriosis. Toxicol Sci, 59 (1), 147-59, 2001.
- Adcock, J, Martin, DC. Air embolus associated with tubal insufflation. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 6 (4), 505-7, 1999.
- Adcock, J, Martin, DC. Resolution of subdiaphragmatic gas. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 6 (4), 501-3, 1999.
- Martin, DC, Ling, FW. Endometriosis and pain. Clin Obstet Gynecol, 42 (3), 664-86, 1999.
- Martin, DC. Medical versus surgical treatment of endometriosis. Fertil Steril, 70 (6), 1183-4, 1998.
- Martin, DC, Khare, VK, Miller, BE, Batzer, FR. Association of positive Chlamydia trachomatis and Chlamydia pneumoniae immunoglobulin-gamma titers with increasing age. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 4 (5), 583-6, 1997.
- Martin, DC. Cancer and endometriosis: do we need to be concerned. Semin Reprod Endocrinol, 15 (3), 319-24, 1997.
- Khare, VK, Martin, DC, Miller, BE, Batzer, FR. Association of Positive Chlamydia trachomatis and Chlamydia pneumoniae Immunoglobulin G Titers with Increasing Ag. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 3 (4, Supplement), S21, 1996.
- Khare, VK, Martin, DC, Eltorky, M. A comparative study of ovarian and pelvic wall-infiltrating endometriosis. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 3 (2), 235-9, 1996.
- Martin, DC. Pain and infertility--a rationale for different treatment approaches. Br J Obstet Gynaecol, 102 Suppl 12, 2-3, 1995.
- Rier, SE, Martin, DC, Bowman, RE, Becker, JL. Immunoresponsiveness in endometriosis: implications of estrogenic toxicants. Environ Health Perspect, 103 Suppl 7, 151-6, 1995.
- Cormier-Daire, V, Lyonnet, S, Lehnert, A, Martin, D, Salomon, R, Patey, N, Broyer, M, Ricour, C, Munnich, A. Craniosynostosis and kidney malformation in a case of Hennekam syndrome. Am J Med Genet, 57 (1), 66-8, 1995.
- Martin, DC. Pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 172 (3), 1069-70, 1995.
- Khare, VK, Consonni, R, Martin, DC, Winfield, AC. Use of algorithmic pathways to develop quality, cost-effective clinical care. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 2 (2), 169-74, 1995.
- Khare, VK, Martin, DC. Anecdotal association of endosalpingiosis with chlamydia trachomatis IgG titers and Fitz-Hugh-Curtis adhesions. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 2 (2), 143-5, 1995.
- Martin, DC, Khare, VK, Miller, BE. Association of Chlamydia trachomatis immunoglobulin gamma titers with dystrophic peritoneal calcification, psammoma bodies, adhesions, and hydrosalpinges. Fertil Steril, 63 (1), 39-44, 1995.
- Martin, DC. Editorial: Cost and Outcome Analysi. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 1 (4, Part 1), xvii-xix, 1994.
- Khare, VK, Martin, DC, Miller, B. Association of Chlamydia IgG Titers with Laproscopic Findings of Dystrophic Calcification and Hydrosalpinges but not with Endosalpingiosi. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 1 (4, Part 2), S17-8, 1994.
- Khare, VK, Martin, DC, Winfield, AC, Consonni, R. Use of Algorithmic Pathways to Develop Quality Care Oriented, Cost Effective Clinical Car. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 1 (4, Part 2), S18, 1994.
- Martin, DC, Khare, VK, Parker, LS. Clear and Opaque Vesicles: Endometriosis, Psammoma Bodies, Endosalpingiosis or Cancer. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 1 (4, Part 2), S21, 1994.
- Consonni, R, Khare, VK, Martin, DC, Winfield, AC. Correlation of Chlamydia IgG Antibodies with Hysterosalpingogram and Laparoscop. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc, 1 (4, Part 2), S8, 1994.
- Ripps, BA, Martin, DC. Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am, 20 (4), 709-17, 1993.
- Koninckx, PR, Martin, DC. Deep endometriosis: a consequence of infiltration or retraction or possibly adenomyosis externa. Fertil Steril, 58 (5), 924-8, 1992.
- Ripps, BA, Martin, DC. Correlation of focal pelvic tenderness with implant dimension and stage of endometriosis. J Reprod Med, 37 (7), 620-4, 1992.
- Martin, DC, Diamond, MP. The role of sutures in reconstructive pelvic surgery. Fertil Steril, 56 (4), 792, 1991.
- Martin, DC. Laparoscopic treatment of ovarian endometriomas. Clin Obstet Gynecol, 34 (2), 452-9, 1991.
- Martin, DC, Hubert, GD, Vander Zwaag, R, el-Zeky, FA. Laparoscopic appearances of peritoneal endometriosis. Fertil Steril, 51 (1), 63-7, 1989.
- Martin, DC, Vander Zwagg, R. Excisional techniques for endometriosis with the CO2 laser laparoscope. J Reprod Med, 32 (10), 753-8, 1987.
- Martin, DC. Nonsurgical treatment of ectopic pregnancy. Fertil Steril, 48 (2), 344-6, 1987.
- Diamond, MP, Daniell, JF, Feste, J, Surrey, MW, McLaughlin, DS, Friedman, S, Vaughn, WK, Martin, DC. Adhesion reformation and de novo adhesion formation after reproductive pelvic surgery. Fertil Steril, 47 (5), 864-6, 1987.
- McLaughlin, DS, Diamond, MP, Daniell, JF, Martin, DC, Feste, J. Laparoscopic assessment of ovarian healing following CO2 laser microsurgery: Vicryl vs. Surgilon. Microsurgery, 8 (2), 99-102, 1987.
- Martin, DC. CO2 laser laparoscopy for endometriosis associated with infertility. J Reprod Med, 31 (12), 1089-94, 1986.
- Daniell, JF, Diamond, MP, McLaughlin, DS, Martin, DC, Feste, J, Surrey, MW, Friedman, S, Vaughn, WK. Clinical results of terminal salpingostomy with the use of the CO2 laser: report of the Intraabdominal Laser Study Group. Fertil Steril, 45 (2), 175-8, 1986.
- Martin, DC. CO2 laser laparoscopy for the treatment of endometriosis associated with infertility. J Reprod Med, 30 (5), 409-12, 1985.
- Diamond, MP, Daniell, JF, Martin, DC, Feste, J, Vaughn, WK, McLaughlin, DS. Tubal patency and pelvic adhesions at early second-look laparoscopy following intraabdominal use of the carbon dioxide laser: initial report of the intraabdominal laser study group. Fertil Steril, 42 (5), 717-23, 1984.
- Morrison, JC, Martin, DC, Blair, RA, Anderson, GD, Kincheloe, BW, Bates, GW, Hendrix, JW, Rivlin, ME, Forman, EK, Propst, MG, Needham, R. The use of medroxyprogesterone acetate for relief of climacteric symptoms. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 138 (1), 99-104, 1980.