Technology for Students @ UTHSC
The UTHSC Educational Technology (EdTech) team offers a variety of tools and resources to assist faculty, staff, and students in teaching and learning. Information Technology Services (ITS) is the integral resource for information technology on the UTHSC campus and is responsible for providing modern and user-friendly technology services to the UTHSC campus community and visitors.
The EdTech Team and ITS work collaboratively to support UTHSC students. Our goal is to make your use of technology convenient and productive. We are here to answer any of your technology-related questions and assist you in accessing the technology resources available to you as a UT student.
EdTech Best Practices and Helpful Hints for Students
Adobe Connect and Presenter
- You must have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer to participate in Adobe Connect sessions and to view Adobe Presenter pre-recorded content.
- The UTHSC Blackboard Team strongly recommends the latest version of Firefox. When content doesn’t load properly, check to see if you are using a compatible browser.
- If you experience trouble logging into Blackboard, try logging in to your UT email. If you can't login to either, contact the UTHSC Helpdesk. If you can login to your UT email account but not Blackboard, contact the Blackboard Administrator at email@example.com or 901-448-1927.
- When taking a Blackboard quiz or test, always connect to the Internet via a wired connection.
- If you cannot see your course in Blackboard, check with your instructor to see if the course has been made available.
- If you are unable to open a link to an external site or resource in Blackboard, right-click the link and choose to open it in a new window.
Clickers (Turning Technologies)
- Always come to class with your Clicker and extra batteries.
- Check the answer submission confirmation LCD screen to ensure you are submitting your desired response.
- CoursEval is a system used for end-of-course evaluations
- Your submissions to CoursEval are anonymous. UTHSC faculty do not have administrative access to this system.
- You will receive an email to your UT email account when an evaluation is made available to you.
- Always arrive to your test with your student ID.
- Commit to memory your ExamSoft login credentials.
- Do not leave the testing site until you receive the green checkmark confirmation screen for your exam submission.
- The UTHSC streaming server is a QuickTime server. You must have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer view this content.
- Before taking a test in LockDown browser, check with your instructor or in Blackboard to see if a password is needed
- Make sure you have closed all applications before launching LockDown browser.
StudyMate Class and Author
- StudyMate can only download to a PC or a Mac running PC emulation software.
- When using StudyMate author, clicking on the “?” symbol gives information on the current option or task.
- A StudyMate file must be open before you can go to another menu in StudyMate Author.
Microsoft Office Suite
- Training for Microsoft Office Suite is available to UTHSC students through the Educational Technology team. Visit https://academic.uthsc.edu/edtech/TSE/ to view upcoming training dates.
- Visit the UT General Stores website for special student pricing on Microsoft Office Suite and other software for your personal computer at http://www.uthsc.edu/gen_store/.