BRANDI E. FRANKLIN, PhD, MBA
213 PHARMACY BUILDING
881 MADISON AVENUE
MEMPHIS TN 381632198
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, Health Science Administration
- MBA, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL, Business Administration
- B.S., Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL, Business Administration
My research interests center on understanding how current care delivery systems can be enhanced to support youth in managing their diabetes without the need for continuous intervention by pediatric endocrinologists; in finding new therapeutic options for youth with chronic conditions such as T2DM; and in reducing barriers that hinder engagement in healthy lifestyle practices and diabetes self-management, especially for racial/ethnic minority youth.
- Christensen, ML, Franklin, BE, Momper, JD, Reed, MD. Pediatric drug development programs for type 2 diabetes: A review. J Clin Pharmacol, 55 (7), 731-8, 2015.
- Franklin, BE, Farland, MZ, Thomas, J, McFarland, MS, Ray, SM, Byrd, DC. Pharmacoeconomic analysis of the diabetes initiative program: a pharmacist-physician collaborative care model. Ann Pharmacother, 47 (12), 1627-34, 2013.
- Shirneshan, E, Bailey, J, Relyea, G, Franklin, BE, Solomon, DK, Brown, LM. Incremental direct medical expenditures associated with anxiety disorders for the U.S. adult population: evidence from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. J Anxiety Disord, 27 (7), 720-7, 2013.
- Franklin, BE, Crisler, SC, Shappley, R, Armour, MM, McCommon, DT, Ferry, RJ. Real-time support of pediatric diabetes self-care by a transport team. Diabetes Care, 37 (1), 81-7, 2013.
- Franklin, B, Jones, A, Love, D, Puckett, S, Macklin, J, White-Means, S. Exploring Mediators of Food Insecurity and Obesity: A Review of Recent Literature. J Community Health, 2011.