Technology for Students @ UTHSC
The UTHSC Educational Technology (EdTech) team offers a variety of tools and resources to assist faculty, staff, and students in teaching and learning. Information Technology Services (ITS) is the integral resource for information technology on the UTHSC campus and is responsible for providing modern and user-friendly technology services to the UTHSC campus community and visitors.
The EdTech Team and ITS work collaboratively to support UTHSC students. Our goal is to make your use of technology convenient and productive. We are here to answer any of your technology-related questions and assist you in accessing the technology resources available to you as a UT student.
Student Orientation Handouts
- College of Dentistry
- College of Health Professions
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- Graduate Health Sciences
- Physician Assistant Program
EdTech Best Practices and Helpful Hints for Students
- The UTHSC Adobe Suite consists of Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Connect, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Adobe eLearning Suite.
- You must have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer to participate in Adobe Connect sessions and to view Adobe Presenter pre-recorded content.
- The UTHSC Blackboard Team strongly recommends the latest version of Firefox. When content doesn’t load properly, check to see if you are using a compatible browser.
- If you experience trouble logging into Blackboard, try logging in to your UT email. If you can't login to either, contact the UTHSC Helpdesk. If you can login to your UT email account but not Blackboard, contact the Blackboard Administrator at email@example.com or 901-448-1927.
- When taking a Blackboard quiz or test, always connect to the Internet via a wired connection.
- If you cannot see your course in Blackboard, check with your instructor to see if the course has been made available.
- If you are unable to open a link to an external site or resource in Blackboard, right-click the link and choose to open it in a new window.
Clickers (Turning Technologies)
- Always come to class with your Clicker and extra batteries.
- Check the answer submission confirmation LCD screen to ensure you are submitting your desired response.
- Always arrive to your test with your student ID.
- Commit to memory your ExamSoft login credentials.
- Do not leave the testing site until you receive the green checkmark confirmation screen for your exam submission.
lynda.com @ UTHSC
- lynda.com is an online learning company that helps anyone learn software, design, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. During your free lynda.com subscription, you receive unlimited access to a vast library of high quality, current, and engaging video tutorials.
Microsoft Office Suite
- Training for Microsoft Office Suite is available to UTHSC students through the Educational Technology team. Visit https://academic.uthsc.edu/edtech/TSE/ to view upcoming training dates.
- Microsoft Office is available for download to all UTHSC students for free. Visit http://www.uthsc.edu/helpdesk/microsoft-student-advantage.php for more information.
- Qualtrics is a web-based survey service that is available for use by all UTHSC faculty, staff and students. The UTHSC Qualtrics Survey Service allows the campus community to easily create surveys, collect and store data, and produce reports.
Respondus LockDown Browser
- Respondus Lockdown Browser is a custom Internet browser utilized for Blackboard tests that locks down the testing environment, preventing students from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during the assessment.
- Before taking a test in LockDown browser, check with your instructor or in Blackboard to see if a password is needed
- Make sure you have closed all applications before launching LockDown browser.
- UTHSC Alert is the notification service that university administrators and Campus Police use to communicate by email and text message with UTHSC members and others in the case of an emergency.
- UTHSC TV is a streaming media service supported by the UTHSC Educational Technology team. With this service, users can upload and share video content.
- Xythos is our campus's official secure file sharing application, allowing users to securely share files with those internal and external to UTHSC.